Visa To Egypt Only For Thai .. ( 2009 )

Good evening everybody , im Jan ra from Egypt and i got good news

after greetings ... after meetings between thai and Egy govnerments finally Egypt govenrment agreed giving open

Visa for thai nationality up to 3 months for the normal visitor visa type and getting the visa when you arrive to egypt to cairo airport or alexandria aripot or louxor airport or Hurghada airport or Aswan airport or Marsa Alam Airport . with some simple few conditions .

for Thai Nationality people with the rules of 2009 now any Thai naitonality can come to Egypt easier than before

getting Arrival visa for 3 months staying without conditions .

arrival you will pay only 60 $ Only as Arrival fees and Entry visa fees .

Condtions to apply to this visa

========================

1- clean histroy and no crimes .

2- atleast staying 3 years in thailand before coming to egypt .

3- hvaing enough money for your self for staying and having yours going back ticket also .

and now i can tell any Thai nationality

:) Welcome to the land of the peace Egypt with all respect :D

Jan

post-82578-1241622116_thumb.png

Wow!! Good new! So cool.. Egypt is will be the list on my next holiday, the chance for me to see the world more and more. How great when can travel to other country without apply a visa.

i will keep you inform and recheck with the embassy again. Anyway thank so much Jan.

Your welcome to Egypt ..

infact this News for ( Thai ) nationality its good news also becuz egypt had good relations with thailand ...

in the same time Egypt Visa now became one of the hardest visa in world Even for English and Australians its hard

This orders and conditions starting from 2009 March ...

Egyptian government started this hard Visa conditions specially after the world economy problems we found alot of Europeans started to move to egypt and some Arabian asian countries .

now the Allowed nationalities first one was ( Tahi ) Nationality for 90 days

after that

Asia Allowed Counries - Arrival Visa

================

Thailand -- 90 days ( with other special treating because of the good and strong relaitons between Egy and Tahi )

Hong kong -- 30 days

Singapore -- 15 days

china -- 30 days

Russia-- 90 days( with other special treating because of the good and strong relaitons between Egy and Rus )

Japan -- 90 days

Lebanon-- 30 days

Bahrain --15 days

( Other Asian countries need to apply for Egyptian visa before coming to egypt )

North America Allowed Arrival visa

=======================

United States-- 15 days

( Canda And mexico Need to apply before coming )

Europe Allowed Arrival

================

France-- 30 days

Sweden-- 30 days

Greece -- 90 days ( with other special treating because of the good and strong relaitons between Egy and Gre )

Irland -- 30 days

Germany -- 90 days

About the refused countries (( Pakistan , Iran , Turkey , Iraq , Denmark , Australia , India , Honduras , Colombia , Saudia Arabia ))

Refused countries had weak chances to get egyptian visa .

Thanks for all .

Egypt Embassy address in thiland for more information :-

Egypt Embassy , Thailand

Las. Colinas Building 42 nd Floor 6 Sukhumvit 21

Bangkok

Thailand

Phone:

0-2262-0236

Fax:

+66-2-2620235

Email:

[email protected]

:)Welcome to Egypt The Land Of Peace And Love and History:)

in the same time Egypt Visa now became one of the hardest visa in world Even for English and Australians its hard

I'd say that's a bold statement. Do you honestly believe that to get a visa to visit Egypt is tougher than most other visas in the world?

Dabhand (( Can UK passport holders still obtain a visa on arrival at Cairo airport for $15 as before? ))

Good morning dabhand ,

before 2009 it was avilable yes but after March 2009 everything changed .. also became little hard as the same as European visa .. specially after world economy problem happened we found alot of people from East Europe immigrated to Egypt for loving and work

also because egypt economy still strong .. that was the strongest reason to change Visa rules .

from another side there was some countries was treating Egyptian naitonality hard using hard rules and conditions for egyptian naitonality and now all what egypt did it . only Egyptian government treating everyone as the same as they treat egyptian naitonality .

for example in thialand and russia and malaysia and china they treating Egyptian very good with good and easy visa conditions so we treated them as the same as they treat us good too ( Logical ) i think .

another countries changed thier rules to be easy after March 2009 countries had alot of citizens living in Egypt and working here like

( Usa , Bahrain , Greece , Italy , France , Japan , Emarties ) some of them still running for changing rules for egyptian visa and some of them already done and changed like Italy and Bahrain .

i think the same with UK when the Visa become easier for egyptians naiton also treating them good they will accept to change it in Egypt too .. form another side we respect England as a country had long history with Egypt and friendly relations for more than 50 years untill now .

i got for your Egyptian embassy Phone and Address in London to ask them by your self if you like about the conditions heres da info :-

