Less Than 2 Weeks Till The 09/10 Fixtures Come Out

thaimiller

The fixtures come out very soon and I was wondering which teams you look forward to playing or look for first. When I was back in the UK watching Rotherham, I always looked for the boxing day and easter monday fixtures and hoped we got an away day on at least one of them, I also used to look at the local derbys, at the time we used to be in the Championship, same League as the Blades, the Owls and barnsley so they were the ones I looked for first, now unfortunatley its Chesterfield and Bradford.

The fixtures come out very soon and I was wondering which teams you look forward to playing or look for first. When I was back in the UK watching Rotherham, I always looked for the boxing day and easter monday fixtures and hoped we got an away day on at least one of them, I also used to look at the local derbys, at the time we used to be in the Championship, same League as the Blades, the Owls and barnsley so they were the ones I looked for first, now unfortunatley its Chesterfield and Bradford.

[/quo

thaimiiler,

which date do they come out?

Is it June 11th????????

i miss the footie already and it's only been a couple of weeks :)

cheers,

jjp

On the website I was reading they said June 16th. I know what you mean about missing the footy, its harder this year with no World cup or Euro's to keep us occupied.

The Under 21 Tournament in Sweden will be good to watch if it's on this Summer TM... :)

On the website I was reading they said June 16th. I know what you mean about missing the footy, its harder this year with no World cup or Euro's to keep us occupied.

The Under 21 Tournament in Sweden will be good to watch if it's on this Summer TM... :)

I know they are advertising a match(think its a friendly though) along with the England world cup qualifiers, not sure if the tourament is on yet, we have a good side, stuart pearce has done a great job, saying that if they don't listen to pyscho who will they listen to :D

[

Being an ARSENAL supporter I think the fixtures with HULL might be interesting :)

I always look to make sure we are still in the Premiership and not been relegated by mistake :)

After that, i look to see when we are gonna play the RAG's home and away.

Then the first few games come in to play. No disrespect to any team and no team is easy but if you have a few, what you could call "easier" games at the start of the season it helps to get on a roll and into a winning mindset. For instance, any team having to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United as their opening 4 games, wouldn't be coming out of the other side of those games with too many points.

Edited by mrbojangles

I always look to make sure we are still in the Premiership and not been relegated by mistake :)

Then the first few games come in to play. No disrespect to any team and no team is easy but if you have a few, what you could call "easier" games at the start of the season it helps to get on a roll and into a winning mindset. For instance, any team having to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United as their opening 4 games, wouldn't be coming out of the other side of those games with too many points.

dont know many teams that have had to face those 4 in a row.

I was just using it as an example of what would be a nightmare first 4 fixtures for ANY team.

I was just using it as an example of what would be a nightmare first 4 fixtures for ANY team.

true but based on our generally slow out of the gate approach in recent years, i might rather face us early on as opposed to last week of the season - hoping to stay clear of relegation.

I bet we don't play the 'barcodes' on the first day of the season, nor anytime during the season .... :)

Well I guess that you'll just have to do with a Newcastle supporter as manager. Not that I'm one for conspiracy theories - might be a few around at the end of the next season though. :D

I bet we're at OT first off...

You don't won't that one. In the last 2 season both Reading and Newcastle went to Old Trafford first game and got draws. They then both got relegated. If that's the way things will go then I'll have a few quid on Man Utd's first home opponent to be relegated. I really hope it's Sunderland. :)

I bet we're at OT first off...

You don't won't that one. In the last 2 season both Reading and Newcastle went to Old Trafford first game and got draws. They then both got relegated. If that's the way things will go then I'll have a few quid on Man Utd's first home opponent to be relegated. I really hope it's Sunderland. :D

In that case & for the first time in my life, COME ON YOU SPURS.. :)

How long have we got now ??

I'm bored already..

You and me both. I'm even looking at the tables and theyv'e changed already.

Currently Arsenal are top and we are at 12th place, on equal points to Liverpool who are just above us and equal points to Man United who are just below us. I'll let you know of any changes this week :)

Edit. Just noticed West Ham are in the relegation zone :D

Edited by mrbojangles

I'm bored already..

Currently Arsenal are top and we are at 12th place, on equal points to Liverpool who are just above us and equal points to Man United who are just below us. I'll let you know of any changes this week :)

Typical, a Northerner who isn't aware of the Alphabet... :D

I'm bored already..

Typical, a Northerner who isn't aware of the Alphabet... :D

Isn't that a form of Spaghetti :D

................ and we are at 12th place, on equal points to Man United who are just below us.

This could be the only time you are ABOVE Man United :)

- enjoy the moment :D

................ and we are at 12th place, on equal points to Man United who are just below us.

This could be the only time you are ABOVE Man United :D

I am. And I do the same at this time every year :)

This could be the only time you are ABOVE Man United :D

Mind you, glass half full and all that, you can at least look forward to improving your position during the season.

Think of those poor old Gooners :)

I am. And I do the same at this time every year :D