Closing Of Topics

beano2274

I have recently noticed the closing of a lot of topics that have been noted as "Not Thailand related" The Princess Eugene thing in Cambodia, the Phil Spector case in America.

We have a South East Asia, forum about the woman in jail so how about putting the Eugene story there.

Also I agree that posts closed should be removed after a period of time, they could be kept in a History Forum,

until complete deletion, thus allowing people to go into the Forum to find out details, that could be used in a new Topic.

Keep editing this maybe get it okay soon

Edited by beano2274

The Eugenie story is already in the SE Asia forum.

I doubt we'll be able to find even a tenuous connection for the Phil Spector story :)

Closed threads remain forever unless actually deleted (which usually happens to the 'not Thailand related' ones).

And of course, discussion of moderation issues is not permitted in the open forum.

But as I saw the other day there were two topics of Eugene, one was closed the other is still there. If one is closed then link it to the other, and after a period decided by the mods the closed topic is then removed completely.

I am always thankful for information I receive from the Moderators, as they are all more knowledgeable than most of us, but moderators need to be impartial and also allow the users to have their opinions on certain topics, but be able to warn users about any thing they seem undesirable.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback beano.

Of course we encourage our members to contribute their opinions on all topics, as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum.

It would make the job of the moderators a lot easier if all members posted within the guidelines given by the Forum Rules though...

:)

As far as your suggestion to delete closed topics is concerned, you will note that they quickly fall down the first couple of pages of recent topics in any subforum as new topics are posted. Unless there is something in a closed topic that specifically mentions illegal activities or jeopardizes the ThaiVisa website, we do not normally delete closed topics.

Anyway, your suggestions are welcome... and this forum support section is where you can come to ask questions, offer suggestions etc.

But please leave discussion of moderation out of the topic please... that is one subject that is not up for discussion... as per forum rules.

:D