How Much Is A Rai ?

Hi I am looking for some advice to how much one would expect to pay per rai of land in nangrong, issan or in turn the surrounding area.

It seems that you could pay around 50-80k baht is this right ??

Also how much would one expect to pay per square meter to build ?

thanks in advance bread

I guess you mean land to build a house on?

Location dependent: on black top road, in the village, electricity available?

Wonder where you can find land to built at 80k/rai.

I paid for (not bought since farangs can not buy) 1 rai 1km from main inter-province road Udon Thani-Sakhon Nakhon on decent black top road 5 years ago at 250k plus 100K to fill land.

Several 1/4 rai lots near my place were sold recently at 320k/rai and a village guy is asking 200K/lot for 1/4th rai (equals 800k/rai!!!)

an other farmer in the village is selling 8 lots of 200sqm at 100k, also equals 800k.

I read somewhere river front land near Mukdahan goes for 1 million/rai

A friend bought 5 rai of rice land boarding a pothole road 1km from this village at 130k, thus 26k/rai but with high tension electricity poles running through, would not want to built a house on that, he made the rice field ripe for building and is asking price is 350K.

Curious to read other price indications here :)

3 Years ago we (me) paid 200,000 Baht for 3/4 Rai in the Village near Khon Kaen. Next to the road (cement) Electric very close, Village water supply.

Last year My Wife bought 1 Rai round the corner for 160,000 Baht as the man had a big debt problem and needed to sell a piece of his land to pay the debt. Otherwise he would have lost the lot.

A lot of the time it will depend on how desperate they are to sell.

As a rough idea our house. 3 bedroom. 2 Bathroom cost 1.2 Million Baht to build the basic house.

Some free house plans here courtesy of Forum Member Crossy. http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/index.html

Our house is number 8.

Hi I am looking for some advice to how much one would expect to pay per rai of land in nangrong, issan or in turn the surrounding area.

It seems that you could pay around 50-80k baht is this right ??

Also how much would one expect to pay per square meter to build ?

thanks in advance bread

If you are planing to buy land or thinking about building a house in Thailand. this is a cool website,http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/ you will find a wealth of information about homes and land there.

Good luck