Cheap Transportation From Phuket Airport To Kata Beach

universe2000

What is the cheapest way to get from the Phuket Airport to Kata Beach (other than walking).

I heard there is a bus to Phuket town. From there I can take a tuk-tuk? I heard the taxi's are expensive.

I will fly from Bangkok to Phuket since flight and hotel prices seem to be dropping. It seems like a good time for a cheap vacation.

Thanks

I heard there is a bus to Phuket town. From there I can take a tuk-tuk? I heard the taxi's are expensive.
My guess: the Tuk-Tuk from Phuket City to Karon will be more expensive than a Meter Taxi from the Airport to Karon.

(Do people ever search the forum before they ask questions?) :)

My guess: the Tuk-Tuk from Phuket City to Karon will be more expensive than a Meter Taxi from the Airport to Karon.

(Do people ever search the forum before they ask questions?) :)

I agree with universe2000. Just get a yellow taxi meter. Not worth the effort trying to save 50 baht.

The cheapest method is the shared-ride van. Can't recall the exact price, but maybe THB 150? It may also take you hours to get where you are going since they drop people off as they go along. In other words, there's no van going straight to Kata--it will likely drop people in Patong, Karon, etc. first.

IMO, it's worth the extra money to take a metered taxi as opposed to untold hours in the van or the hassle of riding the bus to Phuket City and then getting a motorcycle taxi or similar to Kata.

Edited by mfiskong

The question has been well answered (yet again). Cheapest way is the public airport bus to Phuket Town and then the public bus to Kata, expect to take nearly 2 hours. Slightly more expensive would be a shared airport minibus for about 150 baht, take over an hour. Meter taxi about 400 baht take 40 minutes. Airport taxi 650 baht.

Some members now making heated comments, which have been deleted. topic now :)