Help With Finding Restaurant

piercefilmlid

Can anyone assist with the location of a restaurant (if it is still going).

A friend took me to this place one dark night a couple of years ago, but I am no longer in contact with her.

It is called something like "Phuket Prawn BBQ" and I think it is off Canal Road in Chet Yot area. It is the sort of place where you select your fish and grill it yourself on the table.

I cannot find it now and have drawn a blank with all friends.

Any clues appreciated. Thanks

Edited by piercefilmlid

There's one off the canal road that I thought was called "Phuket Seafood", but I'm not sure. Might be the same. Excellent seafood and live band, but VERY expensive for Thai food, IMO.

From Huay Kaew Road, turn north onto the canal road. After you cross the canal and it is now running along the left hand side of the road, turn left on the 2nd or 3rd bridge (sorry not sure which one). Phuket Seafood is on the left. I'm not sure that it has an English sign, maybe Thai only. There are large fish tanks at the front door with live shrimp, etc., inside.

Sorry my directions are a little rough, it's just off the top of my head.

There's one off the canal road that I thought was called "Phuket Seafood", but I'm not sure. Might be the same. Excellent seafood and live band, but VERY expensive for Thai food, IMO.

From Huay Kaew Road, turn north onto the canal road. After you cross the canal and it is now running along the left hand side of the road, turn left on the 2nd or 3rd bridge (sorry not sure which one). Phuket Seafood is on the left. I'm not sure that it has an English sign, maybe Thai only. There are large fish tanks at the front door with live shrimp, etc., inside.

Sorry my directions are a little rough, it's just off the top of my head.

Many thanks, I will check it out.

Regards

Mark

Phuket Seafood is tasty and expensive but it's not a grill it yourself kind of place. Your directions are ok, but I'm fairly sure the sign is in Thai only. It's easy to find though if you remember to turn left at the first traffic light after you get onto the canal road from Huay Kaew. Once you cross the canal it's the right on the corner on the left.

So, is it really expensive even for seafood, or is this just a case of someone not understanding that seafood is a more expensive type of Thai food than khao phad kai?

No offense to anyone above, but given the general level out there among Chiang Mai Farangs these days, one has to ask & confirm.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

At 200-300+ baht for a fish it's not outlandish by any means but I still think it's on the expensive side compared to similar, nearby restaurants. But the few times I've eaten there the food has been great - fresh ingredients and very well prepared.

At 200-300+ baht for a fish it's not outlandish by any means but I still think it's on the expensive side compared to similar, nearby restaurants. But the few times I've eaten there the food has been great - fresh ingredients and very well prepared.

Urm.. what kind of fish? It makes a difference. :) (I indeed have friends who honestly don't see the difference between a Thab Thim CP fish and something actually from the sea. It's kind of a waste taking them to a seafood restaurant)

• 2 weeks later...

There is one of those big Thai places where you cook your own food at the table just outside the moat at the north east corner. I've mentioned that place before on other threads. Besides, beef, pork and chicken I do know they have large shrimp that you can cook yourself at the table. A complete meal will cost less than 150 baht.