A Dogs Tale

ErikD

Our lovely dog (Lucy) was the third dog of ours (all family pets) in a month to die we believe of poisoning ; I asked a friend what to do with the body.

He advised me to go to the vet at Soi Neurn Plub Warn.

After that advice I first went to our own vet which is nearer, thinking they would have a similar disposal service.

I went in and said I had a dead dog in the back of the car and asked if they could do something with it.

They all discussed the matter and went to the car with a cardboard box. I didn't really want to look but saw in the corner of my eye how 1 person lifted the body by the four legs and folded it into the box.

Then the box went back into the back of the pick-up and I got the advice to "dig hole".

I did not get into a discussion, but instead got back into the car and off to Neurn Plub Warn.

The proceedings started the same. I went in and said I had a dead dog in the back of the car and asked if they could do the appropriate thing with it.

The receptionist went to the car and took the box out.

Then they took it in to the back of the veterinary.

I was waiting for a bill at the reception when the vet came out and started talking to the receptionist and disappeared again.

When she came back she asked what happened and I told her that the dog was poisoned. Then she said that I should have come earlier.

I told her that there was no time for that, it all happened too quickly.

And then she said: "Well you can take her home now, I am sorry to say but your dog is dead".

And that was it for me and I said: "You people are really starting to piss me off. Do you think that I would come with a living dog folded in a box for medical treatment?”

Any way they asked me what her weight the dog was and I, realizing this cremating business is obviously charged by the kilo, said she was about 1 kilo.

They didn't believe me and charged me for 9 kilos which I paid without further comment.

Thanks for the laugh with your closing lines there.

Sorry to hear about your pets, do you have any idea who might be poising your animals, lowlifes that do that really give me the irrits. :)

How expensive was the cremation service?

Our lovely dog (Lucy) was the third dog of ours (all family pets) in a month to die we believe of poisoning ; I asked a friend what to do with the body.

After that advice I first went to our own vet which is nearer, thinking they would have a similar disposal service.

I went in and said I had a dead dog in the back of the car and asked if they could do something with it.

They all discussed the matter and went to the car with a cardboard box. I didn't really want to look but saw in the corner of my eye how 1 person lifted the body by the four legs and folded it into the box.

Then the box went back into the back of the pick-up and I got the advice to "dig hole".

I did not get into a discussion, but instead got back into the car and off to Neurn Plub Warn.

The proceedings started the same. I went in and said I had a dead dog in the back of the car and asked if they could do the appropriate thing with it.

I was waiting for a bill at the reception when the vet came out and started talking to the receptionist and disappeared again.

When she came back she asked what happened and I told her that the dog was poisoned. Then she said that I should have come earlier.

And then she said: "Well you can take her home now, I am sorry to say but your dog is dead".

And that was it for me and I said: "You people are really starting to piss me off. Do you think that I would come with a living dog folded in a box for medical treatment?”

Any way they asked me what her weight the dog was and I, realizing this cremating business is obviously charged by the kilo, said she was about 1 kilo.

They didn't believe me and charged me for 9 kilos which I paid without further comment.

That vets have a large cage weighing scale near the door. Why didn't they just weigh it?

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I have had a couple of bad experiences with that vets myself and will not be returning there. :)

Why do you think they were poisened????

Sorry to here about your loss but 3 dogs in a month.May i ask how many you have left,as this may be the problem.Do you think its someone who hates your dogs due to problems in the past or just a nutter doing this.Maybe you should have asked the vet for some advise as there could be soemthing they are eating and dying from this.

Thanks for the laugh with your closing lines there.

Sorry to hear about your pets, do you have any idea who might be poising your animals, lowlifes that do that really give me the irrits. :)

How expensive was the cremation service?

I don't know who or what killed them. It might be rat poison, it might be a snake, it might be nasty lowlife.

It is strange that there are many other dogs around and none of them seem to have died.

The cremation service was 280 THB.

And that was it for me and I said: "You people are really starting to piss me off. Do you think that I would come with a living dog folded in a box for medical treatment?"

That vets have a large cage weighing scale near the door. Why didn't they just weigh it?

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I have had a couple of bad experiences with that vets myself and will not be returning there. :)

I don't think they wanted to walk around the veterinary with a dead dog with blood still running out of her nose and put it on a weighing scale.

In the meantime I won't be returning there with a living animal as well.

The previous poisoned dog was completely incorrectly diagnosed and that cost us 2,800 THB.

Their cremation service seems much cheaper. Perhaps a larger turnover.

