Actor David Carradine Dead in Bangkok

medegen

BREAKING STORY

"Big Hollywood star" kills himself in Bangkok

A leading Hollywood star is said to have committed suicide in a Bangkok hotel on Wednesday, police sources said.

The identity of the elderly male star would be released soon, pending confirmation of his identity.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 04/06/09

Edited by medegen

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elderly male? Could it be Sly Stallone?

Oh my Buddha - here we go with the wild speculation :D

It could have been Lassie.

:)

Lassie is dead already, maybe ET ?

David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Kang <deleted> and Kill Bill star David Carradine was found hung in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

Police believed he committed suicide.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 04/06/09

Edited by medegen

Kung <deleted> and Kill Bill star David Carradine was found hung in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said. Police believed he committed suicide.

Carradine, 73, was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and stayed at a Suite Room 352 of Park Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road since June 2.

The film crew went to have a meal at a restaurant on Sathorn road on June 3, but Carradine ws absent. The team tried to contact him but to no avail. They assumed that he needed a rest because of his age.

A maid of the hotel opened his suite on Thursday at 10am only to find Carradine hung himself in a closet in his room. He was described as half naked.

Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope which was used with curtains.

Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no signs of fightings and assaults.

What a terrible loss, and what a sad way for it to end. He must have been under tremendous stress.

He was definitely up there with people who influenced my childhood. I have had a lifelong interest in martial arts and it all began with him and old Bruce.

I can see why he perhaps considered himself a failure, but the love that a lot of us had for him proves that he wasn't. RIP

Why would he consider himself a failure? In what way? (That isnt meant to sound hostile, i am sincere. I admired him, and feel sad about it). Career-wise he was very successful recently with Kill Bill, and according to wiki he was only just married for a few years from 2004. Of course, that doesnt really mean anything. Only those close to him may know what would cause him to feel so distressed. ..but, out of respect, I guess we shouldnt really discuss this in detail on this thread. Hopefully some considerate tactful report in the paper later will help us to understand why better.

With older people the usual cause would be severe depression, serious disease, or a combination. Probably a different dynamic than with adolescents where really trivial seeming social problems can trigger it.

Edited by Jingthing

I can see why he perhaps considered himself a failure, but the love that a lot of us had for him proves that he wasn't. RIP

Why would he consider himself a failure? In what way? (That isnt meant to sound hostile, i am sincere. I admired him, and feel sad about it). Career-wise he was very successful recently with Kill Bill, and according to wiki he was only just married for a few years from 2004.

He came from a very succesful family and he really was a fcukup. Yes, he did a few things that worked, but Kung <deleted> was considered a joke for a long time and there must have been a lot of years that he was doing nothing and just focused on the negatives. All I can say is that I am sorry, but I am not really surprised.

David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Kung <deleted> and Kill Bill star David Carradine was found hung in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

"Kung <deleted>" and "Kill Bill" star David Carradine was found hung himself in a closet in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

Police believed he committed suicide.

Carradine, 72, was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and stayed at a Suite Room 352 of the Park Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road since June 2.

The film crew were aware of his absence when they went to dine out at a restaurant on Sathorn Road on June 3.

Carradine did not show up at the dinner and the team could not reach him. They assumed that he took a rest because of his age.

It was a hotel's maid who opened his suite on Thursday at 10 am only to find Carradine in a closet. He was described as behind half naked.

Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope, the kind that is used with curtains.

Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no sign of fighting and assaults.

Kung <deleted> Man

Aside from Quentin Tarantino's twopart "Kill Bill" in 200304, Carradine was perhaps best known for his role as the fugitive halfChinese Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s easternwestern TV drama "Kung <deleted>". He also starred in Martin Scorsese's "Boxcar Bertha" in 1972, portrayed folksinger Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory" in 1976, acted in Ingmar Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and costarred with half brothers Keith Carradine and Robert Carradine in the 1980 western "The Long Riders".

His father was the noted actor John Carradine.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009 06 04

In Thai cinemas, Carradine was recently seen as a martialarts guru in the Rob Schneider comedy "Big Stan" and as a perverted elderly Chinese mobster in "Crank: High Voltage" starring Jason Statham.