90 Day Reporting At Cm Immigration

bucklt

Did my usual 90 day visit today to CM Immigration;

Handed over:

Passport.

Photo-copies of picture page (passport), TM6, last entry stamp (27th May) and most recent 'O' visa stamp'.

Completed TM47.

So far....so good....then......and this is where the scene changes......

He changed the date on my TM 47 to 24th August 2009 and put a small slip in my passport with that date stamped on it.

He then RETURNED the completed TM 47 and ALL the photo-copies to me and said: ''see you on August 24th'' ???

Why ask for photo-copies if they are then returned to applicant.

Why ask for a completed TM 47 if similar???

And, aside from my previous reminder slip - removed by him - what proof is there that I actually went there today???

Anybody else have this experience, or, as today is June 1st, are there new procedures in force now?

Total time at office - whilst he did all this in front of me - c20 to 30 seconds.

Bucklt :)

Actually, you weren't supposed to go there today - you were supposed to go there 90 days after your last entry which is 24. th August. That's why they didn't want your unnnecessary paperwork.

OOOOOps....thank you Satiariyan....now THAT makes sense :)

Bucklt

Actually, you weren't supposed to go there today - you were supposed to go there 90 days after your last entry which is 24. th August. That's why they didn't want your unnnecessary paperwork.

OOOOOps....thank you Satiariyan....now THAT makes sense :)

Bucklt

Not to me. I read your post to say you were due to report (probably o/a 24 May?) and you reported 1 Jun. 90 days from 24 May would be 24 Aug (give or take a few days). So reporting was required? Assuming it was.....

I thought you were asking if others had experienced this new process and is making copies still required?

RE: stamping and returning entire TM-47. If I read your post correctly, you have both the form TM 47 with 24 Aug entered on the section that is normally torn off and stapled into your passport and a separate paper with the date on it. Sounds as if you could tear/cut off the report section and stable it and the other piece of paper in your passport so they don't get lost and are fully covered for your next visit.

But that still doesn't answer the questsion about copying pages of your passport.

Edited by noise