One Week In Bangkok - Filling In The Daylight Hours

peter991

A couple of months ago I started planning my next trip to Thailand. I was going to bring my daughter and asked for help, planning a week in Bangkok. Recently (and fortunately, before I bought the tickets), my daughter got cold feet and decided she didn't want to come to Thailand.

I have now bought and paid for my tickets (PER/SIN/BKK return) and I have 8 days in Thailand. My 'Thai male close friend' works and can't get holidays and as a result, I have to amuse myself during the day time - and spend time with him at night.

I have done all the touristy Bangkok things, during the past 5 years that I have been visiting. I would like to catch up with a farang friend / former workmate who is married to a Thai lady and has retired to Pattaya and I would like to see friends in Khon Kaen.

Not sure how I am going to do it - probably a taxi to Pattaya (spend a few hours there) and fly to Khon Kaen and back same day too. Any other suggestions - perhaps a bit of people watching somewhere?

Peter

Sounds like you have planned what you want to do. The only other thing, is maybe if your friend has Sat or Sunday off, he could fly up to Khon Khaen with you. Otherwise, just get some rest during the day, nice long lunch, read a book or paper, have coffee at a nice coffee shop. Take a nap and be ready to wear him out when he finishes work.

You might want to get a massage, maybe a spa treatment. Take in a movie. Lots of little things to do that people don't get a chance to do ordinarily.

Hope you have a good time.