Samut Sakhon Immigration Office

Does anyone know where the Samut Sakhon immigration office is? Apparently I have to start going there instead of Suan Phlu.

I have an address from the Immigration Department website (Tapong Rd, Samut Sakhon) but it does not seem to be on the Google Maps of immigration offices. Any additional information would be appreciated.

The immigration website (http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=central) gives the following address:

1092/100 Akechai road, Amphoe Muang,

Changwat Samut Sakhon 74000

Phone: 0-3482-0739

1092/100 ถ.เอกชัย

ต.มหาชัย อ.เมือง

For “Akechai”, read “Ekachai”, which is Highway No. 3242. Google Maps does not give the house number and it’s a long road. If you can later give me the exact location I would like to put it on the ThaiVisa map.

--

Maestro

The immigration website (http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=central) gives the following address:

1092/100 Akechai road, Amphoe Muang,

Changwat Samut Sakhon 74000

Phone: 0-3482-0739

1092/100 ถ.เอกชัย

ต.มหาชัย อ.เมือง

For "Akechai", read "Ekachai", which is Highway No. 3242. Google Maps does not give the house number and it's a long road. If you can later give me the exact location I would like to put it on the ThaiVisa map.

--

Maestro

That's bizarre. When I go to the immigration website

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=central

I get a different address and phone number. I can see the URLs are different and yours, presumably, is the correct site.

I think I'll get my wife to phone both numbers before I get in the car.

I will tell you where it is if I eventually find it, as I am sure I will eventually.

Thats the old address on the website they moved 2 years ago!

if you go passed Ekkachai hospital on your right as you travel into the town. there is a weird junction about 300mtres along the road,stay in the left lane and you will see a blue sign set low on the junction island (middle of the road). turn left and the office is about 400metres on the right (last office in the row of shop house's)

If you have gps i also have the GPS coordinate's will put them up later

Allan

Thats the old address on the website they moved 2 years ago!

So why didn't they put up a redirect to stop people like me picking up the old website from search engines? Don't bother to answer, it's a rhetorical question.

Thanks for the info, that's most helpful. I don't have GPS but I guess the coordinates might be useful to others.

Thanks once again.

That is the current web site - they are working on a new one.

....... And while they are doing this they have stopped updating the addresses on the current site. Meanwhile both old and new sites are accessible.

I am not going to say anything more on this. I wouldn't like this country so much if it was organised, it would be boring - like Singapore.

Thanks for all your help, I am confident I can find the place now.

• 3 months later...
Samut Sakhon immigration office on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...2b15b25320b12e2

GPS Coordinates: 13.555889,100.275291

--

Maestro

Thanks for the quick response and the coordinates. Is that the same location as was described by 'thaicbr'?

if you go passed Ekkachai hospital on your right as you travel into the town. there is a weird junction about 300mtres along the road,stay in the left lane and you will see a blue sign set low on the junction island (middle of the road). turn left and the office is about 400metres on the right (last office in the row of shop house's)

• 4 months later...

Today I went to the location discussed above and found the doors chained. They moved a few months ago.

I've attached a Google Earth kmz file for the new office location, which is on Ekachai just NE of Wat Poe Chae.

And here it is in Google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&...005681&z=18

You do need to turn into the soi to get to the parking lot. The small parking lot was not there when the satellite picture in Google was taken.

Samut_Sakhon_Immigration_Office.kmz

post-22249-1265262412_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262542_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262575_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262604_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262672_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262700_thumb.jpg

post-22249-1265262723_thumb.jpg

...I've attached a Google Earth kmz file for the new office location, which is on Ekachai just NE of Wat Poe Chae...

Thank you very much, Monkey Fish. It is posts like yours that help me keep my map uptodate for the benefit of ThaiVisa members. I’ve moved my placemark to the new location. Please check if I got it right:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...2b15b25320b12e2

Now, if I can get confirmation of the postal address of the new location I will add that one also to my placemark on Google maps. The latest information I have from a list of the Immigration Bureau is dated November 2009 and I wonder if this is the new address:

17 หมู่ที่ 3 ถ.เอกชัย-บางบอน ต.บางน้ำจืด อ.เมือง จ.สมุทรสาคร 74000

17 Mu 3, Ekkachai-Bangbon Rd, Tambon Bang Nam Chuet, Amphoe Muang, Samut Sakhon 74000

The fact that the offices phone number has changed to 0-3486-7666 would seem to indicate that it is the new address. Is there a house number for the building, or is just 17 Mu 3, the upcountry address style?

--

Maestro

Thank you very much, Monkey Fish. It is posts like yours that help me keep my map uptodate for the benefit of ThaiVisa members. I’ve moved my placemark to the new location. Please check if I got it right:

That's the right spot. The address you have seems likely, but I can't confirm that.