Electronic Cigarette

yuliusagungp

I have been using the E cigarette on and off, due to the difference in using this product compared to a normal cigarette.

I tried the version that looks like a long cylinder with manual button, this is still the best replacement all around today I have found, since I also tried the automatic version looking like a cigarette, but this has a cut off so as you best sit there and puffing along, it shuts off and you have to wait 60 sec for it to be used again.

I then tried a E-Pipe, which I must say is the closest thing I got to real smoking, with the amount of vapor is creates and the flavor.. but it's not handy to carry around, it's a real life size pipe with a battery instead of tobacco.

I pick some up here in Thailand and the rest I got from China, but as far as I know it's currently illegal in Thailand to sell or posses a E-cig.. mostly since the health minister or some like that is also the single producer of nicotine chewing gum...

Any way, I like then and once I find a model that fits my smoking need I'm sure that I will quit.

Last time I smoked it for a longer time period, I get better airflow in my lungs, I got my sense of smell back (not always pleasant with open sewers in Bangkok) I could smell a dirty ashtray 2km away (We smokers really stink!!)

But with the problem of nice design / battery life, I'm still hunting the perfect one.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (missy1827 @ 2010-02-16 23:42:49) QUOTE (tomth @ 2010-02-04 23:45:06)

Thanks guys, MBK it is....Missy1827,

Have seen these in MBK, can't remember what floor, 3/4th i think.

On of those stalls that sell lighters, laser pens, chargers, keyrings, and various knick-knacks like that, u know the ones.

I'll be picking one up next time i'm up there, havn't seen any in samui.

Cheers.

Thanks again for info. Picked one up today, after quite a walk through the mall before finally finding one. (3rd fl) Paid 850 for the E-cigarette that comes with 10 cartridges + package of extra cartridges for 350 baht. Is that a fair price?

So do they work for you ? Please let me know

cheers rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=3193801:date=2009-12-10 12:24:37:name=canukbob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canukbob @ 2009-12-10 12:24:37) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3193801"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2788961:date=2009-06-07 16:52:15:name=TheAceFace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAceFace @ 2009-06-07 16:52:15) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2788961"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can these be bought in Thailand...if so where and how much?

Any success stories of people quitting using the E-smoke?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been using them for about 3 months and have reduced by 30 to 40% which is good for me I use to smoke 2 packs a day. Can buy them here in Pattaya for 950bht with 10 refills.

Refills can also be bought at 390bht for 10. Come in Medium or strong.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does the USB come for free?

Can someone tell me where to find these in Pattaya???

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Missy1827,

Have seen these in MBK, can't remember what floor, 3/4th i think.

On of those stalls that sell lighters, laser pens, chargers, keyrings, and various knick-knacks like that, u know the ones.

I'll be picking one up next time i'm up there, havn't seen any in samui.

Cheers.

Thanks again for info. Picked one up today, after quite a walk through the mall before finally finding one. (3rd fl) Paid 850 for the E-cigarette that comes with 10 cartridges + package of extra cartridges for 350 baht. Is that a fair price?

So do they work for you ? Please let me know

cheers :)

Bought them for my husband and he swears by them. He has cut down from almost 3 packs a day to 14 cigarettes a day. :rolleyes:

I bought one for my Mother who has been smoking 40+ years, along with the gum she has completely given up the cigarettes now and although she says she misses them will never go back to smoking.

it is well over 6 months now and still no sign of her cracking up.

before smoking to my Mum was the be all and end all, I could offer her a trip on the orient express but if it was no smoking she would turn it down.

try them, they are great!

My dad who is his 70's has been a smoker all his life. His doctor advised him to give up smoking as his health isn't so good. The doctor in the U.K was all for him using an E-cigarette. Early days yet but he has been able to cut out the ciggies altogther and if he really gets the urge then he uses the E-cig. He reckons it works so I'm gonna get him to send me one too.

• 4 weeks later...

Been using the e-cig now for 3 days and its great. I was smoking for 30 years and up until last week i was smoking 30 per day. My wife and daughter love that there's no smoke, smell and most of all that i'm not grumpy as previously when i tried to stop. The funny thing is that i hate the malboro flavoured juice and prefer the mint and vanilla. More flavours ordered for a try but although early days i think this could be the last of normal cigs for me. Even the mornings and after eating cravings are no problem with the e-cig.

• 1 month later...

Been using the e-cig now for 3 days and its great. I was smoking for 30 years and up until last week i was smoking 30 per day. My wife and daughter love that there's no smoke, smell and most of all that i'm not grumpy as previously when i tried to stop. The funny thing is that i hate the malboro flavoured juice and prefer the mint and vanilla. More flavours ordered for a try but although early days i think this could be the last of normal cigs for me. Even the mornings and after eating cravings are no problem with the e-cig.

