Higher Percent Bis In Thailand?

In all the time I have been in Thailand there have been so many mates from back home asking me if I have started "batting for the other side". They generalize that blokes coming to Thailand like men and ladyboys.

How true is this generalization?

Does Thailand have a higher percentage of bisexual expat men than other countrys like Hong Kong, Spain, Norway?

I have been here a lot of years and now think that some acts performed by those half women half men would be accpetable for a red-blooded Aussie bloke like me. 10 years ago it would have shocked me.

Does living in Thailand a bloke?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In all the time I have been in Thailand there have been so many mates from back home asking me if I have started "batting for the other side". They generalize that blokes coming to Thailand like men and ladyboys.

Does Thailand have a higher percentage of bisexual expat men than other countrys like Hong Kong, Spain, Norway?

I have been here a lot of years and now think that some acts performed by those half women half men would be accpetable for a red-blooded Aussie bloke like me. 10 years ago it would have shocked me.

Interesting thread. can't wait for the replies.

The last paragraph is truly compelling. I suggest you go try it and report back.

The last paragraph is truly compelling. I suggest you go try it and report back.

This should be fun....Always thought all red-blooded Aussie blokes where a little light on the loafers anyway.. :)

James, it could be that he already has tried, but he's just trying to come to terms with it. :)

James, it could be that he already has tried, but he's just trying to come to terms with it. :)

Thought of that too, nothing like coming to the TV Confessional first thing on a Monday morning. :D

Thought of that too, nothing like coming to the TV Confessional first thing on a Monday morning. :D

Guess OP just had a "very good" weekend :D

But back to OP's question if there are more bisexual expats here than HK, SP etc? Probably as those countries don't have a reputation as such and therefore will attract less bi-men. Same for Ibiza attracts more gay men for the gay party scene?

I don't think it's true although I do believe a lot of guys might give it a try. Ladyboys that is.

No one I know 'back home' even thinks of Ladyboys and homosexuality here. They all seem to think we are dirty old men for coming here to shag all the sexy young ladies.

Does Thailand change a bloke? Into a queer? No!!

I still love getting my rocks off with a woman. Cannot get the juice if it is a Ladyboy !!!! :)

ewww.

I mean, jeez, that's just nasty.

Look at this way OP, now you can say that you have really taken it in the rear (both figuratively and litterly) from a local. Nothing to be ashamed of really. I hear it doesn't hurt as much if look at this way. Perhaps, just, overtime you will learn to enjoy it.

What was the Madonna lyric, something about the person that gives you pain can take it all away again. Reminds me of my ex. I real pain in the ass until such a time I booted her out.

Edited by bkkjames

Are you for real? Or is this just a troll? I can't believe anyone could be so naive.

The short answer is no. You are either bi, gay, transexual or heterosexual. End of story. You choose. Most Thais are fairly tolerant of people's sexuality and that is why it is so obvious in the bar areas.

reminds me of joke.

two not so bright 25 year old expats are sitting in this pub and they see this attractive female over at the bar, all alone.

one guy gets up the courage to go introduce himself. while doing so, she stops him and says, "I am a lesbian""

"what does that mean," he states

she replies, "You see that cute girl on the other side of the bar? Well I would like to go over there and lic* her entire body for hours"

with that, he heads back over to where is mate is.

"So, how did it go," says his mate in anticipation

He replies, "I think I am a lesbian"

Its a question i probably shouldn't answer but ....

Yes, this question has been asked too me by men and women back home in blighty. Along with all narrow minded people who think all Thai women are Bg's these are the same people who automatically question your sexuality because you happen to like living in Thailand.

This has been my experience.

Now for my experiences in LoS me and my mates have trodden the dark side a few times with LB's not all the way but a bit of fondling and canoodling on crazy nights out in Bkk. This was a few years ago when there was a ferral pack of us hel_l bent on living living out the song "One night in Bangkok"

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble

Can't be too careful with your company

I can feel the devil walking next to me

None of us "bat for the otherside" but did dabble for an experiment.... no harm done and a new life experience.

Probably more gays concentrated in a smaller area than alot of countries ie soi 4 Silom which tilts the perception of more gays but probably not, but it is more acceptable here and any given day walking around you can spot gay men in shopping malls.

