Land In Khao Yai

Hi,

I'm being offered land in khao yai national parl, one parcel just before the entrance to the park,

other, next to the international school there, all parcels boast of clear and magnificent

views,

now i have no idea as to what land in khao yai worth and would it be a good investment,

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm being offered land in khao yai national parl, one parcel just before the entrance to the park,

other, next to the international school there, all parcels boast of clear and magnificent

views,

now i have no idea as to what land in khao yai worth and would it be a good investment,

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

I was visiting Khao Yai recently. I was told that over the past 4 years land prices there increased from 500,000 baht per rai to 2,000,000! These higher prices I believe may be for developed land lots at estates such as Toscana, and not for raw land, however, I am unsure of this. I was later chatting with some of the Thai staff in my Bangkok office and several of them said they have bought land in Khao Yai in the past 2 years. The attraction, (apart from the obvious of proximity to the park, vineyards, & not far from BKK), was the concern that Bangkok may be flooded some years in the future and the ozone is very dense in the Khao Yai area (seriously, this is what they said).

Anyway, the locations which you described sounds perfect. If you turn left just before the park entrance you will see a couple of property developments along that road, including Kirimaya, where the developer has been marketing completed 209 sq.m pool villas at 11 million baht last year (i.e., 52,000 baht per sq.m).

I was later chatting with some of the Thai staff in my Bangkok office and several of them said they have bought land in Khao Yai in the past 2 years. The attraction, (apart from the obvious of proximity to the park, vineyards, & not far from BKK), was the concern that Bangkok may be flooded some years in the future and the ozone is very dense in the Khao Yai area (seriously, this is what they said).

The ozone layer is in the stratosphere layer, 20-50km above sea level. That's the last 1% of the earth's atmosphere. And your local staff say that the ozone is very dense over Khao Yai... :)

Perhaps Thai ozone consists of more than 3 atoms of oxygen per molecule?

Edited by trogers

how much and how big is the land being offered ?

It is 4 rai parcel asking B.750,000 a rai for a land in soi Si Ma Mong khong 14, about 1 km in from the main highway,

Olso an offer for a huge parcel of land around the International school

at slightly above the B.850,000 a rai,

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the land title deed is Chanote. I was also checking land prices at Khao Yai, but found many of the lands for sale were with only 'Por Bor Tor 5' tax certificate. No real ownership at all. But price was still very high:

1 rai (Chanote): ~1.5 THB (good view/location)

1 rai (Chanote): ~800K THB (so so view)

1 rai (Por Bor Tor 5): ~300-600K THB

It's very high price for land without actual ownership to pay 300-600K THB.

BR

Allan

Hi,

views,

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Dear Ezzra,

If the land is located in the National Park you are prohibited to build, cut trees and many htings more... I would suggest you have the land title searched, due diligence done when if at all a Sor.Kor.1 was issued and see if such was issued before declaration of National Park in such area. Don't invest without seeing a professional and don't go by what others do in the same area. You could also ask to obtain a letter to certify if such land is located in the National Park area or not.

Notice: This advice is general advice and shall not be seen a specific advice to a specific case without knowing all details and seeing copies of documentations.

For anyone looking for land in Khao Yai, don't forget the southern side of the park in Prachinburi province, which I thnk is much nicer than the northern side of the park where most people head for - and as important - its an easy 2 hr drive from central Bangkok on good roads / expressway all the way. We have a house and riverside land +/- 2 km from the southern edge of the park near the town of Nadi, +/- 30 km from Kabinburi.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in land and/or building as there is good land available in the district (although you can expect to pay extra if you want riverside land).

On main road from the highway to the park (thanarat road) you may expect to pay prices between 1.5 and 2.5M per rai.

The more expensive land is close to the park and has mountain view.

Prices in sois are half those on main road.

There is also a shortcut road between muaklek and thanarat road, great views and prices have gone up, a friend bought 2 rai for 1.5M 2 years ago and now sold it for 5M.

