Khao San Road

Norrad

Just put some money in the pockets of the boys in brown im sure they can find a reason to take care of it. I would gladly pay money to see guys like that taken down.

Im not sure how i would react if i would have walked there.

this is thailand! have a laugh!

for every legit cupple. there r prolly 99 bargirl and john one!

the usa dudes shouldnt have said anything.

no offense but if u marry thai and u r farang we all think u married bargirl. exceptions duly noted!

Edited by goodheartman

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My response would vary according to my mood at the time, this being so far from reality (I think my wife might have met a BG... once) I most likely would have laughed or ignored them. Had I been in a suitable mood I would have gone after them and demanded an apology for my wife, kneeling...

Why does this thread remind me of my middle school lunchroom?

That must have been a looooooooooonnnnnnngggggg time ago :)

I'm not bothered by bargirls and I don't have anything against people who marry or date them. If these Tossers discussed it quietly amongst themselves then OK, but they loudly shouted it in a crowded restaurant. And no my wife is not a bar girl. The first time she stepped into a bar was when we went to Larry's Dive for the new year party.

And I know Texpat is not an ugly farang lady, he is just a old bitter retiree who is living out his remaining days up in Nong Khai wishing he had lived here when he was younger.

I don't know wether I would have got angry , took pity on them or just burst into laughter to be honest.

They must have been on something . I can just picture the guys from the US comedy movies, can't recall the names but they go around calling everyone DUDE ! . I would certainly have followed them out of curiousity if only to see how far they got down the street still standing. I do miss people watching on Khao San Road :)

It is quite strange when you go to somewhere like Ko Phangnan and there are many Farang ladies with Thai boyfriends and that is considered by most backpacers to be cool and not a bad thing.

Well, the older farang gals with the younger Thai males are harder to look at (for me a 24 year old male). The older farang and younger Thai girl couples are more funny, but the old chubby farang gals and their studs give off more of an eeewww feeling and can even cause your body to shake the way the it does when you eat something very sour.

As for the younger Western girls with Thai guys, they tend to be a bit rough. Speaking for the tribe (Western men) I don't think they will be missed.

I am putting a smiley face here now cause I am sure this offended somebody. :):D

Edited by TonySoprano

What if he was a bodybuilder. Would you still have knocked him out?

Hey your Tony Soprano you should know all this stuff...Just get Paulie & Silvio to handle it :)

Somchai and Somkiat these days. Toss him in the back of a pick up truck and dismember his body later on with a machete and then disintegrate the remains in Lao Khao. Anything left over is sent to Vietnam and sold to a rural noodle shop as a mystery meat.

Well, great that you didn't let it slide.

Now, that we all know who they are - they're marked for life. :)

I can describe them in great detail if you wish, even though I only saw them for a moment I am great at remembering details.

It is quite strange when you go to somewhere like Ko Phangnan and there are many Farang ladies with Thai boyfriends and that is considered by most backpacers to be cool and not a bad thing.

Well, the older farang gals with the younger Thai males are harder to look at (for me a 24 year old male). The older farang and younger Thai girl couples are more funny, but the old chubby farang gals and their studs give off more of an eeewww feeling and can even cause your body to shake the way the it does when you eat something very sour.

As for the younger Western girls with Thai guys, they tend to be a bit rough. Speaking for the tribe (Western men) I don't think they will be missed.

I am putting a smiley face here now cause I am sure this offended somebody. :):D

Well you didn't offend me, on the contrary, first time I laughed today was reading the above post.

I think what we are getting at is that if you are with someone of a similar AGE AND WEIGHT then there be no problem.

My gf is older and more ugly than myself. But she is rich.

I'm fighting the system from within. :D

Edited by Geekfreaklover

The best response would be to completely ignore them. Not even turn the head or look at them. They were expecting some kind of reaction. What ever that would be, they would have more fun. If the OP and his wife would act as they were not present, they would feel like fools.

How is that the best response? That is what most people do no? Because most people are pretty cowardly really, sorry but that is cowardly to me. I wouldn't even be able to look my woman in the eyes if I couldn't stand up for her.... They were not expecting a reaction, they were expecting everyone to do what they normally do which is ignore them and let them abuse and insult everyone freely because most people don't have any balls.

I beg to disagree. You step on me, I cut your leg.

The best response would be to completely ignore them. Not even turn the head or look at them. They were expecting some kind of reaction. What ever that would be, they would have more fun. If the OP and his wife would act as they were not present, they would feel like fools.

Oh dear.

How did you know they were Americans?

How did you know they were tourists?

Did you just make this up?

Its well known all over the world that Americans cause a lot of trouble.. look around in the world.

Oh yes, all American tourists go around the world causing trouble!

You know, your statement is just as ignorant as the three men who made that ignorant statement about you and your wife.  If you don't like people making generalities about you, you might want to consider not making them about other people.

Just my opinion.

Its well known all over the world that Americans cause a lot of trouble.. look around in the world.

You know, your statement is just as ignorant as the three men who made that ignorant statement about you and your wife.  If you don't like people making generalities about you, you might want to consider not making them about other people.

Just my opinion.

Someone hasn't read the entire topic...

I never generalised Americans or singled them out. I just noted that they were 3 American tourists.

Wow what a bunch of tards in this thread. This HAS happened to me and one of my old girlfriends (she's a nurse, wouldn't even know how to dress sexy and yet someone called her a hooker) I demanded an apology to her on the spot (she got it immediately) and was fully prepared to knock him out. How is defending the honour of someone I care about mean I have some sort of issue or problem? Rude scum need to know they cannot bully and abuse people lawlessly. The same thing would happen back home. Tards... the lot of you.

Defending her honor? You need to get in a fight with someone over name calling to "defend someones honor"? Maybe you should have slapped him upside the face with your glove and challenged him to pistols at dawn.

It amazes me how bent out of shape people can get over some <deleted> calling them a rude name...

It seems to me the only reason to go and get into it with the person and demand an "apology", is some kind of macho chest thumping.... "I'm the big man here" kind of thing...

As a young midshipman going to jump school at Fort Benning, I met a young dependant and went out with her when she deliberately provoked some comments from a couple soldiers, then demanded that I defend her honor. The two soldiers got concerned and move to defend themselves until I laughed and told her she had just junked her honor in the first place.

Honor is from the inside of a person, and no one else can take it away from you if you don't let them.  Three louts insulting every passing mixed couple has absolutely nothing to do with those couples' honor.  It only goes to denigarate their own honor, and no one needs to go about getting physical and risk all sorts of negative outcomes to defend something which wasn't lost.

Yes, I would take offense enough to make some sort of comment back at them, so I cannot be completely complacent.  But as long as there has been no physical contact, I would not initiate anything physical in return.

O/T but so true - when i worked with a bunch of farangs most of the farang girls had beach boy b/fs down on Koh samet and bring them back to BKK - twas so funny as they were very righteous about the farang men who liked the BG scene...but they could never get a grasp on reality and always insisted their flame twirling boys were different than BG's.. how funny that all ended disaster at some time just like majority of BG stories....

Oh well never mind.....

Just my opinion.

I never generalised Americans or singled them out. I just noted that they were 3 American tourists.

And I took no offense to your original statement.  If they were American, then they were American.  But the quoted statement is a different matter.  It transcends three individual jerks and paints a general picture of Americans as causing trouble.

In such a situation most average people would first stare at them in disbelieve and then try to ignor them or respond rather amusingly. If you start a fight, the consequences will cost you more, than if you walk away. Maybe prison.

If you not react at all right from the beginning, make jokes to your wife, have a laugh, they will not achieve what they are looking for, seeing your clumsy helplessness.

Just my opinion.

And I took no offense to your original statement.  If they were American, then they were American.  But the quoted statement is a different matter.  It transcends three individual jerks and paints a general picture of Americans as causing trouble.

And you do realise that robblok and I are two different people, no one made a comment about him and his wife...

right, over the years I have known and seen many beautiful, young Farang women together with Thai men on the islands. Most of the European beauties were together with young Thai hippies, who looked like right out of an Indian movie with their long, straight hair.

And you do realise that robblok and I are two different people, no one made a comment about him and his wife...

You are right.  My bust on that. I guess I should read more thoroughly before I post.

And I know Texpat is not an ugly farang lady

Are you sure?

Want me to get my norks out?

Keep guessing, Homer. :)

I still say you're making a mountain out of a molehill. What do you expect from KSR? Lie with dogs you catch fleas.

Or at least PEE on your leg!

I am not advocating attacking people, but confronting them yes, if it turns violent that is a rare chance, most people are cowardly and when confronted immediately back down, at least in my experience.

My nurse friend was totally and visibly hurt and upset when she was called a hooker, how is it this <deleted> right to make people sad and unhappy for no reason? And I'm supposed to ignore that?! NO WAY. Absolutely DONT deserve my penis if I ignored her hurt feelings by some bastard. I verbally jumped on the guy right away and he quickly apologised. If a man cant do this much well...... dayum.

Are you sure?

Want me to get my norks out?

Keep guessing, Homer. :)

I still say you're making a mountain out of a molehill. What do you expect from KSR? Lie with dogs you catch fleas.

Oh, can I? Let's give it a try. Roughly 44 years old, definately American, living near Nong Khai about a mile from the Mekong, retired and married. Am I close?

Nah, I'm not at all angry with you, you are standing up for your country (ex-country) and that is admirable. But you definately don't have to stand up for those three jerks, they gave us a very bad impression.

We only went to KSR to meet one of my wifes friends who was interviewing foreigners for a university project. I personally can't stand the place and the people it attracts but I would never say that out loud to them in a crowded place. They can have their opinions but please keep it to themselves.

What made these tossers think your wife was a bg.Did she dress sexy or where the guys just total nobs

perhaps they were jealous.I could understand an obnoxious comment if the OP was a much older man,but it seems an odd thing to say to someone so young with a thai g/f almost similar age.Not condoning the comment even towards older farang.Maybe its just showing up the immaturity of these guys,i would have just ignored them.