Edited by ErikD

They all discussed the matter and went to the car with a cardboard box.

"Well you can take her home now, I am sorry to say but your dog is dead".

Sorry to hear about you dog i was gutted when mine died as a kid ..... but the above line is a classic.

And that was it for me and I said: "You people are really starting to piss me off. Do you think that I would come with a living dog folded in a box for medical treatment?"

I don't think they wanted to walk around the veterinary with a dead dog with blood still running out of her nose and put it on a weighing scale.

In the meantime I won't be returning there with a living animal as well.

The previous poisoned dog was completely incorrectly diagnosed and that cost us 2,800 THB.

Their cremation service seems much cheaper. Perhaps a larger turnover.

You did say the dog was in a box, So I just thought they could have placed the box on the weighing scales since the weight seemed to be an issue with people trying to guess how heavy it was.

Sorry to hear of your loss - I know how you feel.

The cremation was reasonable, I had to pay a lot more than that a few years ago for my Boxer dog.

My Boxer's in here :)

smallmax.jpg

Thanks for the reply Erik....280 baht is extremely cheap, still you'd be better off if you didnt have to use that service too often.

Wow endure, old Max departed some 17 years ago & you still have his ashes handy for a quick photosnap. Alot of people don't understand 'dog people' & when they depart how hard it can be. Its good you can keep a part of max with you. Out of interest, what sort of $$$ did you part with to have max creamated all that time ago, I am sure it wasnt a common thing back then, I recall my beloved old dog was burried under a tree, with the old house gone now, hes probably been long dug up. :D

Probably I'll get killed over this, but after reading posts about pets, dogs, cats, poissoned, killed and all the suffering that goes along, I just think..........nothing.

I just can't imagine that people burry or even cremate their pets and keep the ashes in their homes. I can't imagine that people keep pets anyway.

Sure, I hate pets.

Sure, pets are annoying.

Sure, I won't harm them.

Sure, I don't understand pets and their 'bosses'.

I have some friends who happen to have cats.......it's always something with these beasts, cost a fortune on vets, and they'll die anyway. They're treated as children and they even sometimes called that way......our children.

Ok, I respect my friends, but I also have my doubts on the "having pets intentions".

Probably I'll get killed over this, but after reading posts about pets, dogs, cats, poissoned, killed and all the suffering that goes along, I just think..........nothing.

I just can't imagine that people burry or even cremate their pets and keep the ashes in their homes. I can't imagine that people keep pets anyway.

Sure, I hate pets.

Sure, pets are annoying.

Sure, I won't harm them.

I have some friends who happen to have cats.......it's always something with these beasts, cost a fortune on vets, and they'll die anyway. They're treated as children and they even sometimes called that way......our children.

Ok, I respect my friends, but I also have my doubts on the "having pets intentions".

Sure, you felt the need to reply to a post that means "nothing" to you. :)

The cremation was reasonable, I had to pay a lot more than that a few years ago for my Boxer dog.

smallmax.jpg

That's a lovely place for your Boxer's remains.

I had my Boxer dog flown over here from the UK, he was in perfect health, then got sick with a brain tumour.

So I burried half of the ashes in his big garden where he use to run around back in the UK, and I kept the other half here in Pattaya, in my cupboard in a nice brass container. This way, I feel a little closer to him, he was my best friend - RIP Ickey. :D

Sure, I hate pets.

Sure, pets are annoying.

Sure, I won't harm them.

I don't know why you read this post, and I dont know why you contributed to it. :)

smallmax.jpg

Thanks for the reply Erik....280 baht is extremely cheap, still you'd be better off if you didnt have to use that service too often.

Wow endure, old Max departed some 17 years ago & you still have his ashes handy for a quick photosnap. Alot of people don't understand 'dog people' & when they depart how hard it can be. Its good you can keep a part of max with you. Out of interest, what sort of $$$ did you part with to have max creamated all that time ago, I am sure it wasnt a common thing back then, I recall my beloved old dog was burried under a tree, with the old house gone now, hes probably been long dug up. :D

It's that long ago I can't remember. The vet came to our house to put Max down (he had an incurable brain tumour) and he took the body away. A couple of weeks later we got the ashes back through the post.

Sure, I hate pets.

Sure, pets are annoying.

Sure, I won't harm them.

Surely animals must be interesting enough for you to even click on this thread and waste your time writing your useless reply, though?

I just can't imagine that people burry or even cremate their pets

So what do you expect people to do, Throw them in the trash? Hope you get the same treatment one day.

Edited by Meg_2003