You See A Guy Beating On A Girl

sassienie

Not being critical of the OP but he took a big risk for the Thai girl adn she barely acknowledges him? Remember, the Thai guy can make one phone call and have 5 or 10 buddies there. If it had gotten physical and the OP serioursly hurt the Thai guy, who do you think will go to jail? Do you think the Thai girl will help you get out of jail?

Don't get me wrong, I do admire the guy for adhering to his beliefs but be prepared to accept some unpleasant consequences if it goes wrong. Just my take on things...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that situation - outside a busy mall - I would of walked past.

Its not a good idea to get involved in a boy and girl fight wherever you are. If someone ( male or female) is being beaten to a pulp by a (male or female) I will try and step in. But if its a case of just a slap between two people you have to consider the possibility that they might have deserved it. In a perfect world nobody would ever hit anybody else - but we don't live in a perfect world.

Well I would like to add that all those who are saying they would have stood up to him and possibly given him a knock around are just stupid, I am sorry but not everything has to lead to fistycuffs and most certainly not in this situation, okay yeah if a girl is being gang raped then yeah but not for a single slap.

You could have always walked over there and asked them both is everything alright or to calm down and talk things out.

I am amazed that lots of posters on here actually think that what the OP did was the right thing to do. Although brave it most certainly was not the right thing to do and most things in life can always be talked out.

Edited by bravingbangkok

Upcountry wife/tee rak/sister beating is a national pastime.

I have a little poll i am conducting, whenever i meet a girl i always ask "you have thai man?". 99% said no. Then I ask "you have

thai man before?" 97% say yes. I then ask "He boxing you?" 94% said yes.

Sure all thai men are the scumm of the earth and we farang are angels. I believe it .. how else could i feel better about myself.

Actually Soigirl hunter has a point. In my expereince his figures are about right if referring to the working class Issiates.

I've seen a few marriages between Thai (rural greeting type) and Farang (Pattaya type) that have been tested because the girl has a complete new set of limitations to observe with the Farang relationship, compared to her previous or current Thai boyfriends / partners. Wrongly, she has been conditioned to respond to violence.

We can't change the way a boyfriend treats his partner (or vice versa) in a foreign country.

I stepped in once didn't use any violence simply shouted stop and stood in between the guy and girl that was being punched....

As I walked away the girl broke a bottle over my head the guy then punched me.

In future i will never step in between a rowing coupule if they are stupid enough to put up with each other up to them.

If im sure some one is being attacked and is asking for help that would be a different matter I would try and help.

I stepped in once didn't use any violence simply shouted stop and stood in between the guy and girl that was being punched....

As I walked away the girl broke a bottle over my head the guy then punched me.

In future i will never step in between a rowing coupule if they are stupid enough to put up with each other up to them.

If im sure some one is being attacked and is asking for help that would be a different matter I would try and help.

Hahaha Welcome to Thailand my friend..Looks like you have learned the hard way. To interfere in a Thai quarrel is the same as showing disrespect to both of them. It makes them looks incompetent to solve their own personal problem.

Next time just let the Thai people bashed each other to death alrite? They dun need anyone or even worse a white guy to be their 'godfather' to solve the problem.

Unless the girl is going to be raped or anything same extent situation I say go for it.

Credit to OP, can't see why some people are having a go at him. Doing the right thing isn't always the safest thing, but at least he had the balls to do it. :)

Good luck if you think with your balls and not your head in life.

Well you obviously do before posting, as you didn't understand what was written. :D

Sorry you have lost me.

It's not difficult.

a) It's the right thing to do - morally

:D Not the safest thing to do - clearly

c) Did I say what I would have done? No

There you go, in nice easy steps.

I have four words to OP.

DUN BE A HERO....My friend.

The girl deserves to be elbowed. She has cheated on the guy. :) Okay im just joking :D

Joking?

What if the girl had been sleeping with his best friend, emptied his account, stitched him up on a drugs charge, called his mother a whore, poured poison in his coffee, beaten up his kid sister, made his mother's buffalo sick, fessed up to being married to the guy he thought was her cousin, cut off his magic weenie in the night, poured their savings into a beer bar and got bored after a week, pissed on a rug that really held the room together, voted for the wrong guy on Acadamie Fantasia...

