Green Book Issue

glasshock

Im looking at buying an "elderly" motorbike. The green book is supplied with the bike but it is not in the sellers name. Can this be rectified fairly simply if I have a bill of sale from the seller or, must I track down the originally named owner to be able to change the book. I intend to ship the bike at a later date to the UK and as such this issue could, I feel be a problem.

The bike is currently taxed and insured so the use here in this country isnt really an issue.

Maybe tea money in the appropriate pot may help? :)

Any thoughts gang?

Thanks.

:D

Sorry if the answer is held within previous posts!

Im looking at buying an "elderly" motorbike. The green book is supplied with the bike but it is not in the sellers name. Can this be rectified fairly simply if I have a bill of sale from the seller or, must I track down the originally named owner to be able to change the book. I intend to ship the bike at a later date to the UK and as such this issue could, I feel be a problem.

The bike is currently taxed and insured so the use here in this country isnt really an issue.

Maybe tea money in the appropriate pot may help? :)

Any thoughts gang?

Thanks.

:D

Sorry if the answer is held within previous posts!

Hi there,

If you got the Thai sales agreement signed by the Named person in the green book and have signed copy of the passport and residency status ( tabien baan or yellow tabien) than you will not have a problem .

Hope that helps,

mbox

Edited by mbox

Even though the previous owner did not register the car in his/her name they should have the bill of sale from the owner who's name is in the green book. Take that and the person you bought it from to the transportation office.

Take Green Book to your local Dept of transport and get page 18 checked,this page contain's all relevent stamp's for dutie's,taxe's paid or not,also can trace history of bike,cost about 500thb but money well spent.

If seller refuse's to this walk away.

Good thing's come to those who wait. :)

You need the sellers signatures, copy of ID, etc etc etc and if Farang CURRENT visa stamp..

If its stuck in someones name it can be fixed by bent officials for small fees.. But highly buyer beware.. Price accordingly.

If the book is not in the sellers name then by rights they cannot sell it. Only the person wos name is in the book can sell it. If it is taxed and insured though and you intend to send it to the UK I cannot see you having a problem unless the person named on the book appears by magic just after you have parted with your cash and demands their bike back ! Find out why the person selling it is not on the book and if you do decide to go ahead then get this in writing. :)