Pointless 3

yumidesign

Where shall I begin for what may have seemed a great Kodak moment has been missed with this image.

* Poor composition - the steep angle combined with a poor choice of focal length makes the dog very out of proportion, unless you wanted to create the feeling of cars being shot from a plane.

* The primary subject (was it the dog?) is way out of focus, but an asphalt worker's dream come true.

* Probably shot in full auto. But if manual, like in the film days, you exposed for the highlights and then some. But you forgot part two of the old equation and didn't develop for the shadows. Try using the opposite approach with digital and you just may wind up with a few decent shots.

* Noise galore in the shadows.

* Well suited image caption.

Where shall I begin for what may have seemed a great Kodak moment has been missed with this image.

* Poor composition - the steep angle combined with a poor choice of focal length makes the dog very out of proportion, unless you wanted to create the feeling of cars being shot from a plane.

* The primary subject (was it the dog?) is way out of focus, but an asphalt worker's dream come true.

* Probably shot in full auto. But if manual, like in the film days, you exposed for the highlights and then some. But you forgot part two of the old equation and didn't develop for the shadows. Try using the opposite approach with digital and you just may wind up with a few decent shots.

* Noise galore in the shadows.

* Well suited image caption.

look. i agree with you completely, well almost completely. Its not a great picture by any standards, just an idea that i may be could use latter....... the garbage about not developing the highlights in digital photography is nonsense

ps i never use auto mode..... always stay with aperture priority and manual focus, but you may be right i may be i need glasses but hang on a minute my view finder has a control to adjust for my eye

:)