...put Away Wet!

Apologies if I am being redundant. I tried to find a post specific to my issue but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. While visiting here in Thailand once again, my US Passport went through the wash. While the Passport itself and the Thai embassy stamp is still quite legible, the dates in the stamp are not. I'll be leaving in 11 days and want to make sure that I am in compliance and have no problems upon exiting. Any advice or information on this circumstance is appreciated. I suspect that I will need to provide proof of entry to the local Immigration office but will an Orbitz itinerary do? Any idea where the office is located as I've heard that it may have recently been relocated.

Thanks!

Is your TM6 departure card still legable or intact?

Your original entry will be in immigrations computer if they cannot read your entry and permit to stay stamps.

Immigration has not moved yet.

Is your TM6 departure card still legable or intact?

Your original entry will be in immigrations computer if they cannot read your entry and permit to stay stamps.

Immigration has not moved yet.

The card is still intact. and the number is clearly visible. I kind of thought they might have had the proof on file but wanted to make sure that I wasn't out of compliance and that if anything is needed to be done I figure that now is the time to get it done.

It may not be damaged... my old passport went through the wash and I still used it for a few more years in and out of multiple countries without a problem.

I would advise going down to immigration and ask for their help. If you have copies of the pages of your passport then the process is super easy and they can definately help you.

If not, it willbe much more difficult to find you in their system and the outcome could be less certain, but I am sure they will try to assist.

It may not be damaged... my old passport went through the wash and I still used it for a few more years in and out of multiple countries without a problem.

I would advise going down to immigration and ask for their help. If you have copies of the pages of your passport then the process is super easy and they can definately help you.

If not, it willbe much more difficult to find you in their system and the outcome could be less certain, but I am sure they will try to assist.

Are US passports washable?

Are US passports washable?

Yes - but you are not allowed to iron them. :)

I washed mine a couple years ago and pressed it under a stack of books and bricks overnight. That took out some of the wrinkles. I continued to use it for a year or two and no officials ever made any remarks about it's condition.