Where Is The Best Ground Beef In Chiang Mai?

mnbcm

Sure you can add pork, beef or both to meatloaf or hamburgers. Hamburgers with some pork are good, not Kosher, but good.

Northern Farm is also the supplier to Mike's Burger.

I think I would check where Dave at dukes gets his if he in fact buys them. He may make them himself. If he makes them himself you may be able tio purchase some from him,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern farms is the best place for meat hands down.

Used to be, Rimping now selling better cuts at close to the same price (Thai-French / Rimping beef).

And NF smells like something died in there and nobody has found the body / carcass yet.

Still good burgers there though.

Edited by DaamNaam

Yeah, I have to agree NF has gone downhill...

Many moons ago I've been in late afternoon around 5 PM and seen the butchers do the cleaning ritual, bleach solution, scrubbing the floor with bristle brooms, etc.

I haven't seen this in awhile.

I suspect they got a new (lazy) crew in, who are not as diligent.

Still buy the frozen large sized hamburger patties there, as well as NZ Mainland Vintage cheddar cheese, at the best price in town.

And the Danish blue cheese is cheaper there as well.

Sad to see this (formerly) excellent source of quality beef go to <deleted>.....

Give the butcher shop just before the Phucome Hotel headed north on Canal Road a try. (Look for a small outdoor cafe.) They can grind up top or bottom round and it is quite good although not cheap. My only "beef" with them is that they grind it up a bit too fine. It can be quite lean so chopping up a slice or two of bacon and mixing it in works well. Thanks to Junglechef for turning me on to this place.

• Like 1

Give the butcher shop just before the Phucome Hotel headed north on Canal Road a try. (Look for a small outdoor cafe.) They can grind up top or bottom round and it is quite good although not cheap. My only "beef" with them is that they grind it up a bit too fine. It can be quite lean so chopping up a slice or two of bacon and mixing it in works well. Thanks to Junglechef for turning me on to this place.

Yeah, that's Thai-French.

Went in once and wasn't impressed by the sleepy indolent sevice, and the prices seemed high.

But that was ages ago, before NF jacked their prices up almost 100% for prime cuts like rib eye.

Thanks for the reminder T_Dog, will go back to Thai-French and check it out. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, that's Thai-French.

Went in once and wasn't impressed by the sleepy indolent sevice, and the prices seemed high.

But that was ages ago, before NF jacked their prices up almost 100% for prime cuts like rib eye.

Thanks for the reminder T_Dog, will go back to Thai-French and check it out. thumbsup.gif

Service there is odd. We have to wait 30 minutes or more to have them slice off the meat and grind it. Don't know why it takes that long, but they do provide it in vacuum packed bags in smaller portions if you ask so you only thaw what you need.