A Meta-comment On The 'reading Thread Kindly And Thoughtfully Started By Khun Mapguy

orang37

The OP (in this case, Orang) has shown, inadvertently I guess, with this topic that by remaining engaged it is possible for the OP to keep the discussion on track with no special moderating privileges needed. All that's needed is sincerity, a willingness to engage and the good manners to respond to ideas rather than persons. The thread veered off only upon Orang's self-imposed retirement.

<snip> anyone who is ever "annoyed" by any of my posts is free to respond publicly... but I can and will disregard anyone who implies that they speak for other people who they imagine are annoyed. <snip>

The annoyed *do* respond publicly, which is how I know they are annoyed. Personally, though, I find your posts edifying and am glad you're around.

Two tin cans with a string between them would be cheaper.
For a while, M. Hulot and I tried simply reading each other's minds, but we couldn't get it to work at all. According to the experts, mine either is incomprehensible to outsiders or does not exist.

Nonetheless Rasseru and I have developed a wonderful friendship. We're now so close that some people refer to us as The Twin Cans.

I cannot even tell if you guys are discussing moderation by humans or by orangutans. See you Sat. night at Tusker's.

Unless I am badly mistaken, I am afraid that you will not see o:37, Monsieur Hulot, Ulysses G. or me at Tusker's on Saturday, but I, at least, and my friends, I think probably, very much look forward to the next chance to meet with you that Fortune condescends to grant us.

Edited by Rasseru

I sometimes imagine you and Monsieur Hulot sitting in front of your respective computers with the phone in hand giving each other grist for the "observations" mill.

Actually Rasseru and I used to communicate via smoke signal but since so many of you complained about the pollution, we are now resorting to walkie-talkies. Over

A followup 'observation'. For a while, M. Hulot and I tried simply reading each other's minds, but we couldn't get it to work at all. According to the experts, mine either is incomprehensible to outsiders or does not exist.

If anyone could communicate by telepathy, it would be you two. You guys definitely think alike. :)

My dear Khun o:37:

I hope this finds you well, and fully recovered from all your wounds.

If I might, I would like to offer a suggestion. As a way for me and others to get a more concrete sense of how your apparently, at least to me, splendid idea might work in practice, I think it might be very helpful if at some point you were to list the posts on this topic, by post number, that you would have moderately eliminated had you the power as provided in your proposal.

Yours respectfully,

Rasseru

If anyone could communicate by telepathy, it would be you two. You guys definitely think alike. :)

My goal, and if you are right it is very likely Monsieur Hulot's as well, is to not think . . . alike! :D

Unless I am badly mistaken, I am afraid that you will not see o:37, Monsieur Hulot, Ulysses G. or me at Tusker's on Saturday, but I, at least, and my two friends, I think probably, very much look forward to the next chance to meet with you that Fortune condescends to grant us.

Nor I. But, wish those who will be going a nice time.

----------------

..and Dearest Khun o:37,

The idea is a good one, its just the tweeking that need be addressed. As someone mentioned, may be good to present it to the wider TV audience, rather than the CM forum. Discussing and brainstorming may help develop it. If you very much like your idea, do not give up so easily!

In the meantime..have a cookie. :)

chocolate-chip-cookie_01.jpg

maisOuiSont.jpg

"Echo, parlant quand bruyt on maine

Qui beaulté ot trop plus qu'humaine ?

Dessus rivière ou sus estan,

Mais où sont les neiges d'antan !"

François Villon

Edited by orang37

"Echo, parlant quand bruyt on maine

Qui beaulté ot trop plus qu'humaine ?

Dessus rivière ou sus estan,