You just don't know.

I have four words to OP.

The girl deserves to be elbowed. She has cheated on the guy. :) Okay im just joking :D

Joking?

What if the girl had been sleeping with his best friend, emptied his account, stitched him up on a drugs charge, called his mother a whore, poured poison in his coffee, beaten up his kid sister, made his mother's buffalo sick, fessed up to being married to the guy he thought was her cousin, cut off his magic weenie in the night, poured their savings into a beer bar and got bored after a week, pissed on a rug that really held the room together, voted for the wrong guy on Acadamie Fantasia...

You just don't know.

Judging by some threads on here, a lot of TV members would have married her.

I have a little poll i am conducting, whenever i meet a girl i always ask "you have thai man?". 99% said no. Then I ask "you have

Well most Thai girls deserves to be continous punched on a daily basis seriously. Look at the F up characterictic traits every single one of the majority LOS ladies possess. If U have a Thai other half u will know what i mean. If you dun have one. Good for you.

:)

Not even a hint at sarcasm in that? Not even the hint of a joke? !!!

That makes you scum if you seriously believe any woman deserves 'to be continuously punched on a daily basis'.

I am not sure if I should pity you or simply despise you with your sentiments.

I have four words to OP.

Joking?

You just don't know.

All right then. Proceed to Shoot the girl with an Anti-SPIKE missile launcher Surface to Air at point blank close face to face range.

5_missile.jpg

:D

Well most Thai girls deserves to be continous punched on a daily basis seriously. Look at the F up characterictic traits every single one of the majority LOS ladies possess. If U have a Thai other half u will know what i mean. If you dun have one. Good for you.

:)

Not even a hint at sarcasm in that? Not even the hint of a joke? !!!

That makes you scum if you seriously believe any woman deserves 'to be continuously punched on a daily basis'.

Yeah yeah..You can do watever u want. I dun give a flying mushrooms on what you say or feel about me. :D

You haven't met my mother-in-law

les_dawson_150.jpg

You haven't met my mother-in-law

les_dawson_150.jpg

Geez..That scary. Lol

Lets take the same scenario to a higher level. Should England have turned a blind eye when Hitler invaded Poland and France? Hey, England has always been closer to Germany than France. Should the USA have turned the other cheek when Japan bombed Pearl Harbour? Hey, the Japanese were just trying to assure they had a viable oil supply for the future. Should Israel turn the other cheek when Palistinian bombers continually blow up public places?

The world is full of choices where there is no right and no wrong way to react... and both can be equally dangerous.

Lets take the same scenario to a higher level. Should England have turned a blind eye when Hitler invaded Poland and France? Hey, England has always been closer to Germany than France. Should the USA have turned the other cheek when Japan bombed Pearl Harbour? Hey, the Japanese were just trying to assure they had a viable oil supply for the future. Should Israel turn the other cheek when Palistinian bombers continually blow up public places?

The world is full of choices where there is no right and no wrong way to react... and both can be equally dangerous.

So the tall guy is Hitler/Hirohito/PLO, the girl is Poland/Hawaii/Israel and OP midget is England/USA? But OP and tall guy used to be buddies. And the girl is now a plumber working days in North London and nights at Trader Vic's? And OP is a freedom fighting armed terrorist group with excellent motorways and a thing for schoolgirl knickers?

Who was Switzerland again?

I would have done the same thing. Its too bad that the reality is Thais like to get involved once a farang is there. I personally think its a bit racist but this is thailand. I definitely would of smacked him than disappeared from that area for a couple weeks.

GUys who beat on women are mostly chicken shits anyways

I would have done the same thing. Its too bad that the reality is Thais like to get involved once a farang is there. I personally think its a bit racist but this is thailand. I definitely would of smacked him than disappeared from that area for a couple weeks.

GUys who beat on women are mostly chicken shits anyways

Mike.jpg Your calling me a chicken shitz ? Wana taste some of my left hooks ?

