Krungsri Bank Problem

I'm having some problems with the kryngsri bank, I have a nationwide debit card and when I go to withdraw I'm waiting for my money then it defers me asks if I accept the new terms and conditions of the bank so I pressed yes, asked for my mobile number which I put in, then for my reference number which I thought was my pin number and put that in also, then it asks how much I would like so put in the amount and it seems as though all is going ok then it just goes back again to asking if I accept the terms what is my mobile etc, this is the only bank which doesnt charge me for withdrawals, is anyone else having this problem?

thankyou!x

asked for my mobile number

Seems very strange.

Why is Krungsri the only bank you can use ?

Is your card a CIRRUS/MASERCARD or A Visa debit card ?

Try to use Kasikorn ( Thai farmers bank ) or Government Savings Bank instead ( they are still not charging the 150 baht fee )

Or maybe you will have to go into the bank with your passport and get the money over the counter.

Edited by johng

thank you for your replies, yes its a visa. Am in Ko Tao at the moment and they dont hae a Kasikorn, do you think its to do with nationwide and I should get in touch with them or Kryngsri?

Thanksx

Dont want to worry the OP, but could this be a skimmer thats been fitted to the ATM, and all needed details have been given to whoever fitted the skimmer, and they could now run riot with the account?

I would be calling my card provider if i were OP. Better safe than sorry.

I would be looking for the contact phone number of Nationwide if i were you !!!!!

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

I'm having some problems with the kryngsri bank, I have a nationwide debit card and when I go to withdraw I'm waiting for my money then it defers me asks if I accept the new terms and conditions of the bank so I pressed yes, asked for my mobile number which I put in, then for my reference number which I thought was my pin number and put that in also, then it asks how much I would like so put in the amount and it seems as though all is going ok then it just goes back again to asking if I accept the terms what is my mobile etc, this is the only bank which doesnt charge me for withdrawals, is anyone else having this problem?

thankyou!x

Sounds definitely not like a skimmer, more an erroneous ATM program update to introduce the new fee.

thankyou!x

Sounds definitely not like a skimmer, more an erroneous ATM program update to introduce the new fee.

you or the ATM were probably drunk and tried the button for paying your mobile phone bill (reference number would be the bill number)

yes, you can do this in Thailand

no, you cannot as a tourist pay your British Vodafone bill at a Thai ATM

Edited by uhuh