Soy News

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

Just a few brief comments on mother-nature's-own-bean-milk :

1. LactaSoy Lite (UHT) in 1 liter size is back in stock at Rimping on the old Chiang Mai - Lamphun road : I hypothesize it is in stock at the other Rimping stores as well. 28 baht per liter. Their new "square" container, with screw-top in the center, is almost guaranteed to make it impossible to pour all of the soy milk out without hand movements from Luk Thung dance.

2. This duo continues to find the fresh soy milk sold on Charoenmuang at its intersection with Thanon Tee Wee the best in Chiang Mai so far. Vendor is out beginning around 6:30PM. Three times in the last three weeks : she has been sold out when I arrived between 10pm and midnight. I'm buying ten to twelve bags per day (around 2.5 - 3 liters) at 4 baht each, no problem keeping the soy milk fresh in the fridge for up to 36 hours or so.

3. A chance conversation with a Thai man I frequently see at my health club informed me that he is involved in importing soy beans to Thailand from Brazil ! It surprised me to learn that Amazing Thailand doesn't grow enough for domestic consumption, and that it can be imported from so far away profitably.

4. I have found that adding the tahini (sold under the name "sesame cream") by Kasem Stores (115 baht per package, organically grown in Mae Hong Son) to hot soy milk is a wonderful taste treat, but, of course, you must keep in mind my farang's taste buds are about 90% dead.

to your health, ~o:37;