Red Shirts To Launch The Red Newspaper On May 29

george

Red shirts to launch The Red News paper on May 29

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirted movement will launch its "The Red News" newspaper on May 29, its leaders announced Friday.

The announcement was made by Wibul Chaemchuen, Somyos Prueksakasemsuk and Jaral Distha-apichai.

Wibul will become the managing editor of the newspaper.

Wibul said the paper will be a tabloid size with 18 to 24 pages. Initially, it will be published 50,000 copies.

The paper will also have its website: www.rednews.com.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-15

The Tabloids or Tabloid newspapers characterized by sensational or bizarre news stories

get their name from the tabloid size of the finished publication which is smaller than

the standard size of most newspapers in North America.

Jacci Howard Bear, About.com

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirted movement will launch its "The Red News" newspaper on May 29, its leaders announced Friday.

The announcement was made by Wibul Chaemchuen, Somyos Prueksakasemsuk and Jaral Distha-apichai.

Wibul said the paper will be a tabloid size with 18 to 24 pages. Initially, it will be published 50,000 copies.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-15

That web site address is in fact a blooper... :)

Edited by webfact

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/'>logo2.gif

As well he has made some famous real estate transactions too... :) The banner is good cover for a subversive gang.

OR...

Perhaps after finishes his purchase of Liberian diamond mines and Montenegrin islands, he's buying the website address from his fellow Texans for his Red Shirts to use...

:D

Edited by sriracha john

PM warns The Red News not instigate violence

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva Saturday warned The Red News, whichi is a new newspaper of the red-shirt movement, not to distort information to instigate rifts and violence.

Abhisit said anyone or any group can use its media as long as it will break the law.

He said if the newspaper presents distorted information, it will create damages to the country and violate the law.

The prime minister said the government did not harm the people but simply wanted to return the country to normality following the Songkran riots so the red-shirt movement should not try to use the issue to instigate more rifts.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-16

Good one, HagenvonTronje. :)

I have a dozen of red websites and have to follow them every night to know which websites are still working. Those websites were closed so the reds open new websites again and again.

the Songkran riots

Riots because they brought the tanks and soldiers with guns in?

CLASSIC Revisionist History :

'The riots weren't going on so the troops were brought out to quell them,

No NOW it's the Army caused the riots by trying to stop peaceful Red Shirt marches.'

Total claptrap.

Pure propaganda attempts at revision of history;

the losing side attempting to re-write what the world saw.

The winners have need no write history,

because independent cameras recorded the truth already.

Is blocking an intersection 1 day considered riot? If so the blocking of 2 airports must be super riot.

Tanks were seen. The reds took control at least 4 tanks and some army trucks. They took soldiers guns but sent all to Police.

If the reds had wanted riots, they would have used those guns to shoot soldiers the next day (13th April).

They thought the soldiers would come to clear the reds at GH so they tried to block soldiers at the Din Daeng. This was a mistake. Soldiers finally went to GH after more than 100 reds were injured. Other colors took the chance to bring gasoline trucks and buses in. And the killing at Nang Lerng...

Peua Thai set a 500,000 Baht prize to those who can catch the one who killed Nang Lerng people and did some other shootings. I'm surprised I have not heard that an investigation is carried on to arrest the murderers.

All scenes were set up. I still wonder why the reds could walk into the Ministry of Interior Affairs with no soldiers or police stopping them. I have no other choice but think Abhisit was not in his car. The previous day in Pattaya, he escaped in horror by helicopter. The reds said Abhisit was the first to fly up but I don't know.

I have a dozen of red websites and have to follow them every night to know which websites are still working. Those websites were closed so the reds open new websites again and again.

I wanted to post that I read red websites everyday so I know the rednews.com is not the red website. I never read The Nation and BP. I only click some times when I see the link here.

Maybe in the future I can quote from the red newspaper to post here :) to balance up.

I get the feeling that I am already reading the Red Tabloid. Like a B rated Hollywood film, I can predict the outcome of the perfectly set up script. EVERYTHING is set up...all props in place..."Lights, camera, action!" :)

Is blocking an intersection 1 day considered riot? If so the blocking of 2 airports must be super riot.

Tanks were seen. The reds took control at least 4 tanks and some army trucks. They took soldiers guns but sent all to Police.

If the reds had wanted riots, they would have used those guns to shoot soldiers the next day (13th April).

This is kind of what i was thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Oopsy...

Quite similar to the Peua Thai Party not being able to settle on a Party Leader and canceling its May 31 selection date to do so, the Red Shirts are now canceling their May 29 newspaper launch.

the Songkran riots

Riots because they brought the tanks and soldiers with guns in?

No, riots because they killed two people, threw molotov-cocktails at army-HQ, threatened to blow-up gas-tankers, burned buses & drove them at soldiers, etc etc etc ....