================

26 South Street

London W1Y 6DD

Telephone: +44 [0]207 499 3304/2401

Nearest Underground Tube station: Hyde Park Corner

==================

And welcome to Egypt anytime Dabhand :)

Charlie (( I'd say that's a bold statement. Do you honestly believe that to get a visa to visit Egypt is tougher than most other visas in the world? ))

Good morning Charlie ,

first of all i wud like to thanks you for saying ( Bold statement ) ... seconds ago i answered our fiend Dabhand and i think i told him about why the Egyptian visa became hard . and im not thinking as you said i'am sure its . all what i said clearly is ( it became on of the hardest ) in fact firstly if you read the news you will know that Egypt now went out off the Arabian united because originally we are not Arabs thats why we became independent with all respect for others . from another side Egyptian citizins treated very bad before in come countries also insulted so hard .

Example .. ( Egypt government found finally people who go to Australia thro Egypt way they check them in Australia after arrivin there so hard and when one of people asked them about the reason of this hard checking they told them in Australia because egypt one of terrorism or terror countries !?! we didnt take any aciton because as all world know Egypt very well as a kind people and also welcoming anyone and thanks god there nothing as they said in australia we are only sad because we was thinking good about australia but we never know they think like that about us honslty . and the answer of my govnerment was very decent by saying ( thanks ) .

tat was special reason . about the general reasons as i said we started to treat every country as the same as they treat Egyptian citizens

also because of the high immigrations numbers what happened lately in January and Febreuary from west europe . infact we didnt refuse who came already and they are welcomed here . but after that we started to make this new rules with all respect also because now Egypt Arab republic will change next month to be ( United Republic of Egypt ) .

And welcome to Egypt Charlie and forgive me if you understood me wrong dear .

Thank you again with all respect .

Welcome to Egypt :)

I forgot to say Big Thanks for Treating Good for Egyptian citizens in ( Thailand ) that was the answer for Thai govnerments to make the Visa easy for them with all respect .

Bangkok

Thailand

Phone:

0-2262-0236

Email:

[email protected]

Please allow me to warn you regarding applying for a visa through the Bangkok based Egyptian Embassy:

Last year me (EU National) and my Thai girlfriend wanted to visit Egypt (7 days). We went to the embassy for a tourist visa for her ( I did not need one). This was about six weeks before the trip. Everybody at the embassy was very friendly and helpful... except for one person: an old Thai man working there. It was clear he was looking for trouble. Not only with us, with anyone applying for anything. Some discussions took place and several people left the embassy 'slamming the door'.

When it was our turn -as this old guy went through all applications- he called us and said we had to go home and would not get a visa. After insisting politely he said that actually I needed to apply for a visa too. As I am from a country that gets the visa on arrival I didn't need to, however he said "if you dont apply for a visa I will not grant your girlfriend the visa". So we both applied, paid the fee and gave our passport. After we paid he said he would not give her the visa anyway because we were not married. The old Thai man said all kinds of inapropriate things I quote "how do I know she is not a prositute you are going to sell? you might want to sell her there on the market! It happens to many Thai girls! you are not married! she cannot get visa"

After a 20 minute discussion, showing him in our passport our stamps of traveling together since 3 years, staying very calm and polite, and stating our marriage was planned for the summer - calling her mother to testify this- etc etc .. he said something like "ok ok ... its ok".

When we arrived to pick up our passport three working days later, we received our passport with visa's. However, when checking it we saw that the visa was VALID FOR ONE MONTH from the date of the visa application ---> it would expire one week BEFORE our arrival in Egypt. We had clearly informed of the dates of our trip, and even asked if it was too early to apply. no that was fine they had said. Now going back to the desk, of course the old thai guy got involved. I requested them to change the validity to two months or whatever, change the visa etc...just do something to find a solution so we could enter Egypt at our arrival there, we did apply correctly with the correct dates on our application.

He said "no. I cannot and will not change it. You are trouble makers. You will not get visa again". I thought I was dreaming. It looked like being in some kind of movie, I was looking around if there was any hidden camera and someone to jump forward "candid camera LOL" ... but no, this was real. The guy had us buy two visa's that were not valid for our trip, he did not want to change it, and he stated we would NOT get a visa again and should leave the embassy or he would call security. We had paid our plane tickets already (as well as our visa's), and we were assured we would get the visa during our previous visit.

I had stayed calm and polite until this point, doing lots of efforts to restrain and not get angry. But now this was it. The guy said we had to leave, called the next guy and didn't want to talk to us again. At this point I decided to stay at the embassy. When he called the next guy after that I went back to the desk and asked for a solution, stating we paid our tickets and just wanted to visit the country. Again he brushed us to the side and ignored us. I requested to speak to the consul or anybody else. But the other people at the desk did not speak much english. They old thai man called the security guards to remove us from the embassy. I thought at this point, ok - lets see what happens, and I stayed sitting in the waiting room. A huge egyptian guy came and requested me to leave. He was huge but also very friendly. I showed him my passport and tried to explain there was a misunderstanding. The guard became uncomfortable and went back to the desk to ask what this was about. There they had some discussion. Guard came back asking me to leave. I said I would not leave until I speak to the consul or get this mistake in my visum fixed. The guard gave up, and left.

