Why Can We Not Edit Our Own Post?

IanForbes

Why can we not edit our own post after posting it and leaving the forum for elsewhere?

Occasionally I'll go back and spot an error I made but didn't see after posting and I would like to change it later. I can't seem to do so except immediately after posting to a topic. :)

Why can we not edit our own post after posting it and leaving the forum for elsewhere?

Occasionally I'll go back and spot an error I made but didn't see after posting and I would like to change it later. I can't seem to do so except immediately after posting to a topic. :)

You can, you just can't wait for ever. Get on it man!

• 1 month later...

This duration must be set by the Board Admin, as I use another Pattaya Forum, which appears to use the same forum software, and I can EDIT that several days later :D , like to update a Title or make a text correction.

WHY is TV edit duration set so low? There must be a reason for the choice of their settings. :)

WHY is TV edit duration set so low? There must be a reason for the choice of their settings. :)

I believe the reason is down to consistency, if posters respond to the original OP, or subsequent responses and then a Poster realizes he has made a cock-up, he would be able to change his/her post and so following responses and the thread in general would become nonsensical, just like the General Forum, so no change there then.

:D

Edited by Mossfinn

Can you normally turn back time? Above post provides the reason. Even when we make the edit in the time allowed - if it changes the meaning, it is helpful to post that in the edit line for those who already have read the post once.

This duration must be set by the Board Admin, as I use another Pattaya Forum, which appears to use the same forum software, and I can EDIT that several days later :D , like to update a Title or make a text correction.

It messes with the quote function and the consistency of the the forum, as Moss said you can be in the middle of a debate and the person you are debating can go back and change the entire content and meaning of their post. In a country like Thailand with libel laws in the criminal area this can cause all sorts of problems. Be greatfull you can take back what you have said.

As to the forum that has several days to edit posts, they have altered the Envision (?) software settings rather than TV as most fora have 30 minutes to edit post as a standard. I would guess they do not have the site traffic and member numbers that TV does.

Occasionally I'll go back and spot an error I made but didn't see after posting and I would like to change it later. I can't seem to do so except immediately after posting to a topic. :D

Hi 'IanForbes' and other members.

Try using the "Preview Post" button first before posting.

With long posts use 'Word" and save it as you go along and once it is to your liking 'cpoy and paste' it into your post. :D

I do, but still sometimes :D get it wong also. :D

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :)