How do i know if i am png?

Homesick

I was arrested and given a small bond and let out of

jail for a Minor marijuana offense (6 grams posession).

I left the country as I still had my passport and of course

never showed up in court to pay the fine (was told it would

be a 1500 baht approx. fine) as I would have been

deported which would have meant Immigration Jail til

deportation. How can I find out if I would be Safe to

return to Thailand? Just apply for a tourist Visa?

It's been 5 years and I'm Homesick for my favorite

surfing spot at Patong Beach. Bet it's crowded with

surfers now.

• Like 2

:o I don't know about the visa problem you have but I can tell you that Patong beach is great but I would never swim in the water again.I swam in the water 2 times and each time after getting out i felt like I had a slim on me .The water is very polluted with all the jet skis ,ski boats and sewer being dumped in the bay dalily.It truely is a shame to see such a wonderfull place being ruined.
  • Like 1

When you apply for visa in your own country nothing will show up as it's usually just a small office and done on the spot. When you show up at immig. in BKK. or Phuket your name may or if your lucky not show up as being on the lam. Awfull risky. Should of paid the small fine. Not sure you would of been deported on small offence. Go to police site and see if you can plead guily in absence and pay fine.

you probably missed your chance of returning by skipping the court and fine. but you did a good job avoiding the immigration prison, its a hellhole. And you would have gotten deported over that amount, ive spoken to people who have done for less.

id also like to know if i am on png list, so if you find a way of finding out, let me know

take it easy

S

Some info from the excellent phuketgazette.com website:

If a person is deported for fighting, being permitted to re-enter Thailand depends on how serious the injuries sustained in the fight were. If nobody is seriously hurt, then the person will be allowed to re-enter Thailand.

However, if you seriously injure a person, then you will not be allowed to re-enter Thailand.

On the same issue, in Thailand, as in other countries, murder is a crime. If you cause the death of a person, you will definitely not be allowed to re-enter the country.

People deported for drug use will not be allowed to re-enter Thailand.

People deported for overstaying a visa will be granted re-entry to Thailand. ”

Saturday, February 8, 2003  Pol Lt Col Uraiwan Meeinkerd, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

• 6 years later...

If I fled a country like Thailand while having drug charges against me, I wouldn't bother coming back. Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk. Am I alone on this?

I still can't see why foreigners are dumb enough to do drugs here. Then again, the fact that they're doing drugs in the first place...

How people can come to Thailand and dabble with drugs is beyond me.

TOTAL STUPIDITY,UNLESS YOU ARE ADDICTED THEN GET HELP OR DONT COME TO A COUNTRY THATS HARD ON DRUGS.Go to HOLLAND

your assinine preaching aside, you have neglected to answer the question.

save the anti-drug rant for someone who gives a sh*it.

If I fled a country like Thailand while having drug charges against me, I wouldn't bother coming back. Doesn't seem like it's worth the risk. Am I alone on this?

I still can't see why foreigners are dumb enough to do drugs here. Then again, the fact that they're doing drugs in the first place...

spoken like someone in their 60's. well said mate.

TOTAL STUPIDITY,UNLESS YOU ARE ADDICTED THEN GET HELP OR DONT COME TO A COUNTRY THATS HARD ON DRUGS.Go to HOLLAND

your assinine preaching aside, you have neglected to answer the question.

save the anti-drug rant for someone who gives a sh*it.

so you take drugs ts (transexual)

was this an antidrug issue,red the post again and stop popping the pills then maybe you can read better.i answered the post,it said dont come to Pattaya,go to Holland.YOU REALY ARE THICK OR BLIND,OR BOTH.

sheesh... if anyone needed a joint, it's you.

Not in Thailand but Holland ok,

<font color='#000000'>I was arrested and given a small bond and let out of

jail for a Minor marijuana offense (6 grams posession).

I left the country as I still had my passport and of course

never showed up in court to pay the fine (was told it would

be a 1500 baht approx. fine) as I would have been

deported which would have meant Immigration Jail til

deportation. How can I find out if I would be Safe to

return to Thailand? Just apply for a tourist Visa?

It's been 5 years and I'm Homesick for my favorite

surfing spot at Patong Beach. Bet it's crowded with

surfers now.</font>

Wouldn't suprize me if that is just why they let you out i.e. knew full well you'd be on your way and that by going you;d be saving everyone involved a bunch of paperwork and hassle. You have more chance of surfing on the moon than you rrturn been flagged. And as for PNG - do you realise what a step PNG status is?? - its a Ministerial level decision - not something some officer in Immigration or the police force can just decide to hand out - and for something as petty as not turning up to a get a Baht 1500 fine for 6grams of dope? - not likely.

5 years ago (??) - the paperwork is stashed away in some dusty archive. You're long forgotten about - no one remembers you.

Dont even apply for a visa - get your surfboard and get your 30days entery on arrival. If you are at all concerned, come back on a new passport.

You'll be fine.

This topic is 6 yers old. Given the 6 years since I would guess that the Op already has it's answer. It was re-opened by Polecat today because he wans to know if he can return imediately after being deported for overstay. Polecat has nothing to do with the OP.

As for Polecat's question, the answer is yes. You can immediatly return.