You See A Guy Beating On A Girl

sassienie

That is why it is wrong for a man to hit a woman.

You haven't justified the belief that it is wrong to hit women. All you've done there is explain that woman are traditionally perceived as smaller and weaker.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why it is wrong for a man to hit a woman.

You haven't justified the belief that it is wrong to hit women. All you've done there is explain that woman are traditionally perceived as smaller and weaker.

I don't believe anything is objectively right or wrong, but many things are clearly bad for society's general well being. For example, we say that murder is "wrong" because it involves the killing of another human, but we kill animals all the time, and we don't have any problem with animals killing their own kind. I explained why I believe it is perceived as being wrong to hit a woman in our society. There is no difference in the reason for why hitting a woman is wrong than the reason murder is wrong, except for the perceived severity. There is value in discouraging people from committing such wrongs in general for the sake of a peaceful, safe, and harmonious society, but outside of those goals, there is no objective reason for why stealing, murder, assault, reckless driving, etc. are wrong. There were ancient societies where human sacrifice was sanctioned and regularly practiced. That wasn't seen as wrong to the ones committing it, bit it does to us. If Earth fell into the sun tomorrow, the universe wouldn't even notice. That wouldn't be wrong, but for all of us humans, it would certainly suck.

Do you believe it is wrong to murder? Why or why not?

I should add to the above statement that I feel, as a man, it would be wrong for me to hit a woman, and as a human, it would be wrong for me to murder, steal, or harm others in any way. While intellectually I know that there are no objective rights and wrongs, it is impossible for me to totally remove myself from my subjective existence as a male human, and so I feel that certain things are subjectively wrong, and I avoid doing those things. Lest any of you should read the above and fear that I am about to go on a killing spree! I am certainly not!

Edited by oevna

Any farang who slaps a Thai girl would attract the wrath of other Thai women....and they can do some nasty things to a male head just using their shoes. No need for any Farang hero to intervene.

A Thai guy who slaps a Thai girl will be allowed a certain amount of free rein as far as other Thai women are concerned. But if the force is excessive, he too can expect the wrath of other Thais. Again, no need for any Farang hero to intervene.

The only time a Farang should get involved is on those occasions when death or serious injury may result from a vicious beating....but only when the intervention is done with the assistance of others.

There is no difference in the reason for why hitting a woman is wrong than the reason murder is wrong, except for the perceived severity.

The difference is the gender distinction. Compare:

i) It is wrong to hit a woman

ii) It is wrong to murder anybody

The question remains: Why is it worse to hit a woman than a man?

The historical aspect is all well and good, but doesn't really explain anything in terms of reasoned thought. There are lots of beliefs that have become obsolete because we have realised the assumptions they were based on were shaky.

Respect for running with this oevna; it's a tricky one.

in my opinion you did the wrong thing, u dont get medals for bravery unless your in the army, and getting involved in other peoples domestics is not your business, for all you know she could have just told him she has been rumping his mate, therefore a good old slap round the mush is justified in my opion.