Chiang Mai Is Dead!

chiangmaioldhand

From forum rules as recently revised:

8) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thanks for that, PeaceBlondie. Could you help a little, though, with interpretation? I'm not sure what 'specfics' means in this case. Has anything in this thread so far violated the rule?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rasseru, it is a newly revised rule; we are not sure.

The kindergarten term is pure hyperbole. I have 17 descendants, former youth minister, teacher in Thailand, etc. - but still, I'm no expert. Even in Pattaya, I think 15 is the lowest I've ever suspected. I have been offered lower by a middleman - I refused, of course. The long arm of the law is international now.

I agree that kindergarten is probably hyperbole, though it would be better if Paagai confirmed that himself.

As to the forum rule, I take this to mean that you cannot have a discussion from a customer/consumer/participant's point of view discussing the merits of certain places of prostitution, which particular women, which particular prices and so on. Clearly this forum is not the place for that.

Here I believe we are talking about one of Chiang Mai's social problems, specifically (underage) prostitution and possibly human trafficking and sexual abuse, and ways to identify it, and if at all possible prevent it or at the very least try to improve the situation for the better to whatever (limited) degree we can.

I'd MUCH rather have one distasteful discussion now, compared to possibly failing to identify cases of abuse due to not having enough information on what goes on around me.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Would the gays on this forum report an under age boy in boystown/or other gay areas.This should/must be disgusting to the gay community the same as the hetro community.

My 6 years in Pattaya and i wouldnt know were to go for underage boys/girls but certain areas of Pattaya and Jomtien are very sordid,and not realy classed as a good tourist area to go to..

I agree that kindergarten is probably hyperbole, though it would be better if Paagai confirmed that himself.

Yes, it's a tongue in cheek nickname not to be taken litteraly! PB's "Junior High" is probaby accurate though. Early teens up would be my estimate, hard to say and its not likely they'd show you any ID to proove or disproove this if anyone asked.

Would the gays on this forum report an under age boy in boystown/or other gay areas.This should/must be disgusting to the gay community the same as the hetro community.

Reporting a boy would be hard, not sure who you'd report them too, and could be dangerous, you might be misunderstood end up in a lot of trouble yourself TIT.

But, offenders can easily be reported:

www.hots-th.org/report.php this is the organisation that ran the "Stop the Child Sex trade" Campaign a year or two back.

poster1.jpg

My 6 years in Pattaya and i wouldnt know were to go for underage boys/girls but certain areas of Pattaya and Jomtien are very sordid,and not realy classed as a good tourist area to go to..

Never been to Pattaya but even I know Sunni Plaza has a reputation as the Pedo hangout.

There is just as much nasty stuff of all types: drugs, theft, child prostitution, etc, going on in other places in the world but the hypocrites try to say it's not happening. The Thais seem much more open about their sexuality and there isn't the same stigma about gays or transvestites.

There's a massive amount of hypocrisy about prostitution in Thailand, though!

Re underage prostitutes: I do believe, from reading & anecdotes, that the practice of supporting one's material desires/family/education through prostitution is becoming more and more common worldwide and also that it is happening at high school level, here and elsewhere. No need to point out the state of the economy ...

Also, I think that in Thailand, there's quite a high incidence of sexual abuse of young family members. I have no statistics, and cannot compare numerically with other countries, but this is certainly my belief. Family members may include "us" (foreigners) and this can occur quite easily in this particular culture (face, hierarchy, etc.). Read Phra Farang's book about the "temple boys".