Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Buying From The Kawasaki Dealer On Rama9

though I'd ask this in a new thread so it wasn't lost in my other thread!

I'm about to buy a d-tracker from the dealership on Rama 9. Probably Saturday as they are closed tomorrow apparently. I think I got through to the guy, but, when I go back and do the deed (paying cash) with all my paper work, will I be driving home on it? He said two weeks for the book and plates and he would give me an invoice to show the BIB (who were pulling LOADS of bikes on Ratchada today, including a Thai on a big Harley). If so I will get a taxi down. If not, I will drive.

Also, is it possible to get any sort of discount at the Kawaker dealership? Should I try to get any freebies like insurance/helmet/cup of coffee!

Thanks for all your help guys, you have been invaluable. :)

Hi Cromarty,

Cup of coffe, I think for sure (mmmmh maybe yes)... But more than that: NOTHING!

It is what I understand from Kwaker here. Lots of orders, so no freebies...

But better some bankokian boy gives you THE real thing!

IMHO, you are making a very good choice for the city. Even for some loops around...

Not a tarmac burner but a funny bike...

ENJOY, ENJOY!

Cheers,

Gobs

For more infos, if needed, try to go to

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycl...ailand-f32.html

A lot of things to know (maybe...)

Considering Kawasaki are offering the D-Tracker at a very low price for an officially imported bike with green book etc I would think asking for a discount is taking the p!ss somewhat. I would be happy that some of the big bike issues are finally being resolved by the manufacturers who have gone to great expense and hoop jumping to bring legal bikes in to Thailand. Your bike will be legal, I got stopped on mine just after I bought it and showed them all the paper work. No problems. Get the blokes phone number at Kawasaki incase the BiB get funny. Ride more, worry less.

• 4 weeks later...
Cromarty

I got a free helmet when i bought my KLX last october , try to talk with Khun Shane (seller)

Good ride ...

excellent tip, thanks KIFKIF :)

I hope I'll be riding it home tomorrow.

Did you get your bike? also helmet?

Cromarty

I got a free helmet when i bought my KLX last october , try to talk with Khun Shane (seller)

Good ride ...

excellent tip, thanks KIFKIF :)

I hope I'll be riding it home tomorrow.

Did you get your bike? also helmet?

bought a Ninja there last week - offered coffee - absolutely no freebies - not even a bag to put my documents in - 'Kawasaki policy sir'

bought a Ninja there last week - offered coffee - absolutely no freebies - not even a bag to put my documents in - 'Kawasaki policy sir'

That's Kawasaki Rama 9 in Bangkok? Funny- they've always been pretty generous with me. Free seat cowl and 5,000 Baht discount on my Ninjette. No freebies with the ER6n, but at 225K they're selling that bike dirt cheap and their margin must be slim so I can't fault them for not including any freebies. Did you know that as a Kawa Rama 9 customer you get 10% off on all parts? That's a nice freebie. :)

no, I didn't get a bean! I tried, but they were very nice and actually lent me a helmet as the parts shop was closed. In the end I just returned the helmet and didn't buy one as they are re-branded Real helmets and are nearly a grand more expensive.

I picked up my registration details on Monday, it took 3 weeks to get them. It is nice to be able to glide past BiB without a care in the world!

I also bought the de-restrictor from the guy in Chiang Mai and fitted it. I paid the money into his account a day before the news broke on the free option! DOH!!! But, it does make a huge difference, just revs freely across all gears as you would expect.

All in all a very happy camper. I want to sort out the tail as it looks ugly IMHO, but that's for another thread.

I owe a big thanks to the guys in my other thread, as I went with their suggestion of a D-tracker. It is a bit underpowered compared to what i am used to, but it is great in traffic and when you get a little stretch of open road. Would hate to tour on it if it was a long one, especially as the tank holds about 2 litres!!

I want to add and take away a few things, just need to find a farang friendly place that sells d-tracker bits now.

I owe a big thanks to the guys in my other thread, as I went with their suggestion of a D-tracker. It is a bit underpowered compared to what i am used to, but it is great in traffic and when you get a little stretch of open road. Would hate to tour on it if it was a long one, especially as the tank holds about 2 litres!!

I want to add and take away a few things, just need to find a farang friendly place that sells d-tracker bits now.

Hi Cromarty, i am just about to get a klx 250 as i live in the sticks and wondered how much you paid as there the same price as a d-tracker ?

im looking at 152,000baht!

lus all the water i can drink at the showroom! :)

oh ok i thought that the base price inc vat was 144,990b then about 2,000 for basic insurance rego etc. but if its gone up to 150,000 then its correct. I would seriously advise getting the 1st class insurance.

I haven't got my receipt here, but I think it is 144,000 plus tax, plus reg, plus 3rd party and it came in around 151,000. Definately no free helpmet for me!!! I didn't got for full insurance with them, I'm getting my own.

Hope that helps

ok mate. Did you know that Kawasaki do 2 different 1st class insurance. One for 7,500 and one for 13.500b

Insane price for a 150k bike.

I payed 11.800 baht for Honda VTX 1800 cc. 500k bike, covered 400k baht for bike, 5 mill 3rd party vehicle and 500k bail.

They inspected bike and took pictures.

Recommended by Ride Thailand, because they accept new parts to be used and dont bullshit about paying the bills.

Fortunately never need to use it

So Kata...........INFO please.

I m in Phuket and insurance docs in my other home in Hua Hin. Bike in Hua Hin too. Contact Ride Thailand, Sumon, to get a quote on kwaker. Sumon is the guy who organizes Phuket Bike week every year. Its supposed to cost not more than 3% of bike insuranse amount.

Hi Cromarty, i am just about to get a klx 250 as i live in the sticks and wondered how much you paid as there the same price as a d-tracker ?

im looking at 152,000baht!

lus all the water i can drink at the showroom! :)

HI REXNONG,

WHERE DO YOU RIDE AROUND BKK?