Best 500 Thb Night Hotel

Boater

There are some options available, but at that price, pretty sparse...

A nice, decent place nearby, though not on Sukhumvit, is the NASA Vegas hotel...

http://www.nasavegashotel.com/

Rates as low as 690 baht per night...

On Sukhumvit itself, there is the Crown Hotel around Soi 27 or 29.... not to be confused with the more expensive but similarly low-end Crown Hotel in Suk Soi 6-8...

I stayed there one on a night when I couldn't go back to my own home due to a power outage... it was around 500 baht per night... simple room with bed and inside bathroom with shower... Hotel also has an outdoor pool and cafe onsite.

Do a ThaiVisa search for "cheap" hotels around Sukhumvit..You'll find other suggestions...

Someone else cited this place:

White Orchid Inn ; is about 50metres from Nana Plaza; .Has some Semi-permanent Brits.

No Website; but: phone 02 6564670

Price is around 600Baht-last time I checked.

I stayed at PP Hotel off Sukhumvit Soi 11 for 500 Baht awhile back - but it was only for 4 hours. :)

Edit: Didn't see JFC's report and that 'unforseen power outage' should be added into the my reasoning for taking a short time room.

Edited by bkkjames

For the two hotels mentioned above, I suspect the front desk staff won't know what to do if someone walks in and wants to rent the room for the ENTIRE night.... For both places, I'd say the majority of their business is more akin to BKK James' hotel staying habits... :)

For the two hotels mentioned above, I suspect the front desk staff won't know what to do if someone walks in and wants to rent the room for the ENTIRE night.... For both places, I'd say the majority of their business is more akin to BKK James' hotel staying habits... :)

Well John, if you can give me a better reason to stay in these kind of places, I may consider next time.

There are some options available, but at that price, pretty sparse...

A nice, decent place nearby, though not on Sukhumvit, is the NASA Vegas hotel...

http://www.nasavegashotel.com/

Rates as low as 690 baht per night...

On Sukhumvit itself, there is the Crown Hotel around Soi 27 or 29.... not to be confused with the more expensive but similarly low-end Crown Hotel in Suk Soi 6-8...

I stayed there one on a night when I couldn't go back to my own home due to a power outage... it was around 500 baht per night... simple room with bed and inside bathroom with shower... Hotel also has an outdoor pool and cafe onsite.

Do a ThaiVisa search for "cheap" hotels around Sukhumvit..You'll find other suggestions...

Someone else cited this place:

White Orchid Inn ; is about 50metres from Nana Plaza; .Has some Semi-permanent Brits.

No Website; but: phone 02 6564670

Price is around 600Baht-last time I checked.

jfc,

you jest surely, this "hotel" or to coin another phrase, serviced apartment, and its not the apartments that are being serviced, is probably the biggest knocking shop in Thailand.

Play Boy or Penthouse Hotels, pale into insignificance in comparison.

The last time I saw an advert, the Nasa Vegas is about 4,500 baht per month for an apartment, very popular amonst Thais providing accomadation for mia nois and gigs.

I trust you werent staying there.rolleyes.gif

Thanks RGS... You're right... I've never stayed at the NASA Vegas... though I did stay at the Playboy one night... Shhhhh........ :)

However, from various accounts here on TV that I've read, the NASA Vegas has rooms that are pretty decent and well maintained... surely better than the Crown Hotel on Suk 27-29....

The OP was asking for 500 baht PER NIGHT places... So if he's serious to find places really at that price in BKK... then I'd guess the NASA Vegas is probably among the better accommodations per se to be found at that price..

At 500 baht per night, I home he's not bringing a REAL GF along... :D

Actually, NASA Vegas would be a better resting spot after a late night at either of the Tawandangs on nearby Soi Pattanakarn...

That, and, it's located right on the soon-opening Phyathai to Suvarnabhumi airport rail link line...

If NASA Vegas is a popular place for maintaining giks in residence (that's news to me, since I don't keep anyone in that fashion)...... maybe I should plan on actually spending some time there... :)

During the 80es I stayed many times at the Malaysia Hotel/Soi Sribhumpen area, the second area after KSR with a number of guest houses, but not so "normal" like KSR.

It must still be an inexpensive area to stay.

Several small ones in 'Little Arabia' enclave near Grace hotel. I used to stay at the Grace (fair price, full amenities, lots of 'action' right downstairs). But that was a decade ago, even five years ago I was one of the few non-Middle Easterner/Muslim in the place. I found my fellow guests pleasant or minding their own business. Cheapest room has no windows so great for light sleepers. Hotel staff girls nice too. But I can no longer afford it (B800?) so I scoured the very small hotels near the streetwalkers at the closest lane left, coming back to Nana Plaza. One of the first ones on the right is the cheapest one I could find. But wonky bathroom features and missing mosquito net on hole to outside. I like the convenient location and the fact that it is very close to Aloeswood perfume vendor shops and one of my favorite non-Thai restaurants in Bangkok, an Egyptian one. I got similar prices in the small sois near the Central Post Office, small hotels run by Indians. Very handy for Indian food. BTW, although Khao sarn Road may be cheap, it is not good value. One has to go several blocks away for any deals.

During the 80es I stayed many times at the Malaysia Hotel/Soi Sribhumpen area, the second area after KSR with a number of guest houses, but not so "normal" like KSR.

That area is so bad!

If you want to meet people who have managed to <removed> up their whole lives then this is the place to go.....

Last time i was there 5 years ago on a sunny afternoon having a drink with some mates - this 50 + year old irish guy decided we were staring at him (we were looking because he was sitting by himself drinking sangsom and talking to himself !) wouldn't you take a look?

Anyway he came over and wanted to have fight with us " <deleted> you looking at you English pricks" actually i've taken the liberty to interpret what he said cus none of us could understand him.....

We told him to sit down but he wouldn't - so we paid the bill and left sharply before he went spastic on us.....

The some farang ladyboy! i kid you not a proper rough as <deleted> bloke dressed in ladies clothing started walking with us and asking/begging to come along on the piss with us - of course he/she had no money! we legged it out of there and went down to Silom for some normality !!!

haven't been back since and have no intention too....i'd rather walk around klong toey p1ssed at 3am in the morning....

That area is so bad!

If you want to meet people who have managed to <removed> up their whole lives then this is the place to go.....

Last time i was there 5 years ago on a sunny afternoon having a drink with some mates - this 50 + year old irish guy decided we were staring at him (we were looking because he was sitting by himself drinking sangsom and talking to himself !) wouldn't you take a look?

Anyway he came over and wanted to have fight with us " <deleted> you looking at you English pricks" actually i've taken the liberty to interpret what he said cus none of us could understand him.....

We told him to sit down but he wouldn't - so we paid the bill and left sharply before he went spastic on us.....

The some farang ladyboy! i kid you not a proper rough as <deleted> bloke dressed in ladies clothing started walking with us and asking/begging to come along on the piss with us - of course he/she had no money! we legged it out of there and went down to Silom for some normality !!!

haven't been back since and have no intention too....i'd rather walk around klong toey p1ssed at 3am in the morning....

Great post sanook2me! And I loved the one about doctor's chairs with leg holders :D

More of the same please! :)

That area is so bad!

In the 80es it was a mixture of backpackers, ex pats, night owls, b/gs etc. The Malaysia Hotel Coffee Shop was the place to go, if you weren't at Therme in the whee hours. I was in my twenties, stayed here and there, at some guest houses like Lek's Guesthouse 1 and 2, Boston Inn, a place to get sick for sure then, rented even an apartment at Sribhumpen Apt. Many people you met were exceptional. Can't say that I have bad memories, excpet watching a Farang get sliced by a furious Thai security in front of my eyes and the smell of a corpse of a dead b/g at the S.Apt.

More of the same please! :)

Careful sanook2me, I think birdman is falling for you, and the next thing u know, u will wake up one sat morning with a sore rear end and a bill under your hotel room door for 500 baht :D

The Soi 6 Crown Hotel has fan rooms on the top floor for 450 Baht - or at least it did a year or so ago.

Also, Suk 11 Guesthouse on Sukhumvit Soi 11 has rooms in that price range and is a nice, quirky, funkily decorated backpacker hangout. In a great location also, along one of Sukhumvit's best Sois in my opinion.

i'm in Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8 now, its 999/night if booked on the net but is worth every bhat. includes a great buffet breakfast and internet in the room, fridge, free tea/coffee, free drinking water, etc. add all the perks together and they must be worth 400 baht.

its not some cheesy knocking shop you'd find in Nana either, its a real, nice, clean, friendly hotel, best value in BKK for sure by my account.

by the way, it has a pool on the roof but didn't try it yet.

Edited by stevehaigh

i'm in Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8 now, its 999/night if booked on the net but is worth every bhat. includes a great buffet breakfast and internet in the room, fridge, free tea/coffee, free drinking water, etc. add all the perks together and they must be worth 400 baht.

its not some cheesy knocking shop you'd find in Nana either, its a real, nice, clean, friendly hotel, best value in BKK for sure by my account.

by the way, it has a pool on the roof but didn't try it yet.

That sounds very good. Any idea if a walk in booking is the same rate as the internet?

And one other essential thing, does it have a car park?

Unbeatable but known by few is Hotel 27 on Sukhumvitt soi 22.

350B/night with aircon and hot shower! Right in the middle of the street in a small alley on the left.

Old and rough looking, but clean with safe deposit box at the reception and 24 h room service.

You wont find any better for your money in the area...

For between 500 and 700, try the White Orchid Hotel. It's in the soi across from the seven eleven on

soi 1.(sorry for bad description). What I mean is its about 3 streets behind Nana plaza and more or less

across from Annie's DODO bar.

It is clean - unlike the places on the arabic side of Nana - quiet, and has a friendly

staff. It is where I first stayed as a tourist some 4 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I just returned from BKK and stayed at this place on the basis of reading this post. I can happily confirm that it is good value for money and we will stay there again. The buffet breakfast was sooo much better than the breakky in every other Thai budget hotel I have tried. The pool is small but doable. Sorry Soundman I meant to ask about parking - anyway I did not notice a driveway ... but perhaps you can park in soi 8 ... it is very quiet here.