Almost 6month Without Visa And Passport, Can We Get A New Visa In Thailand?

it's really URGENT

i just realize there are a lot of people who knows about VISA here..

so please help me out.

ok

it's my friend's case.

he is a full time student in university. he lost his passport, January 2008,

but he wasn't sure whether he lost it or simply it's with friends, so it took several months for him to realize he need a new passport

at that moment his thai visa still extended to Dec 17 2008.

but he is zimbabwean, there is no zimbabwean embassy in thailand...

and due to the difficult condition of zimbabwe all this year...

his passport was issued May 14,2009, and bring into the country by a friend.

therefore, he has a brand new passport with no stamps on it.

without a entry record into thailand

because all this year he haven't left thailand

well now his thai VISA expired for almost 6 month

the problem is how can i get him a thai visa ASAP in bangkok?

is it possible for him to get this done in immigration within one day

with school's visa documents, school's prove that in the previous year, he is still full time student in school

with police report on lost passport, photocopy of lost passport

with zimbabwean consolate in Thailand to prove that it does take bloody one year to get your new passport...

i need to get him in the team represent the uni. to a competition in Australia in Late June...

that's why i need him to have a thai visa before went to Australia embassy.

please advise me...

thank you so much

cynthia

A police report is the first thing that should of been done.

He has been on a overstay since his visa/extension of stay ran out. There will be a 20,000 baht fine for that.

Does he have a copy of his visa, extension and entry/permit to stay stamps that were in his old passport. And his TM6 departure card. Having those will smooth things out a little.

However it is done it will require him to leave the country and get a new visa.

Normally I would say to just buy a ticket and leave the country paying the fine at immigration on departure.

But with the length of time and a new passport it probably means a trip to immigration to sort all this out. Also he should have a lawyer with him when he goes. He is going to still need the 20,000 baht no matter what is done plus a ticket out of the country before going to immigration.

If he has the dcomumentation with him when he leaves he should be able to get a new ED visa at a nearby consulate.

A police report is the first thing that should of been done.

He has been on a overstay since his visa/extension of stay ran out. There will be a 20,000 baht fine for that.

Does he have a copy of his visa, extension and entry/permit to stay stamps that were in his old passport. And his TM6 departure card. Having those will smooth things out a little.

However it is done it will require him to leave the country and get a new visa.

Normally I would say to just buy a ticket and leave the country paying the fine at immigration on departure.

But with the length of time and a new passport it probably means a trip to immigration to sort all this out. Also he should have a lawyer with him when he goes. He is going to still need the 20,000 baht no matter what is done plus a ticket out of the country before going to immigration.

If he has the dcomumentation with him when he leaves he should be able to get a new ED visa at a nearby consulate.

he has all most all the photo copied page of his previous passport,

do you mean that he has to go to immigration first but he still need to leave the country to get new visa?

then what's the immigration trip for?

the school is trying to work something out to avoid the situation that he has to leave the country to do a new visa

is that possible at all?

though i knew 4 students before has the expired visa then paid 20,000 but then get their student visa re-newed in the immigration....

but they've got special connection...

so i wonder can the zimbabwean consolate help in this case?

also, what is the lawyer for?

Thank you so much though.

If the school can handle things he may be okay as far as getting anotehr extension but he will still need to pay the fines. But I suspect in his case he will have to leave and get a new visa.

He was in the country without his passport for well over a year and no police report saying it was lost. That is a violation of Thai law on top the overstay. If goes to immigration on his own they could very well but him in detention until he leaves.

If the school can handle things he may be okay as far as getting anotehr extension but he will still need to pay the fines. But I suspect in his case he will have to leave and get a new visa.

He was in the country without his passport for well over a year and no police report saying it was lost. That is a violation of Thai law on top the overstay. If goes to immigration on his own they could very well but him in detention until he leaves.

he did the police report after he realize he can't find his passport anymore.

so all this time he has thie police report with him.

i think the justification for the overstay is all this time he was waiting for his passport, without a passport he can't get a new visa nor extend the old one

though it's true that if he was better organized before,

it won't end up this urgent

What process did go through to get the new passport, The consulate should of been the starting point and they would of given him some kind of documentation that he could of taken to immigration then and prevented the overstay.

If he has some documentation from the consulate and the police report immigration will probably be more helpfull but there is no way now that he will be able to avoid the fine.

The rest will depend upon documentation from the school whether he gets an extension of stay or not (it won't be a visa). If he gets the extesnion then he will need a re-entry permit when he leaves.

If they refuse to give a long term extension they may give him a 7 day extension so he can leave the country. Then he could make a border run and get 15 days on entry. And then when he goes to Australia get a new visa while he is there.

The Embassy in KL is accredited in Thailand for Zimbabwe but it appears they were not informed and a new passport was somehow issued in Zimbabwe and hand carried by someone. Real or not I have no idea but it sure seems highly suspect.

ZIMBABWE

The Embassy of the Republic of Zimbabwe

Chancery: 124, Jalan Sembilan,

Taman Ampang Utama,

68000 Ampang,

Selangor Darul Ehsan,

Malaysia Tel: (603) 4251-6779

4251-6782

Fax: (603) 4251-7252

E-mail: [email protected]

Office Hours: 09.00 - 17.00 (Monday - Friday)

National Day: April 18, National Day (1980)

(Residence in Kuala Lumpur) H.E. Mr. Lucas Pande Tavaya

Designate

Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

Mrs. Christine Tavaya