Actor David Carradine Dead in Bangkok

medegen

I can see why he perhaps considered himself a failure, but the love that a lot of us had for him proves that he wasn't. RIP

How so your first comment? I always respected the guys command of the screen as a sort of cool dude. To tell you the truth I was a bit more upset about learning of this suicide than a lot of other pretend arteeests.

F**ck, to hang yourself at 73 you must have some perceived demons in your head !

RIP Grasshopper

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want more proof he killed himself. Things were still going strong for him acting wise and though he was getting old he was in good health. And why would he kill himself in Bangkok? Something is fishy.

I'm with you.. doesnt one have to be a midget to hang themselves in a CLOSET! It is not like the bar is ceiling height. ANd then the hangers bump on the back wall sometimes, so then how uncomfortable would it be to hang yourself in a CLOSET! Who has ever heard of someone doing that.

Then why would you do it half naked?? and ohh was the closet door closed when the maid found him??

Besides, you fly down to bangkok where money buys everything.. you are a big star, albeit old, but famous none-the-less people are fawning over you, you are here for a movie... and you get depressed and hang yourself in a closet..

No.. way.. jose..

You are one mixed up hombre mate

Some people need to <deleted> till there is a statement from his family or hard cold facts indicating suicide! This is no situation for the usual drunks with keyboards to have a field day on a bunch of BS speculation when there has to date not been one credible source that indicated he died of anything but natural causes.

Latest fact checked news source, everything else is pure rubbish!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/06/74949/index.html

New details have emerged in the death of "Kung <deleted>" and 'Kill Bill' star David Carradine.

The hotel where the 72-year-old actor was found dead tells ET: "We are currently cooperating with the Thai Police who are still investigating the matter. As investigations are presently in progress, we are not in a position neither to discuss this case nor reveal any details pertaining to the case, moreover out of respect for the family members."

Meanwhile, an employee at The Nation -- the Bangkok paper that broke the story -- spoke with ET about their report, saying that Carradine had been invited to dinner with the film crew on June 3 and did not show up. They were unable to contact him, but believed he was resting because of his age.

There is an investigation into the cause of death. Keep checking back here for more on this developing story...

Posted June 04, 2009 9:10:00 AM

This was just announced by FOX News.... Guess they figured it was time they reported an actual News story...

I remember all the enthralled times I spent watching him in Kung <deleted>....

How many of us wished we could be cool and calm like he was, and still beat the crap out of anyone that was an "Evil Doer".

With all the meditating he did in that series, and how much The Series meant to his career and life, I sort of feel that Bangkok would be an appropriate spot to end it all

Namaste and Sawadee Krup.

CS

Now this is being reported by Associated Press written by Grant Peck.

Note, there is a named Police Source, Teerapop Luanseng, he indicates that David Carradine was found naked and hanging.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...t0z6RQD98JVND03

Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok By GRANT PECK – 21 minutes ago

BANGKOK (AP) — David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung <deleted>" whose career roared back to life when he played the assassin-turned-victim in Quentin Tarentino's "Kill Bill," was found dead Thursday in Thailand. Police said he appeared to have hanged himself.

The officer responsible for investigating the death, Teerapop Luanseng, said the 72-year-old actor was staying at a suite at the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel.

"I can confirm that we found his body, naked, hanging in the closet," Teerapop said. He said police suspected suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

400_dcarradine_090604_vmacon_afp_85880140.jpg

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/06/74952/

ET has new details regarding the autopsy of David Carradine, who was found dead in his Bangkok hotel room Thursday morning.

ET spoke with a representative at Chulalongkorn Hospital, where David's body was taken for an autopsy. Early reports indicate the star may have taken his own life. Thai newspaper The Nation quotes a police source as saying he was found hanged.

The Chulalongkorn Hospital tells ET that initial autopsy results will be released in two days.

The actor was best known for his roles in the 1970s TV Western "Kung <deleted>" and Quentin Tarantino's two 'Kill Bill' movies. He was 72.

Posted June 04, 2009 10:20:00 AM

Early 70s not all that elderly. RIP movie star dude.

Really? Life Expectancy in the US is 77.7 years. How old do you have to be to be elderly?

