Learning Thai- Which Is The Best Language School?

tvaddict

Say somebody already speaks Thai to an intermediate level, having lived here a few years already but wants lots of practise to sort out longer sentence structures so they can actually get into thai conversations without too many problems plus it would be nice to learn to read and write.

What school would you recommend?

Some are very expensive and others all branding and no quality - so where would you go to get good quality at a good price.

Also, are there any that do an intensive course over say one month - maybe 3 hours per day 5 days per week?

There are schools in Bangkok that do this- for 7,000 B a month Mon-Fri 8am - 12 noon- in small classes of 3-8

Lastly, as teachers in the same school can go from excellent to poor- please mention the name of a teacher you recommned too if you have had a good one?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to MANY of the language schools in Pattaya.

If you're looking for everyday life conversation (like me) please don't waste your time with the other schools, Check out Pro Language on Pattaya Klang opposite Carrefour..

You should ask them about an intermediate class. Can you already read and write Thai? Because this is what they also teach from the beginning.

My Thai has improved DRAMATICALLY because of this school, plus the classes are so fun - that I have sometimes been in tears with laughing in class. :) I am studying with another girl from Japan who has only been here a few months and she can almost speak/read/write as much Thai as I can..

โชคดีคะ

I am studying with another girl from Japan who has only been here a few months and she can almost speak/read/write as much Thai as I can..

โชคดีคะ

Why is that Meg?

I thought you have been here for several years and have a Thai b/f.

I am studying with another girl from Japan who has only been here a few months and she can almost speak/read/write as much Thai as I can..

โชคดีคะ

Why is that Meg?

I thought you have been here for several years and have a Thai b/f.

I do... Never said I haven't?

Even though I have a Thai boyfriend, It doesn't mean that me an my boyfriend communicate in Thai though does it.

I know peoples who studed in pro language only 4 hours a week and after 7 months they can say how are you and how much. Main purpose of such schools (walen, pro and many others) to make ED visas and they do not care about studing. If you really want to study thai you must spent at least 80 hours a month in school and same time after school doing you homework. Best schools are located in Bangkok. Pattaya just a big village.

Edited by justbob