Have Non-imm 'o" Extensions - Now Changing Job

I am working voluntarily for a charity organisation and i have a non-immigrant 'O' visa. Actually, I am now on extensions with this visa and the latest extension is about to expire in June (which the charity will presumably extend again). I have now been offered a paid job eslewhere in Thailand. So, when I tell the charity organsiation they will cancel my non-imm O visa, and what do I do? Will I have to get a new non-imm B visa by leaving the country and coming back in again. Can this be done after one has already just had a non-imm 'o' visa, albeit on extensions? Thanks for advice.

On extension of stay for work the extension dies on the day you end the work. You should exit and obtain a tourist visa to tide you over until you can make application for a work permit for the new job. Once you have the work permit receipt in hand you can take that and company paperwork out to obtain the non immigrant B visa for employment, return and obtain the work permit and start work.

Going from visa to visa is no problem.

You are not on a visa you are on an extension of stay obtained at immigration.

I assume you already have a work permit for your volunteer work since that is the only way to get an extension.

The dharity does not extend or cancel anything it is done by immigration. I know what you mean but it is confusing.

You are responsible for cancelling your extension by going to immigration with a letter from the charity stating that you are no longer working with them.

If your new employer and the charity work together you will not have to leave the country.

You will be changing the reason for your extension of stay not a visa. As long as you have a permit to stay that was given due to having a non immigrant visa at the time you entered you can change the reason for your estension to any type that is allowed.

What needs to be done is for you to get a new work permit and then go to immigration on the date that the charity writes in the letter stating that you are no longer working with them and get a new extension with documentation supplied by your employer.

Appreciate the advice so far. 'Elsewhere' means Chiang Mai. The charity head office is based in Bnagkok as is my documenation at the BKK immigration. The other thing is that the possible job opening is 'possible' and at this stage, until I know for certain, I have not told the charity Foundation. Not sure of their reaction. Yes, I do have a work permit for the voluntary owrk and the non-O visa.

Your visa probably has already expired . You are now on an extension of stay.

Elsewhere is because of your work permit. Where was it issued? Becaue it normally would have to be cancelled to get a new one.

Where your extension was done should not matter. You new one will be done in Chiang Mai.

Hopefully the charity will cooperate and give you a letter that is post dated so that you have time to get your new work permit. If they were to issue two letters it would help. One for the work permit and one for the extension.