Still not had a real cig and hate the smell of them now too? the english toffee and butterscotch are my favourite flavours at present at 15mg strength.

• 1 month later...

Yes I wish to quit smoking. Tell me some best idea to quit smoking. Can anyone say???

You just stop.

Put your cigarettes on the shelf and simply stop smoking.

If you can't stop yourself from doing something as dumb as sucking burning grass through a paper tube, then what can you do?

Kenny

(was 60 Camel plain a day for 20 years and after fxcking about a while, I just stopped, 25 years ago)

Hey guys, try to be a little more understanding, please.

Different people have different reactions to addiction, both physical and psychological (especially psychological). Cigarette addiction is said to be more difficult in some ways to break than heroin!

AussieKenny: It's great that you were able to quit "cold turkey", keep it up! Be careful though, I started when I was 13, smoked until I got married at 23, quit for 11 years until I got divorced, and have been on again, off again social smoking for the past five. I never thought I'd pick up another cigarette, and I felt the same way about quitting that you do, but I've since realised that "Once a smoker, always a smoker". It all comes down to your willpower and peer group. I fight the urge every time I go out drinking with friends who smoke. Again, congratulations on keeping off the cigarettes for so long, but be careful, it's easy to fall off the wagon!

IMA_FARANG: Feel lucky that you have never smoked! I always tell people who have never smoked that they made one of the best decisions of their lives, and that they should never, under any circumstances, start smoking. You carry it with you for the rest of your life. Even if you successfully quit, it's always there on some level, poking at you once your triggers are hit.

You should read the rest of this whole thread, an earlier poster described the e-cigarette. It does contain nicotene, (in some critiques, it contains too much), but you can purchase different strengths, which is why it is useful in slowly curbing the physical addiction. This is better than a regular cigarette because of the extra 400-4000 (? - just referencing another post in this thread) chemicals in a lit cigarette. The glycol is just a form of alcohol used to vaporize the nicotene, and is not the same as is used in antifreeze. There are many different types, Propylene, Butylene, Pentylene, Hexylene, and Caprylyl, to name a few.

Is an e-cigarette good for you? No, but I think it has to be looked at in comparison to a regular cigarette. This is what a recent study concluded: http://www.physorg.c...cigarettes.html

It is merely an aid to slowly wean a person off of nicotine, and the associated psychological addiction. This is why it still looks similar to a cigarette. The habit formed by "sticking that thing in your mouth" and holding on to it, is much harder to break than the physical addiction. You become used to having it in your hand, and especially if you have a nervous disposition, it gives you something to fidget with. I think the psychological aspect may be why so many people pick up smoking. It gives you something to do when you don't know what to do with you hands, (cue jokes here :rolleyes:), but you want to "seem" relaxed.

It's easy to criticise, but I think you guys should be more empathetic to these people who are trying to kick an awful habit.

-----Edit-------

I almost forgot,

OliverPludra: Where on Yaowarat did you find these? What cross road? Thanx!

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

last summer spend 2month in thailand and vaped nearly everywere; in plane`s, at suvannabhum, in trains, in malls of sh-centers, restaurants .....

it bothered nobody

and allways the same questions

- whats this

a new way to inhal

- where is the tobaco

there`s no tobaco only liquid

- where can i buy like this

mai saab ;-)

greets and happy vaping

arro

ps: http://thaiecigforum.com/forum/

UK No1 electroinc cigarette company now in Phuket Thailand CLICK HERE

Hey guys, try to be a little more understanding, please.

Different people have different reactions to addiction, both physical and psychological (especially psychological). Cigarette addiction is said to be more difficult in some ways to break than heroin!

AussieKenny: It's great that you were able to quit "cold turkey", keep it up! Be careful though, I started when I was 13, smoked until I got married at 23, quit for 11 years until I got divorced, and have been on again, off again social smoking for the past five. I never thought I'd pick up another cigarette, and I felt the same way about quitting that you do, but I've since realised that "Once a smoker, always a smoker". It all comes down to your willpower and peer group. I fight the urge every time I go out drinking with friends who smoke. Again, congratulations on keeping off the cigarettes for so long, but be careful, it's easy to fall off the wagon!

IMA_FARANG: Feel lucky that you have never smoked! I always tell people who have never smoked that they made one of the best decisions of their lives, and that they should never, under any circumstances, start smoking. You carry it with you for the rest of your life. Even if you successfully quit, it's always there on some level, poking at you once your triggers are hit.

