Extending A Tourist Visa On Arrival.

I suspect you have a visa exempt entry not a VOA.

A VOA is only for those from certain countries and is only good for 15 days.

If it is a visa exempt entry you have a choice between a 7 day extension from immigration that requires you to show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days and costs 1900 baht or doing a border run and getting a 15 day entry.

If it is a visa exempt entry you have a choice between a 7 day extension from immigration that requires you to show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days and costs 1900 baht or doing a border run and getting a 15 day entry.

Yikes. These options aren't very appealing. If I do a visa run to Vianchang can I get a one month visa or even a couple months??? Thanks again.

Yikes. These options aren't very appealing. If I do a visa run to Vianchang can I get a one month visa or even a couple months??? Thanks again.

Do you mean Vientiane (Laos)? If so you could obtain a double entry tourist visa good for up to 6 months, but you will need to be there for a couple of days. I believe tourists visas are still free until 4th June.