Fee Free Atms In Jomtien (or Pattaya)

martin.agren

UOB is still free and today i discovered that its the Thai ATM with the biggest payout in one hit too.

most ATMs seem to pay out 20 notes so you can get 20,000

Bangkok Bank pays out 25 notes so you can get 25,000

i thought that was the most that was available and i had never asked an ATM for more

until today.....

UOB will pay out 30 notes in one go so you can get 30,000 each time

(if your home bank allows that level of withdrawal in one day)

What does UOB stand for and where can I find an ATM?

As it happens I can answer both queries. After daily bowling Sunday at The Avenue I went downstairs and used the UOB (United Oversea Bank} ATM as you enter Villa Supermarket and was able to draw 25,000 baht with no fee charge. :)

Thanks very much. That's a convenient location for me.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returned to pattaya after a long time away and was shocked to see this charge, all it does is encourage/force people to withdraw and carry larger amounts of money around, this must be a greater risk for muggings etc

Tourist trade down and Thailand makes it even more difficult. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of you who live the North Pattya Road end of Third Road, you can visit Government Housing Bank.

Address : 8/51 Moo 6, North Pattaya Road Tambon Naklua, Amphoe Bang Lamung Chon Buri 20150

Open : Mon. - Fri.

Phone : (038) 370501-2,427671-3

Government Savings Bank ( GSB ) is still fee-free

( From a Pattaya newspaper article )

A new branch of the Government Savings Bank opened August 21 in the Central Festival mall in Pattaya.

The new branch has extended business hours, and the services include money deposits and withdrawals, loans, online payments, a 24 hour ATM, and currency exchange. The bank will be open daily, from 11am to 8pm (20:00 hrs)

The policy of the Government Saving Bank is to facilitate money transactions for the local people, the government and private sectors.

While studying in England, King Rama VI took the opportunity to see how English savings banks accumulated money for the government's use. On his accession to the throne, the king expressed his intention of establishing a savings bank in Thailand.

The bank was founded in 1913 with the name Klang Omsin. Initially under the Finance Ministry, it has undergone many changes during the course of Thai history, and finally became the Government Savings Bank, or Thanakha Omsin, in 1991.

Government Savings Bank ( GSB ) is still fee-free

( From a Pattaya newspaper article )

A new branch of the Government Savings Bank opened August 21 in the Central Festival mall in Pattaya.

The new branch has extended business hours, and the services include money deposits and withdrawals, loans, online payments, a 24 hour ATM, and currency exchange. The bank will be open daily, from 11am to 8pm (20:00 hrs)

The GSB no longer accepts cash withdrawals with VISA credit/debit cards.

When you attempt the transaction it always fails.

Syd, I don't think that's correct... I did a cash withdrawal from a GSB ATM in BKK on Monday...same as always.... no fee and accepted Visa debit card just fine.

As we've heard reported before, however, it seems GSB does have problems from time to time in maintaining their ATM network and/or keeping their machines stocked with cash... particularly in and about Pattaya, it has seemed.

However, those have always been localized and temporary problems relating to individual machines -- not because GSB has changed their policy about accepted cards or about not charging the 150 baht fee.

I should clarify... I use U.S. bank VISA debit cards in accessing GSB ATMs. In addition to bearing the VISA logo, those cards have the PLUS and Interlink logos on the back...

I'm assuming the Nationwide card you're referring to is a British card... Is it possible it has the Cirrus/Maestro logos (which are the MasterCard network) on the reverse, instead of the PLUS logo??? If so, that might be why Nationwide cards are having difficulty, but other VISA cards work in GSB ATMs???

Syd, I don't think that's correct... I did a cash withdrawal from a GSB ATM in BKK on Monday...same as always.... no fee and accepted Visa debit card just fine.

As we've heard reported before, however, it seems GSB does have problems from time to time in maintaining their ATM network and/or keeping their machines stocked with cash... particularly in and about Pattaya, it has seemed.

However, those have always been localized and temporary problems relating to individual machines -- not because GSB has changed their policy about accepted cards or about not charging the 150 baht fee.

Thanks for the update. I will give GSB another go.

As far as I know, there are just four GSB ATM's in Pattaya: New Festival Centre (outside toilets), Tuk Com (Pattaya Tai), Pattaya Nua and Pattaya 2nd Road actual bank branches.

"As far as I know, there are just four GSB ATM's in Pattaya: New Festival Centre (outside toilets)"

A new GSB full-service branch just opened three days ago in Festival Center -- The gala grand opening complete with Bank Prez, Mayor, etc. was covered last night on Pattaya People News TV and they appeared to have several ATMs outside the main entrance.

The branch claims to be open until 8:00pm daily, so if it's convenient for you, why not try one of those GSB ATMs, which are available 24/7?

If it doesn't work, you could inquire with the manager for details ( assuming you speak GSB language . . . :) )

Thanks for the update. I will give GSB another go.

As far as I know, there are just four GSB ATM's in Pattaya: New Festival Centre (outside toilets), Tuk Com (Pattaya Tai), Pattaya Nua and Pattaya 2nd Road actual bank branches.

There is also a branch at Naklua, on the left hand side just past the wet market.

I'm assuming the Nationwide card you're referring to is a British card... Is it possible it has the Cirrus/Maestro logos (which are the MasterCard network) on the reverse, instead of the PLUS logo???

Mine is a British card it has a "Link" logo on the back,quite sure thats just for UK use.

On the front it has a Visa logo.

post-2109-1251210015_thumb.jpg

Edited by johng

That could be part of the problem with Nationwide cards.... I don't believe LINK is the standard VISA network symbol. And that could be why they're not working at GSB... Especially if the only logo on the back side is LINK.

I'm not a Brit... so let me ask.... Anyone out there have success using their Nationwide VISA debit card in a GSB ATM???

I'm assuming the Nationwide card you're referring to is a British card... Is it possible it has the Cirrus/Maestro logos (which are the MasterCard network) on the reverse, instead of the PLUS logo???

Mine is a British card it has a "Link" logo on the back,quite sure thats just for UK use.

On the front it has a Visa logo.

post-2109-1251210015_thumb.jpg

Edited by jfchandler