PS.

To the old farang with his arm around the young Thai boy in Central Pinklao yesterday! if you are reading this. OY NO! leave it at home and get a room...Not in public pur lease!

Its a question i probably shouldn't answer but ....

Yes, this question has been asked too me by men and women back home in blighty. Along with all narrow minded people who think all Thai women are Bg's these are the same people who automatically question your sexuality because you happen to like living in Thailand.

This has been my experience.

Now for my experiences in LoS me and my mates have trodden the dark side a few times with LB's not all the way but a bit of fondling and canoodling on crazy nights out in Bkk. This was a few years ago when there was a ferral pack of us hel_l bent on living living out the song "One night in Bangkok"

None of us "bat for the otherside" but did dabble for an experiment.... no harm done and a new life experience.

Probably more gays concentrated in a smaller area than alot of countries ie soi 4 Silom which tilts the perception of more gays but probably not, but it is more acceptable here and any given day walking around you can spot gay men in shopping malls.

PS.

To the old farang with his arm around the young Thai boy in Central Pinklao yesterday! if you are reading this. OY NO! leave it at home and get a room...Not in public pur lease!

I am sure he was just taking the lad out for some ice cream :)

Now for my experiences in LoS me and my mates have trodden the dark side a few times with LB's not all the way but a bit of fondling and canoodling on crazy nights out in Bkk.

Dude, you're like TOTALLY gay.

This thread is about bisexualists.

Edited by polecat

This was a few years ago when there was a ferral pack of us hel_l bent on living living out the song "One night in Bangkok"

This song was about a chess tournament.

The first few times coming here I received all the jokes back home from the lads who have not been.Ladyboy that ladyboy this.People will read things for the first time about Thailand and stick with it.

I have always been a bit suspicious about 2 of the lads whilst visiting Chang Mai.They never did tell me what happened(8 yrs ago).Like Sanook, they probably had a little dabble too.....GAY,NO,THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T KISS. :)

It's not gay going with ladyboys - gays don't like them.

I'd say that it some kind of perversion, like liking bearded women, dwarves, or other freaks of nature.

I'd say that I've become a lot more accepting of gay people since being here - less homophobic, but never wanted to join them.

One exception is that if you are drunk - of course I, like many drunks(ex) made a mistake or two :)

Edited by Neeranam

Now for my experiences in LoS me and my mates have trodden the dark side a few times with LB's not all the way but a bit of fondling and canoodling on crazy nights out in Bkk.

Dude, you're like TOTALLY gay.

This thread is about bisexualists.

:D At my last place of work for some reason all of us hairy arsed blokes used to go around goosing each other and calling each other darling :)

Thailand will bring the gayness out in someone but it can't turn you..you are or you are not..is there a middle ground?

Just for the record.

I am still a world champion as i have never been defeated in the ring! :D

I'd say that it some kind of perversion, like liking bearded women, dwarves, or other freaks of nature.

I never realized that intimate contact with a little person is a perversion or that they were "freaks," for that matter.

One exception is that if you are drunk - of course I, like many drunks(ex) made a mistake or two :D

:):D

I like this exception as the get out of jail card! i'm off the hook then as i'm in good company. Neeranam:P

I never realized that intimate contact with a little person is a perversion or that they were "freaks," for that matter.

It depends how little I suppose - but being attracted to the following would no be normal.

post-11421-1244446397_thumb.jpg

I'd say that I've become a lot more accepting of gay people since being here - less homophobic, but never wanted to join them.

One exception is that if you are drunk - of course I, like many drunks(ex) made a mistake or two :)

Hit the nail one the head.

Only joined them for a drink or 2 :D

It depends how little I suppose - but being attracted to the following would no be normal.

post-11421-1244446397_thumb.jpg

Dude thats not right. Thats gonna give me nightmares. Where the hel_l did you dig that up from.

Now I know Neeranam is a sick twisted person :)

Love it mate

Hit the nail one the head.

Only joined them for a drink or 2 :D

I often drank with gay people, I mean I made mistakes with ladyboys- a big difference. Any heavy drinker or alcoholic that says he hasn't after living here for years is a liar.