20,000 Red Shirts Expected At Rally Today

george

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know the Police used Chinese tear gas?

Because the police said so. Or were those actually soldiers & PAD, dressed up as police, dear ? :)

Abhisit announced on tv a few hours after the soldiers shot at Din Daeng that there was no death caused by soldiers.

No investigation at that time. Announced by someone who was not on the spot. No interview of any reds. No any red tv or radio. And Pro-yellows said "Abhisit has done a great job to bring back order".

And up until now, all the evidence shows that Abhisit was right, about the soldiers not killing any of the rioters. :D

All about his "crime" is the conflict of interest. Why didn't they bring other cases which can be heavier to judge? All they could bring out is only the land case.

Sorry dear, I just can't believe you haven't seen this before, but there are several other cases in court, against Thaksin, awaiting trial which he is deliberately delaying by non-appearance. That's why.

Why do you always trot out the same untruth ? It makes you look like a well-educated foreign troll, working to a script, not the Thai housewife speaking faultless English you claim & I accept to be.

During that time, Khun Thaksin did not close yellow media because it was protected.

Revisionist claptrap yet again ! ! Thaksin did indeed close ASTV, and browbeat the print-media, with his infamous billion-baht law-suits, a fine example of how he showed that democracy really wasn't his aim. There were also the bombs, actual & threatened, against the offices of Manager-group.

Were you here in Thailand, when Thaksin was in power, Koo ? How can you then keep spouting this stuff, which you must know is not true ?

I would agree that, as long as they promise not to commit treason by inciting civil-war on the streets, the government should now allow DTV to re-open, if only to demonstrate that they're not as bad as Thaksin was.

Did the army apologize for shooting at the reds?

I think they apologized for every proven victim.

The total count is 0, right?

More than 100 were shot by soldiers and were sent to hospitals.

Please supply evidence or <deleted>.

Thaksin and his minions are nothing but two-faced deceiving "individuals". Seems the Puea Thai party is now crying to the UN asking for an investigation into the riots they started.

Puea Thai asks UN to probe riots

By: BangkokPost.comPublished: 13/05/2009 at 03:10 PM Representatives from the opposition Puea Thai party on Wednesday handed a letter to the United Nations, asking it to investigate the Songkran riots.

Puea Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit and his team presented video clips and photographs to UN officials, requesting the international organisation investigate the army's crackdown on red-shirt protesters last month.

Puea Thai MPs claimed the authorities abused their power in violation of human rights.

Mr Prompong claimed some people were still missing, but their families were too afraid to report it to police.

The party would gather more information and forward it to the UN later, he said.

source: Puea Thai Asks UN

This coming from the cloned TRT which refused the UN to allow an investigation into much more serious and provable crimes against humanity, Sure Thaksin refused the UN; his arse would have been in deep <deleted>. Two-faced!

This article is a few years old, but worth a read, especially those who make Thaksin to be angel is disguise. Humans Right Watch

"The steady erosion of respect for human rights in Thailand that has characterized Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's rule accelerated sharply in 2004. Thai security forces, increasingly able to act with impunity, engaged in brutal crackdowns against insurgents in the south and against alleged drug dealers and users."

"The government's war on drugs resulted in some 2,500 extrajudicial killings...The Prime Minister tried to restrict criticism by purging dissenting voices in the government bureaucracy and using government and private means to tighten control of the media."

"The lack of accountability for the counter-insurgency campaign in the south reflects the growing impunity of Thai security forces. On February 1, 2003, Thaksin launched a national campaign that treated drug offenders as threats to social and national security. Within three months, 2,275 alleged drug offenders had been shot dead in apparent extrajudicial executions. At this writing, no serious government investigation had been conducted into the deaths. On October 3, 2004, Thaksin announced a new phase of the anti-drug campaign, promising "brutal measures" against drug traffickers."

"Thailand's once-thriving human rights community has also faced government pressure and intimidation."

"(Ex) Prime Minister Thaksin...has used government and private channels to mute Thailand's once-vibrant media."