You should read the rest of this whole thread, an earlier poster described the e-cigarette. It does contain nicotene, (in some critiques, it contains too much), but you can purchase different strengths, which is why it is useful in slowly curbing the physical addiction. This is better than a regular cigarette because of the extra 400-4000 (? - just referencing another post in this thread) chemicals in a lit cigarette. The glycol is just a form of alcohol used to vaporize the nicotene, and is not the same as is used in antifreeze. There are many different types, Propylene, Butylene, Pentylene, Hexylene, and Caprylyl, to name a few.

Is an e-cigarette good for you? No, but I think it has to be looked at in comparison to a regular cigarette. This is what a recent study concluded: http://www.physorg.c...cigarettes.html

It is merely an aid to slowly wean a person off of nicotine, and the associated psychological addiction. This is why it still looks similar to a cigarette. The habit formed by "sticking that thing in your mouth" and holding on to it, is much harder to break than the physical addiction. You become used to having it in your hand, and especially if you have a nervous disposition, it gives you something to fidget with. I think the psychological aspect may be why so many people pick up smoking. It gives you something to do when you don't know what to do with you hands, (cue jokes here :rolleyes:), but you want to "seem" relaxed.

It's easy to criticise, but I think you guys should be more empathetic to these people who are trying to kick an awful habit.

-----Edit-------

I almost forgot,

OliverPludra: Where on Yaowarat did you find these? What cross road? Thanx!

click here UK No 1 electronic cigarette in Thailand

GUYS DONT BUY THE E CIGARETTE IN BACK BOXES THAT SAY e health cigarette these are untested and contain dangerous chemicals , these are the ones that give the e cigarette the bad name

Can these be bought in Thailand...if so where and how much?

Any success stories of people quitting using the E-smoke?

I've been using them for about 3 months and have reduced by 30 to 40% which is good for me I use to smoke 2 packs a day. Can buy them here in Pattaya for 950bht with 10 refills.

Refills can also be bought at 390bht for 10. Come in Medium or strong.

Does the USB come for free?

:annoyed:

Well, I guess you are all smokers anyhow...so no great loss. I'm not a smoker (in case you're wondering).

My (uneducated) question is why you would bother to stick that thing in your mouth anyhow?

If it contains no Nicotene....if it's just hot air you're sucking in...then what the point? It can't look cool.

(Even for smokers just sucking in a breath of hot air seems rather a silly idea to me).

If it does contain Nicotene....then why not just stick with regular cigarettes?

And then there's the question of what exactly IS in them that you do inhale.

Did someone post something about Glycol in them? Isn't that also used in anti-freese? So I'm supposed to put anti-freese in a tube and inhale it, so I can stop smoking?

Sorry, but it doesn't sound that smart to me.

But then, like I said, I'm a non smoker.

If you are a smoker,and want to stop, then face the facts. You're addicted to Nicotene, and nothing but breaking that addiction will stop your smoking.

E cigarettes are just a cop out unless you really use them to quit smoking...not as a substitute for cigarettes.

Otherwise you're just fooling yourself.

:annoyed:

Being an ex-smoker who is a non-smoker now, I'd say your absolutely right mate!

CURRENTLY SMOKING????

Read allen carrs easy way to stop smoking for the win....and stop bs-ing yourself!

This topic title, like smoking tobacco is "deceptive"

Smoking is a method of getting a nicotine "fix"- you are a drug addict, that's the real problem.

So anything that says you'll stop smoking by replacement of the method of nicotine induction, is simply dancing around the real problem-SMOKERS ARE NICOTINE ADDICTS!

The mantra required to break free from the drug, is to stop using any form of nicotine- With a positive state of mind it won't be an agony to free yourself, you just need to know the reasons why you don't stop smoking!

Most of it is the negative mind state of the nicotine addict, which continues this dissent upon themselves....the nicotine addict need to learn to like themselves again, like when they did before they started!

2 months after stopping 99% of the problem is gone absolutely........but 1% in a negative mind is room for failure!

"So never take another puff"

-and don't sucker for gum or any other kind of NRT's it's the same......no craving lasts longer then 2 minutes, why throw success away for a moments weakness!

If someone sparks up a dart somewhere they shouldn't tell them..."hey buddy, I just stopped smoking, I am trying to get off nicotine addiction, can you do that somewhere else?"

They won't start a fight, because for starters they can't breath properly and would most definitely lose!

Stand up for your own freedom, don't be sheepish!

Nicotine, smoke free or not will still greatly increase your risk of a heart attack, never mind lung cancer or stokes.

