What Would You Change About Thai Culture?

universe2000

Nothing, a countries culture is a pure product of social evolution.

If I could though and would want to......................hmmmmmmmmmmm common sense comes to mind.

Well you know what they say about common sense....It ain't that common!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing, a countries culture is a pure product of social evolution.

If I could though and would want to......................hmmmmmmmmmmm common sense comes to mind.

Well you know what they say about common sense....It ain't that common!

Easier for foreigners... Then it has to be the language. Change it to english and much much easier for foreigners.

Hey what a great idea. And while we're at it why don't we change ALL other languages to English. Let's not stop there...let's standardize all value systems, manners, family rlationships, mutual obligation, let's do away with those annoying foods we find difficult to eat as well.............sounds like a fine example of social engineering - take a Thai language lesson and maybe you might just learn something about the Thais

Easier for foreigners... Then it has to be the language. Change it to english and much much easier for foreigners.

Hey what a great idea. And while we're at it why don't we change ALL other languages to English. Let's not stop there...let's standardize all value systems, manners, family rlationships, mutual obligation, let's do away with those annoying foods we find difficult to eat as well.............sounds like a fine example of social engineering - take a Thai language lesson and maybe you might just learn something about the Thais

Are you actually saying that it's their language that defines them.

English, Americans, Australians ,New Zealanders amongst others all speak English but we are similar but not the same, and of course some of us do speak thai and are fairly understanding of thais and know quite a lot about them.

More solidarity amongst themselves.

Stronger Union Organizing.

Less Discrimination between Light Skin and Dark and between 'big people' and 'little people'.

Less misogyny.

More transparency and accountability in government and other institutions - from bottom to top.

Less tolerance for insane, drunk Falangs.

Fewer lame message boards, too.

But then you could say this about every country on earth

I feel the Thai goverment ( Not the people ) are ruining the country by wanting to keep Thailand for the Thais, their strong "Independant feeling " towards other countries, not seeing if they open the doors trough Foreigners and become a real Democracy, things would get alot better. Oppertunities for work, trading, travel, everything can grow freely then, without all the insane "anti everything" law they now have. Like me for instance, I wanna stay with my wife in Thailand, I can't due I have no idea, how on earth would I work there.

There are many things needed to be change, but that would be the biggest one so far. But I'm afraid reailty will be not like this. I feel pity for most of the Thais, wen I walk around the Soi's of BKK, visit a diner, or go to a mall or so. For us foreigners it is very noticable how under-educated they really are. Needing calculators do do simple calculations, can't bring the food what you ordered. Don't understand when you order a "Small " cup of ice. And many things. Offcourse I accept it. We Foreigners are always hated for the complaining we do, in some way it's part of our culture, and our intelorance to the lower educated Thai's. I assumed myself not to complain anymore next time, it's no use.

The main thing will be, the law and the form of leadership that the country has now as a constitutional monarchy has to be changed. Freedom of business will always bring the country further.

My home country ( The Netherlands ), it's way no more from "The Dutch". Last time survey showed 50% is foreigner! Mainly Muslim, Arab, Marokkan, African, Chinese, it's multicultural. These people come here, because NL offers them work, a save home and future for their childeren, which they don't have in their home country. Now the Dutch people start to realize opening "the doors' was maybe a bit to much, and now the need to control the incoming population of foreigners, by handling strict regulations. I'm not saying it is wrong, I do not feel any negative feelings against Foreigners, good friends of mine are Muslims and so, nothing wrong with that, I see them as Dutch natives. This example Thailand should take to.

Edited by Datsun240Z