"...follow the government line and to punish those that do not. It uses the withdrawal or termination of operating licenses, or threats of such, to rein in critical private broadcasters"

"The government also has clamped down on freedom of assembly with regular reports of excessive use of force by police against critics of Thaksin's policies. On October 16, 2004, a 1,500-strong combined force of police and volunteer militias violently dispersed about one thousand protesting landless farmers rallying peacefully in Karbi province."

"...apparent effort to forge friendship with Burma's military government, Thaksin has abandoned Thailand's longstanding humanitarian stance toward Burmese refugees, threatening the security of hundreds of thousands of such refugees."

"Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's administration reached a new low in 2005 with killings in the south by security forces and insurgents and the introduction of draconian new security legislation..."

For anyone to say that he really loved and cared for anyone besides himself has not a clue. There is nothing democratic about Thaksin, except to those who feel buying votes to win an election is truly democratic.

Koo, what were the reds doing there attacking the summit in the first place? Do you think that is admirable? An international summit for peace and economic cooperation. Attacking Asean, you attacked Thailand. Please, not another, airport yellow excuse.

Was the 90 year old red shirted lady who attacked the conference venue in her wheelchair ever identified?

It was that image, together with that of poor diddums Kasit not wanting to get his tootsies wet, that render Thailand an international laughing stock in Asia. No wonder our leaders don't want to change their schedules to return there pronto.

Edited by Journalist

Please supply evidence or <deleted>.

What is <deleted>? Shave the feathers underarm?

I hope you don't misunderstand that more than 100 were dead.

A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page.

Koo, what were the reds doing there attacking the summit in the first place? Do you think that is admirable? An international summit for peace and economic cooperation. Attacking Asean, you attacked Thailand. Please, not another, airport yellow excuse.

Was the 90 year old red shirted lady who attacked the conference venue in her wheelchair ever identified?

It was that image, together with that of poor diddums Kasit not wanting to get his tootsies wet, that render Thailand an international laughing stock in Asia. No wonder our leaders don't want to change their schedules to return there pronto.

Is it the scene Journalist talked about?

Thailand-protests-Anti-go-009.jpg

Revisionist claptrap yet again ! ! Thaksin did indeed close ASTV, and browbeat the print-media, with his infamous billion-baht law-suits, a fine example of how he showed that democracy really wasn't his aim. There were also the bombs, actual & threatened, against the offices of Manager-group.

Were you here in Thailand, when Thaksin was in power, Koo ? How can you then keep spouting this stuff, which you must know is not true ?

I would agree that, as long as they promise not to commit treason by inciting civil-war on the streets, the government should now allow DTV to re-open, if only to demonstrate that they're not as bad as Thaksin was.

If I'm not wrong, ASTV was on after they knocked Khun Thaksin. I never watch so I don't know. But media was yellow when Khun Thaksin was Prime Minister. He could not control all media. I only know he had stocks with itv or something like that but the poor channel was forced to close if they can't pay a ridiculous fine.

Do you expect me to say I was not here when Khun Thaksin was Prime Minister and I only post after my brain was washed by the reds?

Khun Thaksin no way is bad. The reason people go against him is if he is here, they will lose their power for good. All they do including supporting the GH and airport closure is just to stop Khun Thaksin from coming back to be Prime Minister again.

Whether everything that is posted is true or not is of less importance than getting information out there. Gov'ts are known to minimize and lie. I don't know what the truth is, but there are two sides to every conflict. Thanks Koo.

Jingthing,

Do you know that the summit was supposed to be held last year and chaired by Khun Thaksin if they didn't knock him in 2006?

Jingthing,

Do you know that the summit was supposed to be held last year and chaired by Khun Thaksin if they didn't knock him in 2006?

And this is relevant to the violent attack on the Pattaya conference in April how exactly?

Jingthing,

Excuse me,but now is 2009 and your hero is a criminal fugitive!

Is it the scene Journalist talked about?

Thailand-protests-Anti-go-009.jpg

That image just can't be spun positively, can it !! It will haunt him for the entirety of his short (but pointless) political career.

Given that the rally is now well past and that this thread is just a rehash of at least 5 other threads, I think its time to close. The next rally will earn its own new thread

//CLOSED//