Places To Watch Champion's League Final

HightillDry

Hi,

I'll be heading to Chiang Mai City on 27th May.

Can anyone kindly recommend a place with good ambience?

Usually I watched @ Man Utd Cafe in BKK.

Yes I'm a Red Devil :D

It will be on at about 2am, which I'm sure you know, so that means a lot of places will be shut.

I am planning on staying open but there is a drawback. I support Liverpool. :) It is my home town so it's understandable.

If it's any consolation I am a bit unusual as regards to being a football fan. I support Liverpool but I don't hate Man Utd. I don't even hate Everton!! I can actually enjoy watching Ronaldo's trickery and Giggsy's jinking runs. Don't ask me, I can't explain it either. Maybe I've been here too long and I've adapted this tolerance thingy without really noticing? No, on second thoughts it isn't that!!

Believe it or not I have a Liverpool and Everton scarf on the wall side by side. To be honest though, that is because they are sad and bitter and I put it up to stop them whinginging. It does confuse a lot of people though.

If you want to know where my place is PM me. I wouldn't want to be seen to be advertising my own place. I won't mention the big screen and surround sound either.

If it's any consolation I am a bit unusual as regards to being a football fan. I support Liverpool but I don't hate Man Utd. I don't even hate Everton!!

then with respect, you're not a liverpool fan. you're a football follower.

Believe it or not I have a Liverpool and Everton scarf on the wall side by side. To be honest though, that is because they are sad and bitter and I put it up to stop them whinginging. It does confuse a lot of people though.

Don't worry, a lot of people who've been in Thailand too long become partial to swinging both ways. :)

So erm, yes, I think Red Lion pub would then be a good bet, as they're apparenlty open and footie-minded. Chances are they will have to shut the front door, so if you get there late, just knock.

Other than that you're looking at some of the bars that often stay open past closing time, but some of those will play music and not the match commentary..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If it's any consolation I am a bit unusual as regards to being a football fan. I support Liverpool but I don't hate Man Utd. I don't even hate Everton!!

then with respect, you're not a liverpool fan. you're a football follower.

As a lad, I stood on the famous Kop at every opportunity, and I now sit up til 5am watching them whenever they're on, so I may qualify as being little bit more than a football follower. I even managed to get photos of me with the players when they came to BKK in 2001. Probably more a case of  being a little bit more intelligent than the average football fan. Did I tell you that I went to the same school as Phil 'Big nose' Thommo? A Liverpool legend and a Kirkby lad, too.

Having lived in Thailand for a while I am used to 'respect' but it is nice to get some from a farang too. Thanks.

Anyone for Tennis? Ashtonite is joining us today - I hope he's going to show me some respect on the courts by at least letting me win some games.