Nong Khai Immigration-2 Or 3 Months?

Hi everybody. First time poster with a question so any help that you could give me would be extremely appreciated. I'm currently on a yearly extension of a non-B and have previously extended using my wife's salary. I know the regulations have changed and I need to have 400k baht in my bank account this year instead of using the wife's salary option. My question is does anybody know if Nong Khai (my local immigration office) are asking for the money to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months prior to extension because after reading this forum it seems that the actual rules say 2 months but some offices are asking for 3. For various reasons I can get the money transferred 2 months prior to extension but not 3. If Nong Khai are asking for 3 months would it be possible to extend my current visa for, say 1 or 2 months (meaning the money would have been in the bank for the minimum 3 months they want) and then extend it for a full year using the same visa or would I have to leave the country and get a new 3 month visa? Thanks for any advise you can give

Edited by mca

Not sure if they are asking for 2 or 3 months. I don't recall any reports about it.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife, No money needs to be shown just your mariiage certificate, wifes house book and ID card.

Thanks ubonjoe. After that 60 day extension can I extend again for all full year in country with all the necessary paperwork (400k in bank etc) or is it a "one time only" extension and then I have to leave the country and get a new visa?

In talking with friends over the years in that area, it don't really matter so long as the money is in a Thai Bank, your name when you apply for the extension, again this is per con with friends in the area over the years, best you to just skip on that office in Nong Khai and ask them Up close and personal with A big OLD Thai smile on your face :):D

I would assume the Rule on lump some applies same as for Retirement Visa, but tongue in cheek.

IE Money in bank for 3 months (Thai Savings Account) Must be in bank for at least 3 months before application. The bank must issue a letter of Verification (Bank Statement) verifying balance. Bank statement must be issued same day as you make your application. Copies of all pages of Savings Account pass book. Money must be in Thai bank and transferred from account abroad.

Read this link from my Topic there are copies of the Police Law clearly stating the rules for marry visa if this helps and they are current as far as Issan Lawyers are aware.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2777196

Thanks mac. Looking at the PDF file it says that the money must be in for 2 months so hopefully there won't

be a different interpretation of the rules in Nong Khai. I say hopefully because when I extended using my wife's salary NK insisted on a letter in Thai and English from her employer stating her salary which wasn't in the regulations but they still wanted it.

1. There is the 60 day extension available one time (that specific extension) to visit wife. You could then continue annual extensions meeting the current requirements.

2. There is also provision for discressionary use of last years criteria this year only to allow persons who are not aware of the change to meet requirements.

3. The current rules are 777/2551 and they say nothing about source of funds or bank letter having to be done on day of application. For marriage the rule clearly states two months not three. Although I personally believe it was intended to be the same as retirement - two months first time and three month after that.

Thanks ubonjoe. After that 60 day extension can I extend again for all full year in country with all the necessary paperwork (400k in bank etc) or is it a "one time only" extension and then I have to leave the country and get a new visa?

You can get the extension and then apply within the last 30 days of it for your extension without a problem. Immigration has even been known to do these without it being asked for when a person is short on the time for the money in the bank.

Thanks very much to all for taking the time to reply. You've set my mind at ease. One final question please to make sure I'm all clear lopburi or ubonjoe. Apologies for my ignorance!

If I go with the money in for 2 months and for some reason they want 3 I can get then the 60 day extension, go back a month later when the money has been in at least 3 months and then extend using the my original visa which I've been extending annually for 9 years. No need to leave the country and get a new visa and start the process all over again. Is that correct? Thanks.

Edited by mca

Thanks very much to all for taking the time to reply. You've set my mind at ease. One final question please to make sure I'm all clear lopburi

If I go with the money in for 2 months and for some reason they want 3 I can get then the 60 day extension, go back a month later when the money has been in at least 3 months and then extend using the my original visa which I've been extending annually for 9 years. No need to leave the country and get a new visa and start the process all over again. Is that correct? Thanks.

Correct. Your original Visa expired years ago. You have been extending your stay not your Visa. :)

IE Money in bank for 3 months (Thai Savings Account) Must be in bank for at least 3 months before application. The bank must issue a letter of Verification (Bank Statement) verifying balance. Bank statement must be issued same day as you make your application. Copies of all pages of Savings Account pass book. Money must be in Thai bank and transferred from account abroad

I do have an ins and out account where I do tx cash in via swift which would satisfy living expenses

However....

I have been told that money in bank (400,000 or 800,000 or amount for combination of cash & pension) does not have to come from abroad???

Any Advise Please.

Edited by Tafia

Money doesn't have to be from abroad.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html

2.18 Marriage:

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

retirement

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

No mentioning it has to be from abroad.

The below list is what Nong Khai Immigration gave me this relates to Retirement Visa

Be advised to bring original and two copies of each document mentioned below, though if it 's a letter to the Immigration

Officer the original document plus one copy.

o Extension application form (TM.7) in filled form, complete with picture.

1. Photo copies of passport or travel document (Complete with copy of all pages that has anything to do with the

current visa, re-entry visa 's arrival stamp 's and current TM.6 slip etc.) Original Passport Book need to be shown

too.

