How To Sell My Scooter

Scozanon

There may be some Thai people who can do this service for you, I'd ask an insurance place first.

BUT, when i bought mine, both buyer and seller go to the big Dept. of Transportation in Phuket town (not far from Immigration)

and have the bike book, passports, all necessary paperwork with you and it can be done in a few hours.

There may be some Thai people who can do this service for you, I'd ask an insurance place first.

BUT, when i bought mine, both buyer and seller go to the big Dept. of Transportation in Phuket town (not far from Immigration)

and have the bike book, passports, all necessary paperwork with you and it can be done in a few hours.

Thanks for your help. :)

Look in the motoring or bikes forums..

Passport copy.. Page with current visa stamp and back page..

Sign the power of attorney..

Sign the tx documents..

Buyer needs the same plus a cert of residence (from immigration, embassy, work permit, or yellow house book)

And please remember to bring the bike as well, since they will check that the chassis-number on the bike is the same as in the green book. Nowadays it's not many that buys bikes and cars, so the transfer is done within an hoour or so, not half a day like two years ago...

And please remember to bring the bike as well, since they will check that the chassis-number on the bike is the same as in the green book. Nowadays it's not many that buys bikes and cars, so the transfer is done within an hoour or so, not half a day like two years ago...

I had a lot of sour dealings with them in Dec through to Feb.. They were packed.. A big backlog of getting books..

I had a lot of sour dealings with them in Dec through to Feb.. They were packed.. A big backlog of getting books..

I had no problems when i changed owner on one bike in February, and on two in March. No que either at the counter or for technical inspection. Last year had to wait more than one hour both places. But you still have to wait one week to get the green book in the new owners name.

I had no problems when i changed owner on one bike in February, and on two in March. No que either at the counter or for technical inspection. Last year had to wait more than one hour both places. But you still have to wait one week to get the green book in the new owners name.

OK so a week to get the books.. A few years back the books would be the next day on the afternoon.. So that was my reference..

Also the current problems with the DMV are big bike related.. Lots more I can say on that issue but corruption, ignorance to the actual law / rules, and general hassle are sadly the current norm.