So we stayed until noon, when everybody was gone, and they were about to close the embassy and go for lunch. However, I refused to leave until they would fix their mistake. A discussion erupted between the personnel, in arab. The security guard came asking me to leave, but again I said I would not leave until I could speak to the consul. I expected to be removed by force, but no, the guard left again. Finally they called some higher level egyptian guy, the consul or similar. He was very friendly, asked what the problem was. I explained the story, showed my travel docs and the faulty visa. He said I did not need to worry and he would fix it as he understood this was a mistake from his administration. He called the old thai guy, and we had some kind of cross examination. There was no escaping for the thai guy at that point, I told the consul I was forced to buy a visum why I did not need to, that he called my gf a prositute, he refused a visa because we were not married, and that he finally tricked us into a visa on which he stamped the wrong dates while our applications were correct... he lost face bigtime in front of his superior (entirely his own fault, he had it coming). The consul guy was upset with the Thai old man and ordered him to go fix my visa instantly. The consul apologised a dozen times to me and my girlfriend.

10 minutes later we got our passports with the visa stamp corrected to "valid three months". The consul apologised once more for the incident and wished us a good trip. The old Thai guy did not look at us or speak to us again, as expected. I had taken pictures with my cellphone of the old thai guy as I was planning to make an official complaint. But I never did make the complaint though...

We had a nice trip to egypt, it was enjoyable. Just be warned for the old Thai guy at the egyptian embassy... I bet we were not the first couple he was trying to screw over... if we would not have been persistent we would have lost our trip (and tickets)

I also had a terrible embarrassing altercation with the older guy when I applied for a visa last year at that embassy. The lady wasn't very nice either, questioning about my intentions going there without a tour group and I kept pointing to the fax sent through from my family member who works in Egypt....I was dressed very conservatively and I spoke to her politely saying that I had been in Egypt 25 years earlier and was looking forward to going again...blah blah. She was very nice to all the young boys in there I noticed. Anyways, they kept telling me to come back, once on a public holiday and she lost face when I pointed this out. The guard down stairs kept asking me when I got there why I was coming back so often, and he was laughing and apologizing. Anyway, the day before the flight, go back in and no "not ready, you come back tomorrow morning". My flight was leaving a 8.00am. I told him that would not be possible. He answers back, "why do you live too far away at Koh San Road." I was coming down with the flu, and this was the fourth time they asked me to come back, and I just lost it. All mae pen rai, out the window. "How dare you speak to me in that manner, I have a condo at Sattorn" by this time I am in tears and sobbing, everyone heads down, including the Marg Simpson look alike with attitude. I went outside the office and started calling Egypt to tell them I wouldnt be coming, no answer of course, it was the middle of the night there. Meanwhile, the consul, and other staff were in the office and their was some raised voices. I went back in and the consul handed me the visa, nobody said a word. I didnt write a complaint, as I met up socially with embassy staff over there and told them directly about my experience.

Later that evening I did see on CNN an aussie woman in a cowboy hat, yelling at the camera "we dont want em here" in protest to a Muslim school being built in country New South Wales, so I understand raggys point with regard to how people from certain countries are treated in Australia and it makes me very sad.

I had a wonderful trip there, always discovering something new to see, a country so rich in interesting history. Cairo iteself has become quite international, even went to a Thai restaurant. The egyptian people just as friendly as I remember from my last trip. I hope to visit again someday.

good experience kaz49. i heard that you can go egypt without visa. you just have to go sheram EL Sheikh through Amman or somwhere wehre you dont have to pass Cairo. one of my bro went there without visa and now he is working. but now he got the work permit and everything..

• 2 weeks later...

Egypt Embassy , Thailand

Bangkok

Thailand

Phone:

+66-2-xxxxxxx

+66-2-2620236

Fax:

+66-2-2620235

Email:

[email protected]

:)Welcome to Egypt The Land Of Peace And Love and History:)

The 1st phone number for the Egypt Embassy is wrong, I know so because thats my phone number, i get calls every bloody day asking for the embassy, can some mod please remove it, thanks :)

Edited by mjperry

• 11 months later...

The OP is very positive about a Thai getting a visa on arrival . . .but I need to know this from some official source.

MANY MANY conflicting stories and information here!!

Why doesnt this embassy have a website?

Email

or even working phones.