Hong Kong Express Withdraws From Bangkok

philipp

Starting this Monday, Hong Kong Express will suspend all flights to and from Bangkok until further notice. Click here for their press release. There are also contact details on it in case you should be booked on one of their flights.

Hong Kong Express was really a cool option to Hong Kong. Thai Airways and Cathay Pacific are usually super expensive. And who wants to fly with Kenya Airways or Ethiopian? I used to fly Hong Kong Express a few times and was pretty happy with their service.

I guess this is because Air Asia has launched flights to Hong Kong a few weeks ago. So Hong Kong Express cannot fill their planes anymore. I don't know about you guys but Air Asia is pretty much eating up everything wherever they fly and the flying public ends up with less choice. Not really my idea of "competition".

Starting this Monday, Hong Kong Express will suspend all flights to and from Bangkok until further notice. Click here for their press release. There are also contact details on it in case you should be booked on one of their flights.

Hong Kong Express was really a cool option to Hong Kong. Thai Airways and Cathay Pacific are usually super expensive. And who wants to fly with Kenya Airways or Ethiopian? I used to fly Hong Kong Express a few times and was pretty happy with their service.

I guess this is because Air Asia has launched flights to Hong Kong a few weeks ago. So Hong Kong Express cannot fill their planes anymore. I don't know about you guys but Air Asia is pretty much eating up everything wherever they fly and the flying public ends up with less choice. Not really my idea of "competition".

Well, this is competition, whatever you may think.

Just shows that free market & competition is not always good for the consumer.

Or staff, or shareholders...............

Most of the time "more choice, better quality" is in real terms quite the opposite.

Maybe locally, but their unique european flight, London to KL is totaly useless outside britain.

The connection are very difficult and a night in hotel will erase any advantage, at least the night in UK; KL is ok :)

The real problem is that ANY airline is cutting connections.....

Edited by samui04

Maybe locally, but their unique european flight, London to KL is totaly useless outside britain.

The connection are very difficult and a night in hotel will erase any advantage, at least the night in UK; KL is ok :)

The real problem is that ANY airline is cutting connections.....

You are not making any sense. A stopover at the airport hotel would be anything from £5 to £15 per night. Hardly breaking the bank.