Cue amusing post claiming that this was done by imposters, soldiers or PAD-supporters wearing red-shirts, because all Red-Shirts are totally peaceful, despite DL's repeated attempts to incite war on the streets. :)

All scenes were set up. I still wonder why the reds could walk into the Ministry of Interior Affairs with no soldiers or police stopping them. I have no other choice but think Abhisit was not in his car. The previous day in Pattaya, he escaped in horror by helicopter. The reds said Abhisit was the first to fly up but I don't know.

You are hilarious....pop another beer and roll another blunt, it's going to be a loooong day for you!

Koo, and the Hagen bloke, seem to have lost the plot. There is nothing wrong with the government warning a newspaper which represents a group well known for making up stories, creating misleading propaganda, not to mention instigating violence, not to publish such things. What is wrong with that? Calm down guys.

You are hilarious....pop another beer and roll another blunt, it's going to be a loooong day for you!

You missed the best of it...

/edit - Hope the rag is in English. Could provide some excellent material for

. Edited by Insight

Red News rejects Thaksin's 'provocative' article

An article written by fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has been rejected by The Red News after the editorial team found the content too provocative and not suitable for publication in Thailand, a source said yesterday.

The Red News' June 5 edition, the premiere issue of the paper, will not include Thaksin's article as the publication had earlier boasted.

A source from Foundation 111 said the editorial team received his article within the deadline, but the content was believed too provocative and likely to bring political repercussions if circulated.

The editorial team decided to fill the space with an article by outspoken politician Jakrapob Penkair instead.

Somyos Prueksa, a leader of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship and editor of The Red News said this first issue of the paper had been printed and would hit news-stands across the country today.

Focus of the paper is local and national politics, including pictures and information about rallies staged by the red shirts.

The paper also promotes Jakrapob - who is another DAAD leader - as its leading columnist.

Somyos said a red-shirts' rally to be held on June 21-24 at Sanam Luang is entitled "Bring back full-fledged democracy, resurrect the Thai National Day on June 24.''

The rally is aimed at instilling nationalism and reviving the importance of June 24, 1932 as a national day - when the country's ruling system changed to democracy, he said. The Sarit Thanarat government had earlier changed the national day from June 24 to December 5.

The rally will also be an overture to the launching of the red-shirts' new show, "Truth Today'' on Saturday, June 27.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-05

1244202948.jpg

Thaksin supporters launch tabloid newspaper

BANGKOK, June 5 (TNA) – Supporters of ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra or the so-called red shirt group launched the first edition of a tabloid newspaper tagged “The Red News” on Friday.

The newspaper was published just less than two months after red-clad protesters stormed a summit of Asian leaders in the eastern seaside resort of Pattaya, forcing the meeting to be cancelled. The protestors then fought street battles with security forces in the capital.

PM's Office Minister Sathit Wongnongtoey said the government was concerned about the launch of the newspaper which hit newsstands on Friday.

Thailand's tourism, trade and foreign investment remain affected by the unruly protest in Pattaya led by the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), and forcing the cancellation of the ASEAN summit. Ensuing riots which paralysed many parts of Bangkok, prompted the government to declare a state of emergency during the Thai New Year holiday, he said.

“Print media should realise their social responsibility rather than serving as a tool (of any side) that can lead to more violent conflict,” Mr. Sathit said.

The government will closely monitor the content of the Red News, because the April violence was a lesson that (the government) must guard against any recurrence.

The first edition of the Red News featured an exclusive interview with UDD core leader Jakrapob Penkair, a former minister to the Prime Minister’s Office during Thaksin's administration.

Jakrapob remains at large after an arrest warrant was issued for him along with other UDD leaders following their leading role in the anti-government violence and street protests in the capital during the Thai New Year holiday in April.

In an exclusive interview with the paper, Jakrapob defended his flight, saying the military crackdown prompted him to flee only to further direct the red-clad fight for their common course in a 'safe zone'.

In the interview he talks about his 35-hour escape through military checkpoints before reaching a safe haven. He said he was not far away from home where he could keep abreast of the news in Thailand, but refused to disclose his whereabouts.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-06-05

So the reds "distanced" themselves from Thaksin by refusing to print his article but chose to provide stage for a <deleted> who called for armed struggle against Thai state?

That's a moron's destiny - no matter what you do, it will always be wrong.

Interesting how they start by censoring their leader. Shame really. It would have been nice to know what Thaksin was saying/thinking but it seems censorship of him isnt something that red news can any longer accuse only others of doing!

Interesrting to see the red shirts taking a more overt nationalist line. They become more nationalistic as yellow become more egalitarian. One day they'll end up meeting in the middle at this rate! The nationalism though is no real surprise as TRT were in their hey day probably the party that pandered to nationalism the most and have since dabbled in extreme versions of it particularly on state religion which seems to be something that even the bureacracy want to avoid.