Anyway.. David Carradine was one of the coolest guys in the industry. May he rest in peace. Sad it ended like that.. I hope he is happier wherever he is now.

Early 70s not all that elderly. RIP movie star dude.

Really? Life Expectancy in the US is 77.7 years. How old do you have to be to be elderly?

Anyway.. David Carradine was one of the coolest guys in the industry. May he rest in peace. Sad it ended like that.. I hope he is happier wherever he is now.

Yeah, you make a good point statistically. On the other hand I think baby boomers are going to be very resistant to calling themselves elderly, the reality is there is no strict age barrier where a person becomes elderly, it is more about physical condition and outlook towards life. I think older gentleman would have been better. Anyway, happy trails ...

I can see why he perhaps considered himself a failure, but the love that a lot of us had for him proves that he wasn't. RIP

This is what I can't understand when much liked/loved celebrities kill themselves. Surely he only had to go outside and people would want to talk to him and say how much they liked his Kung <deleted> series. I know he was in a load of pretty crappy films after that, but he was still one of those actors who people remember fondly.

RIP "Grasshopper".

Sort of double shattered this morning...brought back very close memories.

What an absolute waste of a good guy. His call, but one I struggle to understand. I hope his reason was very valid, cause he was a genuine good guy.

Sort of always felt "your warm socks on a cold day or your old worn jeans" comfortable in a movie when he was there, especially the westerns when I was a younger.

Peace be with you bro...

Sad to hear of the passing of Mr Carradine aka 'Kwai Chang Caine' (and other notable roles) may he rest in peace.

It still remains to be seen what the official cause of death was. However, if the final report conclusively concludes this was a suicide, an internationally famous man's death in Bangkok 'may' actually raise awareness of mental health issues (somewhat) in the general 'face'-in-sand cultural view of the subject in Thailand. There are of course some local movie/tv stars who commit suicide from time to time which raises a brief blimp but 'inter' (international) news usually raises levels of local awareness.

Also, for some non movie star foreigners who come here (especially those pre-disposed with addictions, burnt bridges, or impulse traits but with illusions of a geographical 'change') a lethal cocktail of reality is sometimes waiting. Then there are other foreigners who encounter depression for the first time but in a foreign land, far from loved one's and friends face-to-face contact. Beyond growing awareness and assistance for Thais, there also needs to be a multilingual national suicide hotline available, attended by foreign volunteers whom are trained to assist. There have been a few local one's for foreigners in the past (may be still) but if any member knows of any active local suicide hotlines for foreigners, perhaps post tel #s, links, or details.

As one who always 'hopes' for something good to possibly emerge from any tragedy, I narrowly hope some tv members may yet add to this thread with a suicide prevention/intervention view and post some helpful links as well.

Last, may 'Grasshopper' rest in peace now (only you know the circumstance and may something good come from your passing)

This is what I can't understand when much liked/loved celebrities kill themselves. Surely he only had to go outside and people would want to talk to him and say how much they liked his Kung <deleted> series.

I suppose there's a big difference between people knowing who you are and actually knowing you though.

Sad way to go, RIP.

Reading the details reported so far, if this really was a suicide, it is was an incredibly BIZARRE one.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1790...-carradine-dead

Lumpini police said the body of Carradine was found curled up inside the wardrobe with one end of a shoelace tied around his penis and the other end fastened around his neck.

Both of his hands were bound with a cord which was also tied around his neck, said an officer at the station who requested anonymity.

Mysteriously, a footprint found on the bed did not match the shoes worn by Carradine.

Edited by Jingthing

The original BBC article said that he had been found with cord tied "around his neck and genitals". This was later changed to, "neck and other parts of his body."

Seems much more likelt to be autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong than suicide.

RIP.

Edited by Ruperts

An incredible loss regardless of the huge number of speculators and opinions expressed. Hard to believe as I just watched 'Son of the Dragon,' DVD yesterday. The fact that a huge number of participants are contributing to the post indicates the impact that Grasshopper had on thousands of people. You will be missed. May we respect all parties involved during this point in time.

RIP and condolences to the family.

Life's too short to drink bad wine!