Yesterday I was visiting the Computer Plaza in Chiang Mai.

Once I finished with my purchases, left the building and began walking towards my motorbike.

Then I noticed by the building entrance door, a young tall Thai guy age about 19 dressed in university uniform having a serious argument with a very short Thai girl who looked about the same age also dressed in university uniform.

Suddenly the guy gave the girl an almighty slap in the face. On seeing this I quickly walked over to the guy and stood next to him. He towered over me, but I looked up at him and stared straight into his eyes giving him the message that if he is considering beating on this girl again, he is going to have to deal with me first.

Than he took out his mobile phone, put it to his ear and slowly walked away, leaving the shocked girl standing with me outside the Plaza.

I watched him disappear around the corner, and then I got onto my motorbike and drove off. The girl hardly acknowledged me at all.

When I arrived home I explained to my wife what happened. She said it was a stupid thing to do because the guy could have had a knife.

But I don't care; feel that I done the right thing even if some may believe it's better to be a live coward than a dead hero.

What would you have done in that situation?

My friends and family all tell me that one day I will end up dead, but I just cannot let things like that happen when I am around. Glad you stepped in and good to know I am not the only " fool" Good job !! :D

I agree, I everybody did this, the world would be better. Maybe they had just an argue, but slapping a woman, than you are realy a low-life person. I would grab him, trow him against the wall, and ask what the fuc_k is wrong son. If he gives no resanoble answer, K.O for him. :)

Sure all thai men are the scumm of the earth and we farang are angels. I believe it .. how else could i feel better about myself.

Seems though, most Thai ladies can't keep good relation with Farang, because they don't understand each other values, so they stick with the Thai boy anyway.

I would grab him, trow him against the wall, and ask what the fuc_k is wrong son.

Excuse my ignorance but, just for kicks, can someone explain to me why it is ok to throw a man against the wall and threaten him, but not ok to slap a woman across the face?

Is it because women are weak and need to be protected?

Or is it because you should stand up when a woman enters the room?

Or what?

I have no desire to hit any woman, but I'd be interested to hear why so many posters feel so strongly about it.

Because the few man who do, halve self-respect. We know and have been teached, it's not tolerated to hit a woman, whatever she did. Woman should be respected, they do many things wrong, but in the end they will think it over, and change for the better one.

A guy on guy fight, that's okay, I would let it be. But don't hit a woman.

It do makes a big difference if you look like this:

arnold_schwarzenegger_training.jpg

Or this:

Johndrprktk.JPG

We know and have been teached, it's not tolerated to hit a woman, whatever she did.

OK, but why is that?

Maybe it's a Christian thing, I don't know also further how to eplain.

I have been tought not to hit a woman but i have pinned one down who came at me with a knife. Sad thing is if i had hit her im sure i would be in jail even though she pulled a knife.

Yesterday I was visiting the Computer Plaza in Chiang Mai.

Once I finished with my purchases, left the building and began walking towards my motorbike.

Then I noticed by the building entrance door, a young tall Thai guy age about 19 dressed in university uniform having a serious argument with a very short Thai girl who looked about the same age also dressed in university uniform.

Suddenly the guy gave the girl an almighty slap in the face. On seeing this I quickly walked over to the guy and stood next to him. He towered over me, but I looked up at him and stared straight into his eyes giving him the message that if he is considering beating on this girl again, he is going to have to deal with me first.

Than he took out his mobile phone, put it to his ear and slowly walked away, leaving the shocked girl standing with me outside the Plaza.

I watched him disappear around the corner, and then I got onto my motorbike and drove off. The girl hardly acknowledged me at all.

When I arrived home I explained to my wife what happened. She said it was a stupid thing to do because the guy could have had a knife.

But I don't care; feel that I done the right thing even if some may believe it's better to be a live coward than a dead hero.

What would you have done in that situation?

Well, you know now what to do next time - as the girl didn't even thank you - is to either help the guy slap her about and hope for some gratitude at least, or walk away.

Were there any Thais about at the time and if so, what did they do?