2. Valid visa, category NON-IMMIGRANT "O" (This Visa can only be obtained from a Thai embassy or consulate,

outside the Kingdom of Thailand)

3. Applicant 's age must be 50 years or more.

4. In case of having monthly income. Applicant must provide evidence of a monthly income with a minimum of

65,000 Thai Baht. This evidence must include a letter of certification issued by the Embassy / Consulate of which

applicant hold citizenship. (Embassy / Consulate stamp need to verified by Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Consular Department at Chaeng Wattana Road, BKK) Income could be pension, interest, investment pay-off etc.

(Evidence and letters etc. only accepted in English and / or Thai, all other languages must be translated and

verified)

5. In case of having a saving deposit account in a bank with in Thailand. The available balance must be at least

800,000 Thai Baht, and has to be in your bank account for at least 3 months before your visa renewal.

6' The Bank must issue a letter of verification (Bank Statement), stating the current balance of the saving deposit

account.(Bank statements should be made he same as application or visa extension s submitted)Copies of all

pages of Saving Deposit Account Passport Book.(Note; money must be in a Thai Bank, and transferred into the

account from abroad.)

'7. In case of having both monthly income and saving deposit account. Total sum of monthly income multiplied by 12

(Year Income) plus the current balance on Saving Deposit Account, must be at least 800,000 Thai Baht. (Evidence

as mentioned in paragraph 4 & 6 must be provided too. )

8. One photo size 4 x 6 cm. Full face photo taken within the past 6 months.

9. Copy of House Registration Book, for the house applicant reside in. (Bring original book too.)

10. Application for extension is 1,900 Baht.

11. Other needed documents as informed by Immigration Officer.

Note: When living in Thailand on Retirement Visa, employment is prohibited.

Edited by macb

Thank you for giving this list, which is what all offices seem to want.

However, I have never heard of an immigration office asking a embassy letter to be legalised bij the Thai Foreign Ministry. I doubt they actualy enforce that in Nong Kai. If someone has different experiences it would be welcome.

The income can also be from within Thailand and then has to be shown with tax documents.

Thank you for giving this list, which is what all offices seem to want.

However, I have never heard of an immigration office asking a embassy letter to be legalised bij the Thai Foreign Ministry. I doubt they actualy enforce that in Nong Kai. If someone has different experiences it would be welcome.

The income can also be from within Thailand and then has to be shown with tax documents.

There is a Resume of my renewal in my Letter of Guarantee topic:

No they never queried my letter of Guarantee with ref to MFA, the only thing they briefly checked was my copies of passport , the real interest was my letter of Guarantee and yearly income. As mentioned in my other Topic they on this day 15.06.2009 used the exchange rate 53 baht to GPB from a list in her draw

This from immigration bureau order 305 Supporting Documents for Consideration of an Alien’s Application

for a Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Clause 2.18 Marriage or having a Thai child.

5. Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook, or attach documents proving that the parents or alien husband earns an average monthly income of no less than Baht 40,000 throughout the year, such as any particular individual income tax return together with payment receipt, evidence of receiving retirement pension, evidence of receiving interest from funds deposit, or evidence of having other funds issued by the relevant agency..

Clause 2.22.in case of retirement.

1. Application form 2. Copy of applicant’s passport 3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or 4. Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook 5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

Neither mention of proof that funds were transferd from abroad.

Source: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a77473-.html

I went to NK immigration for my 90 day report yesterday and they confirmed that in the case of being married to a Thai wife the 400k baht for an extension has to be in the bank 2 months prior to the extension application. Hope this helps some folks.

lists are nice. They make you feel comfy.

They mean nothing if the immi officer gets a hair on for you.

I'm not angry or bitter, but I've been dealing with the Nong Khai office for quite a while.

Listen to a mere poster when I say be prepared for anything.

I know this site is called THAI VISA, and their forte is visa issues -- but the law means nothing to you when some rouge assifer demands some garbage that ain't on their list.

Be prepared for it. The advice you'll get here is 50-50. Better than nothing, but not always how it pans out.

Edited by Texpat

lists are nice. They make you feel comfy.

They mean nothing if the immi officer gets a hair on for you.

I'm not angry or bitter, but I've been dealing with the Nong Khai office for quite a while.

Listen to a mere poster when I say be prepared for anything.

I know this site is called THAI VISA, and their forte is visa issues -- but the law means nothing to you when some rouge assifer demands some garbage that ain't on their list.

Be prepared for it. The advice you'll get here is 50-50. Better than nothing, but not always how it pans out.

Nothing personal towards your post Tp but in general terms this should read....

Ditto for ALL Immigration Offices not just our local N.Khai office.

I,d like to add that a lot is dependant on the attitude of the applicant in lots of cases who wind the officers up, then the non

co-operative mode kicks in towards those who have to go next.

Sadly at present there is still a certain non friendly type overseeeing the above office and it,s friendly officers.

( going on feed back that is a couple of days ago )

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags