Actor David Carradine Dead in Bangkok

medegen

Must have been one hel_l of a long shoelace. Dodgey circumstances in my opinion impossible to tie ones own hands. The footprint on the bed must be the best clue that the BIB have.

Cheers, Rick

There could be other (even better) clues, but don't expect Bkk police to notice them. It would be interesting to see whether there were functional security cameras on the premises, and whether they show any suspicious visitors/deliveries.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as a read The Nation headline about a star committing suicide I was suspicious. I mean really, who would place any trust in what that newspaper had to say about anything, and all so quickly, presumably before there has even been a proper investigation and autopsy report. An insult to your intelligence.

So David Carridine has a new movie in Thailand, flies over and shortly after kills himself in his hotel? I would assume his family would have the connections to get to the bottom of this, albeit apparently an unpleasant story to reveal, but suicide, come on.

This type of reporting really makes you wonder about all the other police claims for foreigner deaths as suicides. Stinks to high heaven.

Fox News has much less retracted stories or stories with innacuracies than either CNN or MSNBC.

Rest in Peace Grasshopper :D

Since FOX rarely reports any news it's natural that they would not have many retractions... :)

"FAUX News" is not a news gathering organization so much as a proponent of a point of view...

the police should check all his phone records for the past few days in case this is a home delivery service gone wrong

If as suggested it was a good 5* hotel, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out if he was accompanied in his room...

With all respect to David Caradine, I fondly remember eagerly waiting for the next "Kung <deleted>" episode.

There was just a news article on Thai TV about his death.

I didn't watch it myself, Thai TV doesn't rank on my list of top 1,000,000 activities, but my GF suddenly jumped up and asked if it was true that all us Farang "help ourselves", as the reporter had claimed. Maybe somebody can confirm this?

But anyway, no problems, it can be admitted, it so no damage to our reputation. We are all either wanke_rs or Liars.

Truly a sad day R.I.P Grasshopper.

Unfortunately these kind of suicides seem to happen too much in Thailand.

Investigations are usually dropped quickly on request of the family to protect the name of the diciest.

Considering the newly acquired international reputation of the Thai police to be useless and not even able to protect there own P.M. downtown BK

I recon international detectives should be brought in to at least take fingerprints and look at the CCTV footage they will have.

If you buy it then that's your own opinion, personally i wouldn't wish kind of death on anybody.

Just remember to give a good tip next time you are out on the town.

Cain was a hero to many childhood memories. David Carradine was a respected actor in many Hollywood films. He was found dead in a Bangkok hotel. The circumstances surrounding his death leave a lot to the imagination. Some would say suicide while others would like to point to an accidental death related to sordid sexual activities. Some folks would even suggest homicide. In Bangkok all is possible; welcome to Thailand.

If the Thai newspapers paint a nasty image it's because that is what sells newspapers.

If the Thai police say it is suicide it may just be due to a sense of decency over a tragic death involving a foreign celebrity.

If David Carradine was involved in a private form of deviant sexual behaviour that led to his death, we don't really need to know anymore about it.

If somebody else was involved, let the investigation proceed.

Give the man a break! He is no longer among us.

Cain was a hero to many childhood memories. David Carradine was a respected actor in many Hollywood films. He was found dead in a Bangkok hotel. The circumstances surrounding his death leave a lot to the imagination. Some would say suicide while others would like to point to an accidental death related to sordid sexual activities. Some folks would even suggest homicide. In Bangkok all is possible; welcome to Thailand.

If the Thai newspapers paint a nasty image it's because that is what sells newspapers.

If the Thai police say it is suicide it may just be due to a sense of decency over a tragic death involving a foreign celebrity.

If David Carradine was involved in a private form of deviant sexual behaviour that led to his death, we don't really need to know anymore about it.

If somebody else was involved, let the investigation proceed.

Give the man a break! He is no longer among us.

Amen, brother :)

one thing i dont understand, the high class hotel must have cameras on the floor, because i stayed in a bottom class room in sukhunmvit and they have 50 cameras

so they should know if somebody killed him or not

and suicide - NO WAY!!!!!!

AP is now reporting the speculation on AEA.

Thai police: Carradine death may be accidental

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

BANGKOK (AP) -- Police are speculating that accidental suffocation, not suicide, may have caused the death of American cult actor David Carradine, whose body was found in a hotel closet in the Thai capital with a rope tied to his neck, wrist and genitals.

Celebrity blogs and social networking Web sites were abuzz with news of the death of Carradine - best known for the 1970s TV series "Kung <deleted>." The circumstances under which he died have led to speculation that the 72-year-old actor may have been engaged in a dangerous form of sex play known as auto-erotic asphyxiation.

The practice involves temporarily cutting off the supply of oxygen to the brain to heighten the effects of a sexual climax.....

Related video from the AP. This is the statement from the embassy. Hit either the "New Evidence Caradinne Case" or the other links referencing the ropes:

http://video.ap.org/?t=By%20Section/Showbi...DINE-20090604EV

David Carradine's manager says there is no way the actor, found dead in Thailand, would have committed suicide — and that he believes his death was "foul play."

"He was great," said Chuck Binder, the star's manager of six years. "He was doing a bunch of films, he was coming back to do more films, it was all great. He'd just bought a brand-new car. I think he was in a really great place. He was in a really happy marriage. And so none of it makes sense.

"This is foul play," he said.

As for what kind of foul play, Binder declined to speculate. Carradine, 72, was found naked in a Bangkok hotel with a rope around his neck, The Washington Post reported.

David Carradine's manager says there is no way the actor, found dead in Thailand, would have committed suicide — and that he believes his death was "foul play."

"He was great," said Chuck Binder, the star's manager of six years. "He was doing a bunch of films, he was coming back to do more films, it was all great. He'd just bought a brand-new car. I think he was in a really great place. He was in a really happy marriage. And so none of it makes sense.

"This is foul play," he said.

this is not new news..

see the post i made yesterday & hear Chuck Binder actually speak these words on Larry King Live: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Actor-David-...t&p=2785027

its almost certainly looking toward 'accidental death' rather than suicide.. (much like Hutchence)

It is a textbook case of AEA. Everything reported is as per typical cases.

AEA is not rare, so I don't why this should be so shocking or result in the usual regurgitation of conspiracy theories. The people that die in this manner present as otherwise normal functional folks. It happens.

Hopefully, the pixies of TV forums won't make this observation disappear.

I am willing to predict that the conclusion will be death by misadventure.

Edited by geriatrickid

My daughter is an attorney in bkk and also works in the police station that is conducting the investigation as an interpreter, I spoke to her earlier today and she told me somethings. One is that david carradine had one rope around his neck and another around his genitals, The two ropes were tied together with a shoe lace and that only one wrist had a rope tied to it. She also told me that there is no evidence to support someone else having been in the room. The prelimary report from Dr Nanthana Sirisap, director of Chulalongkorn Hospital's Autopsy Centre to the police is that mr carradine died of heart failure. But the final results may not be known until sunday. There is some more but she instructed me not to say until the full facts are made public

Very sad in deed he was a much loved actor and person.

RIP David Carradine

Edited by cyborg22

^Well, I wanna see them. So pleas repost if you have them

***flame removed*** I have never said i am in possession of any photographs.

And even if i did it would be in bad taste and most likely removed by mods or admin get a life ***flame removed***

It is quite silly to be asking for police photos to be posted on this forum. How would he have them, anyway? And if he did, he certainly shouldn't be in possession of them.

Very true jimjim and i don't have any and never will.

My enquiry wasn't directed at 40 post (friends in high places) Cyborg. It was a general request.

People should not feel squeamish about photos of dead people. They are just God's creatures, serene in their passing about to be received into the hands of the Lord.

This is a news forum, and we are allowed to speculate about the crime. The Police have no monopoly on this. Have you never seen 'Scooby Doo'. Anyone can investigate. Lets not get carried away with hysterical speculation about 'ghosts' such as someone was on here yesterday.

Bangkok Post:

MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES

'Kung <deleted>' star Carradine dead

Police have not confirmed whether he took his own life or was murdered.

The naked body of the 72-year-old actor was found by a housekeeper in a closet in room number 352 of Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel in the Lumpini area at 11am yesterday.

Lumpini police said the body of Carradine was found curled up inside the wardrobe with one end of a shoelace tied around his penis and the other end fastened around his neck.

Both of his hands were bound with a cord which was also tied around his neck, said an officer at the station who requested anonymity.

Forensic experts said Carradine had probably died between 12 and 24 hours before his body was found.

They said there were no injury marks on his body and no evidence of a struggle having taken place in the room. Mysteriously, a footprint found on the bed did not match the shoes worn by Carradine.

There was a glass of water in the room. Experts were checking to see if the drink had been tampered with.

Police refused to give further details, saying they needed to gather more evidence to determine the cause of death.