Holiday ideas

Blackandwhite

I will be in BK with my wife (thai) our daughter ( two years old ) and two freinds of ours all open minded to all you might see in LOS.

I have looked through me Lonely Planets Book so many time but I am still unsure where we would all enjoy. I dont want to spend 10 days with a load of other English and Germans you know other farang. Dragging BG's in and out of bars. We can cope with a little bit Eg: We have enjoyed Hua Hin  before good and close to some nice places and quick taxi from BK. We would like somewhere with a beach area. And night markets ect.

Maybe one of the Islands ?

Rinrada I could do with some of your great imput you regularly seam to give Please.

Any ideas would be good

Markt beat me 2 it.

I was going to suggest Bang Saen as well.from bangers if your are driving you can take the old Suk.rd road and check out the almost Thai only resorts near the old navy base just outside of Bampoo.From there keep going or double back up and over onto the bangna trat rd and head down to Chonburi /Si Racha and then take a right turn by the University of the Sea and go to the far end of Bang Saen wher the following 2 hotels are located.

The Bangsaen Beach Resort>>

http://www.res24.net/phukethotel.com/patta...ngsaen/details/

The Private resort for you and your family

Bangsaen Beach Resort still reserves the traditional Thai charm as well as the nearby beauty of Bangsaen Beach.  The hotel possesses a park of 180 rai with all conveniences, comforts, and facilities.  There are different styles and sizes of bungalows on the beach, and rooms with electric fans or clean, modern air-conditioners.  A twenty-four hour guard service is provided around the bungalows.  Refresh and enjoy yourself among the flowers and plants of the botanic gardens.  Green grass and roomy terraces near the swimming pool are available for banquets

or>

S.S.Bangsaen Beach>

http://www.res24.net/phukethotel.com/patta...ngsaen/details/

An outstanding seaside hotel surrounded by beautiful scenery.  Of nature equipped with modern rooms and other convenient facilities.

Theres quite a few new places springing and a lot of improvements since I first went there about 10 years ago.

Round the bend at the big roundabout you will find some great seafood restaurants on the water beside the new pier.

Its also handy for Pat-Jom-Si-rach-Choni and if you like boats Laem Cha-ban.

:cool:

Koh Samet was good last time I went. No car over there though, you have to leave it parked up in Ban Phe.

Koh Chang's well worth it, good beaches, mountain scenery etc. much further away though. You can take the car over too. I visit Koh Chang for a 'break' every 3 months, do the visa run at the same time.

Southern Thailand can be divided in:

the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman coast.

Gulf of Thailand

Southern Thailand can be divided in:

the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman coast.

Gulf of Thailand

Following the coast of the Gulf, you pass through:

-Phetchaburi a beautiful town with many wats and caves

-Hua Hin Thailand's oldest beach resort

-Prachuap Khiri Khan almost the opposite of Hua Hin.

With the boat you can visit the famous island of Ko Samui

and the surrounding Ang Thong National Marine Park

On the opposite side of this Gulf is the beautiful and rather unspoiled island of Ko Chang

The Andaman coast

Here you can enjoy the magnificent karst landscape and islands around Krabi.

Following the coast of the Gulf, you pass through:

-Phetchaburi a beautiful town with many wats and caves

-Hua Hin Thailand's oldest beach resort

-Prachuap Khiri Khan almost the opposite of Hua Hin.

With the boat you can visit the famous island of Ko Samui

and the surrounding Ang Thong National Marine Park

On the opposite side of this Gulf is the beautiful and rather unspoiled island of Ko Chang

The Andaman coast

Here you can enjoy the magnificent karst landscape and islands around Krabi.

couple of pictures....

http://www.xs4all.nl/~devadeep/gulf_of_thailand.html

• 1 year later...
Koh Chang's well worth it, good beaches, mountain scenery etc. much further away though. You can take the car over too. I visit Koh Chang for a 'break' every 3 months, do the visa run at the same time.</font>

You can take the car to ko Chang? Is this correct? You mean by car ferry? Is it advisable?

• 2 weeks later...

If you've got a Car You'll really get the best out of Koh Chang. Transport in the evenings and around the East side is sketchy or non existent unless you hire a Songthaw for the day.

With your own vehicle you can easily get to waterfalls etc and the excellent Fish restaurant at Salak Pet.