Insect Exterminator Needed

patsfangr

We have a large nest of large, aggressive wasps in our yard. I need to find someone in the local area (east end of Nernplubwarn) who specializes in destruction and disposal of these dangerous insects. Any recommendations, with location and/or contact information, will be much appreciated!

We have a large nest of large, aggressive wasps in our yard. I need to find someone in the local area (east end of Nernplubwarn) who specializes in destruction and disposal of these dangerous insects. Any recommendations, with location and/or contact information, will be much appreciated!

Nobody has any experience dealing with a similar situation here?

George, a friend in my village had the same problem, it was dealt with by the security. I think they set fire to the nest.

Try your security guards first, they'll probably know someone who can help.

Thanks, but I live in a private, single home property; not a village. Still, I may try to ask some local villages, or restaurants with garden property, if they have some ideas. I'd hesitate to use fire, since the nest is in a hedge that's only inches from the house. I can spray it, through a screened wall of the front patio, where I'm protected from attack. I may buy a very strong insecticide, and try that. (These things are black, with a broad yellow band around the middle; and about the size of an F-18! I do NOT want to be exposed to them; especially after pissing them off!)

Fire is still the best, but you of course don't want to burn your house down. Put a petrol-doused cloth on a long pole and fry them, as the wings will burn immediately they will be unable to attack. Have a fire extinguisher handy. Whatever you do, do it at night when they are resting; gives you extra time.

Ideally, you would manage to live with them; they eat a lot of insects and grubs that are harmful to your garden.

The job is done; safely and completely. This is the guy who did the job for me: http://www.bio-pest-control.com/. It was a 2-stage process. He and his crew came and sprayed it on Saturday morning. They returned today, and removed the abandoned nest. He uses a chemical that is safe to humans and pets. It kills only cold blooded creatures. He charged me 1100 Thb. I wasn't unhappy with that; though it's likely you could find a cheaper Thai owned place to do it. I liked dealing with an intelligent, straight forward farang.

As you can see, this was a "4-story nursery". I wonder how many of the nasty critters would have been produced, if I hadn't called in the biological warfare team?!

post-20061-1243245268_thumb.jpgpost-20061-1243245280_thumb.jpg

Edited by patsfangr

By the way, I inserted the photos using the method described by a helpful poster some time ago. In case you forget how to do it, as I did, here's the process:

Using Add This Attachment (look at the bottom of the edit window - scroll if necessary - below the Post Icon Smilies).

When ready to insert photos, first post the text message. Then click on 'Edit'. You'll see the photo option blocks near the bottom.

1. Click on the Browse...button to select the image on you hard drive

2. Click on Add This Attachment, and UPLOAD it.

3. When the edit page has reloaded, place your curser where you want the picture to appear, click on Add into Post

Good move, I was convinced to leave a nest in my garden, I did until 19 bites and 24 hours in hospital later, then they were removed. (Girlfriend used swimming pool pole, a rag & gasoline and burnt them out!)

The job is done; safely and completely. This is the guy who did the job for me: http://www.bio-pest-control.com/. It was a 2-stage process. He and his crew came and sprayed it on Saturday morning. They returned today, and removed the abandoned nest. He uses a chemical that is safe to humans and pets. It kills only cold blooded creatures. He charged me 1100 Thb. I wasn't unhappy with that; though it's likely you could find a cheaper Thai owned place to do it. I liked dealing with an intelligent, straight forward farang.

As you can see, this was a "4-story nursery". I wonder how many of the nasty critters would have been produced, if I hadn't called in the biological warfare team?!

post-20061-1243245268_thumb.jpgpost-20061-1243245280_thumb.jpg

Well done George.

Seems like even the wasps in Pattaya like high-rise condos :)

That wasp-condo was huge...seems like it would be easy to spot them building it in its early stages during a garden walk-about...would be much easier to deal at that stage.

Well done George.

Seems like even the wasps in Pattaya like high-rise condos :)

That wasp-condo was huge...seems like it would be easy to spot them building it in its early stages during a garden walk-about...would be much easier to deal at that stage.

These were actually hornets, not wasps, John. The hedge in which they had built this thing is in an area that I don't walk very often. My wife saw it early. She told me about it when it was about the size of a softball. I thought about it for a couple of days, and, by then, it was huge. These had to be immigrant hornets; because I've never seen anything Thai work that hard and fast! :D

Probably illegal immigrants from Cambodia...or Mexico.

PS:

I've always used the burning torch approach in the past. Works like a charm but be prepared to run for your life.

Actually, Chuck, the spray method also includes the "run for your life" tactic! What helped here is that the nest was located within a few inches of the side of my house, just behind the end of my screened patio. Ed, the exterminator, walked slowly to nest outside, and gave it one fast squirt into the entrance. He then ran for his life around to the front, and into the screened patio. From inside the screen, he then sprayed a large amount of his chemical (safe to all warm blooded creatures, by the way), onto and into the nest from there.

He told me that it sometimes takes more than one treatment, because it's usually not possible to get enough chemical into the nest with one attempt; due to the ensuing attack by the hornets. In this case, one treatment did it. There was no return to the nest later, as often happens. It was completely deserted, and safe to remove, when he returned on Monday; and actually could have been taken away just a few hours after that treatment, had Ed been able to return.