Open Return From London To Bangkok?

Is such a ticket possible?

I am coming to Bangkok in August but not sure when I will be coming back to London.

It is cheaper to buy a return than two singles but as I do not know when I am coming back I cannot buy a standard return.

Could I get a return that would let me pick a date later on in the future for my return journey? If so would this be cheaper than two singles (£700-800).

Thanks.

I am coming to Bangkok in August but not sure when I will be coming back to London.

It is cheaper to buy a return than two singles but as I do not know when I am coming back I cannot buy a standard return.

Could I get a return that would let me pick a date later on in the future for my return journey? If so would this be cheaper than two singles (£700-800).

Thanks.

I would buy a 1 year return ticket with a return date that can be changed.

When booking set the return date 1 year from the outbound date, then when your ready to return call up the airline and bring the return date forward.

To change a return date sometimes is free or can cost upto £70. EVA I believe is free to change the return, Emirates is £70.

Emirates do an economy ticket at around £450, with a 2hr stop-over in Dubai.

Arran.

Edited by ArranP

I have one caution. I did this once quite a few years ago. I was a school administrator, and was in a situation where it was unclear when summer break for assistant principals would end, I wanted to maximize my stay in Thailand. So I booked an open return. Six weeks before the required return date I found there were no seats available that would get me back to work on time on Northwest Airlines. Major problem! I ended up having to book a flight on United that cost me a bundle. So, just beware if your return time is very specific.