Listen to your body and learn to like yourself as you should a healthy function human being, control your subliminal mind with your own conscientiousness.

• 1 month later...

I have recently bought one of the E-Health cigarettes and see on their website that you can buy drops (as someone else on this thread also mentions) to add to a used cartridge so that you can reuse it, which seems much more convenient than having to buy the cartridges and running around all over Bangkok to find them!

Does anyone know where these are available?

• 1 month later...

The e-cigarette is a brilliant invention. It delivers a bit of nicotine (non-tobacco) via a vapor. As the dangerous substances in cigarettes are from added chemicals plus toxins due to burning substances, the e-cigarette makes perfect sense. And of course it's being banned everywhere! You think the Tobacco Companies are about to allow them??

I recently had someone bring me a few bottles of Johnsons Tobacco Juice from America, where it is manufactured and guaranteed pure nicotine and glycerin - full stop. Excellent. As the N-joy and other e-cig companies state, they are not offering a cessation of smoking but rather a safe substitute.

I'd love to find out where these are available in Thailand - specifically Pattaya -and how firmly the laws against them are enforced.

When I researched the subject, the law in Thailand remains firm: E-cigarettes are illegal to import, use or sell in the Kingdom. Thus I am too paranoid to "vape up". How odd that tobacco cigarettes are not also banned....

The e-cigarette is a brilliant invention. It delivers a bit of nicotine (non-tobacco) via a vapor. As the dangerous substances in cigarettes are from added chemicals plus toxins due to burning substances, the e-cigarette makes perfect sense. And of course it's being banned everywhere! You think the Tobacco Companies are about to allow them??

I recently had someone bring me a few bottles of Johnsons Tobacco Juice from America, where it is manufactured and guaranteed pure nicotine and glycerin - full stop. Excellent. As the N-joy and other e-cig companies state, they are not offering a cessation of smoking but rather a safe substitute.

I'd love to find out where these are available in Thailand - specifically Pattaya -and how firmly the laws against them are enforced.

When I researched the subject, the law in Thailand remains firm: E-cigarettes are illegal to import, use or sell in the Kingdom. Thus I am too paranoid to "vape up". How odd that tobacco cigarettes are not also banned....

If you google ecig and Thailand and click on the first results you may find what you are looking for.

• 1 month later...

So much talk about ecig being bad, well I say... show me the study, show the proof! nobody seems to be able. The common reason given by Gov to ban ecig is that the sweet flavours (choc, banana, etc) might appeal to children and so get them addicted to the habit... Fine I say, then regulate the sale just like the traditional cigs and don't sell to children... what a lame excuse to ban a product that compared to traditional cigs is healthier. Everiyhing that's inside the ecig juice is also found in foods, there is of course a high concentration of nic but then nic on its own is not a health risk, in fact it has many medical benefits, besides, with ecigs YOU controll the amount of nic you want.

I tryed an ecig last December and haven't touched a regular cig since, i.e. I've been a non smoker for 7 months now, did it overnight with no effort at all... this must be good! As far as being addictive... well, I started with 18mlg nic juice, within a week I switched to 8mlg nic juice and now I only use nic juice for 1 hour in the morning, the rest of the day I vape ZERO nic juice... seems to me I'm reducing my addiction not continuing it and I feel good, the house doesn't stink and my pets don't run away! Try blowing a puff of smoke into the face of your dog then blow a puff of ecig vap, see the difference, that's your proof of which is harmful and which isn't.

I say to all these Govmts - WAKE UP! Stop thinking about tobacco revenue and give priority to a healthier population

There are two on the market that surpass anything, the Tornado mk2 and the screwdriver, look them both up on the internet. I've been using them for the past 6 months and found them exceptionaly reliable and do what they say

IMO the ones that look like a cigarettes, with a flashing light at the end are a waste of time, hardly work, no smoke, no kick, but thats my opinion. I bought these kinds before, gammuzi or something and another I cant remember, waste of money.

Plenty of Forums on the internet to study it on.

I buy from a company called totaly wicked.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/welcome.html

• 1 month later...

Well in our little shit hole of Krabi I found an "E cig" at Tesco's and, this was only 599 baht and 150 baht for a box with 10 cartridges in, never seen the other E cigs where you refill it yourself.

Bought it on Tuesday and happily sucking the thing when I feel like smoking, haven't touched a LM since Tuesday. So far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my e-cigarette here:

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1042&products_id=7376

I also buy the juice for refilling here (very economical):

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1075

the E510 model just looks like a real cigarette. I like the manual verson (more control over the amount of Nicotene inhaling)

thaisabai

Archived