Evaluate My "illustration"

The Vulcan

A fanciful scene with exaggerated color but not out of context.

A cliche scenario, waterfall, town, church steeple, but handled within the guideposts of the genre.

A tragic flaw here is the crossover of perspective values from right to left.

The right half of the picture exhibits a very traditional and correct perspective but somewhere in the middle the rules are thrown out and the left side exhibits a mish mash of perspective license resulting in a confused terrain where water remains level despite the climbing shoreline and the house has been squished by some unseen force.

It would have been better tohave seen the perspective distorted throughout rather than have the viewer shift between abstract and natural.

Well, it wasn't me that did all of that :D

I'm only the photographer!

Anyway, I seem to remember it sold for something like 5,000 ukps some 20+ years ago so whoever bought it must have been happy :D

Or was it a case of a fool and his money................ :)

In the past I was well into photographing paintings and works of art. Mainly for auctioneers catalogues.

Just scanned this old image in and rather like it

Nikon 35 Ti compact in panoramic mode - Provia slide film

Very crisp and it seems you held the colors (what every artist would bitch about to the nth degree to the photographer). Curious, did you light from both sides at 45 degrees to center or shoot outside under an overcast sky (which works great in a pinch for art)?

In the past I was well into photographing paintings and works of art. Mainly for auctioneers catalogues.

Just scanned this old image in and rather like it

Nikon 35 Ti compact in panoramic mode - Provia slide film

Very crisp and it seems you held the colors (what every artist would bitch about to the nth degree to the photographer). Curious, did you light from both sides at 45 degrees to center or shoot outside under an overcast sky (which works great in a pinch for art)?

Shot with available light from a window nearby. Fairly overcast if I remember. No artificial light used for sure.

Slightly under exposed the slide for the saturation.

Other than that, a straight scan from my new Minolta Multi Pro.