California Wow, No Budged To Fix Broken Equipment?

Orita

Either California WOW has absolutely no budged to fix broken equipment, or its management just doesn't

care at all.

There is the Smith Machine out of order for one month, benches have ripped plastic covers, and cardio machines are not maintained. Rust covers the free weights.

With all the members they sign up daily, one really wonders what is going on. Could they be going bust?

Anyone knows something?

I didn't join there because the introductory tour was useless. Plus there seemed to be enough equipment for the whole of Chiang Mai, couldn't see how it was viable even 18 months ago before the recession started to bite, never saw that many people using it when I walked past.

There is massive investment in these places, they must be affected by the downturn like everyone else.

Either California WOW has absolutely no budged to fix broken equipment, or its management just doesn't

care at all.

There is the Smith Machine out of order for one month, benches have ripped plastic covers, and cardio machines are not maintained. Rust covers the free weights.

With all the members they sign up daily, one really wonders what is going on. Could they be going bust?

Anyone knows something?

Same problem here in Pattaya.At one point it started to work on my nerves so I went to the manager and asked him why he doesn't apply the same aggressive techniques their sales people use to their maintenance people.

He got bitchy to me and gave me some BS reasons and then said that I could always leave if I wanted so I told him that if he wanted it that way that I would start a topic on all the major forums in Thailand.

Surprisingly the majority of the broken equipment was fixed within the next 2 days.

Another scammy operation to het a lot of dough of Farangs and Thais who wannabe middle class.

I have been a member ever since they opened here in Chiang Mai. They have been overly aggressive trying to sign up new members, but overall the machines work. One or two machines broken out of a hundred is not really a problem. The cost is very reasonable once you become a lifetime member. Only 200 baht a year. So besides their marketing techniques which I don't like, I am satisfied.

There is definitely a large inflow of new members trying the services and then not sticking around. But in a way having new faces all the time is better than seeing the same faces over and over again year after year.

its a public listed company. what happened to all the capital?

They were "insured" by AIG and Bear Sterns "managed" their investments in mostly GM and Lehman bonds with a little Merrill and City stock.