Fresh Jalapeños

Tired of Thai Chilli??

I have found jalapeños in Makro, halfway between the bell peppers and the shittake mushrooms (not among the chillies).

The call them Mexican chilli, costs 69 baht/kg.

A crude method of determining the heat level of jalapeño is to visually observe the number of scars present on the skin.

Laboratory analysis of the above peppers showed them to have an average Scoville scale of 1980, 2350, 3620, 4450, and 7700 from the top pepper to the bottom.

source wikipedia

Edited by PoorSucker

Tired of Thai Chilli??

I have found jalapeños in Makro, halfway between the bell peppers and the shittake mushrooms (not among the chillies).

A crude method of determining the heat level of jalapeño is to visually observe the number of scars present on the skin.

Laboratory analysis of the above peppers showed them to have an average Scoville scale of 1980, 2350, 3620, 4450, and 7700 from the top pepper to the bottom.

source wikipedia

I buy them pckled in the jars from Macro, whole or sliced,they are nice too.

Ahh, the mild ones.

Try the fresh ones, pick a mild one for you and a hot one for your wife for a contest eating. (see pic above)

I did. :):D :D

Tired of Thai Chilli??

source wikipedia

I got those too. 2/3 kg cans, whole mild or sliced hot. Very good! (I use it for a special hot pizza, with a hot italian pepperoni salame)