I have been looking for land with mountain view and there are many plots available around muaklek and in prachinburi province, much cheaper than khao yai.

However if you don't need a large plot of land you can buy very nice houses in khao yai with mountain view at very good prices.

• 7 months later...
Feel free to PM me if you're interested in land and/or building as there is good land available in the district (although you can expect to pay extra if you want riverside land).

We have riverside land for sale in the southern edge of the national park area for sale.

As for land in the other area on the Northern slopes...it is now very expensive.

It amazes me folk will pay so much for this land when by hunting around I found land close to Pranburi (8km from the centre) with lovely views on the side of a hill for 80000 per rai, bought 10 rai 800k Nor sor sam gor. 3 km from the main road on a hard road with water/electric.

post-66436-1268810561_thumb.jpg

post-66436-1268810808_thumb.jpg

Edited by yabaaaa

^^ Nice piece of land, yabaaa. I like rolling hills. How do you go about looking for your lands? Driving around? Locals?

Also, is much of the land around Pranburi (at least from what you know, and where you bought) Nor Sor 3 Gor and not chanote (I realize that for all intents and purposes they are the same)?

Thanks,

jcon

^^ Nice piece of land, yabaaa. I like rolling hills. How do you go about looking for your lands? Driving around? Locals?

Also, is much of the land around Pranburi (at least from what you know, and where you bought) Nor Sor 3 Gor and not chanote (I realize that for all intents and purposes they are the same)?

Thanks,

jcon

It is hard work looking for decent land with some hills and on an incline and again depends on what you want but with effort it is doable but you do have to make the effort we must hav looked at 2-300 plots and done a few hundred kms looking.

Pranburi seems a total mix of titles a fair amount of Chanote and nor sor gor3 but many have none or lost titles. The land dept showed me the map of surrounding plots to ours and ours was the only one with nsg3 the others had nothing or not known, some were nor sor gor only. It took 18 months to find what we wanted after a few "let downs" by greedy folk, the thing is to NOT set your heart and pay whatever they demand. We only encountered two people who were relatively sane when selling asking realistic prices and without loads and loads of twaddle ( ie come and have something to eat drink and endless chat avoiding giving a price/changing it continually)

Agents down that way are overpricing everything, I was shown land from and agent which i had already seen via the owner at about 150000 more per rai, sheer greed.

Yes the best way to find what you want is to get on the ground and drive around looking. My wife asked in many villages or if we saw something we liked stopped and asked anyone near there. The plot we bought was not overinflated for the "Farang" scenario as is often the case we got it at the same price a Thai would have.

My conditions for any plot were a hard road, electric/water and no more than 10km from a TESCO hahahahaha critical for me.

End of the day we got land for 80000 a rai instead of nearby greed of 500000 a rai +.

Not long after we bought there was a foreclosed piece of land about 500 metres from us up for grabs by a bank. my wife called out of curiousity and it was about 1500000 a rai.

The land office when we did all the paperwork had an official price of about 90000 a rai so we did do quite well.

We never intend to develop or spit the plot its solely for us and some space between us and any future neighbours as you never know what will be coming next door at least we have about 90metres minimum between anything that might come in the future.

Outlined red area up to the road is the boundary and has a big pool for irrigation at the far end

post-66436-1268890417_thumb.jpg

Edited by yabaaaa

I bought in Khao Yai four years ago...I paid for land and house in a development named "Wood Park" about 7 km before you arrive at the park entrance.

At this time they are getting 6 million per rai.

But this is a totally developed Home Park including pool and several water gardens.

Khao Yai and this home park is a true paradise.

• 1 year later...

We have riverside land for sale in the southern edge of the national park area for sale.

As for land in the other area on the Northern slopes...it is now very expensive.

do you still have land for sale? me and my wife are interested in land in this area but dont know where to start....any suggestions? please contact direct at danv66 at hotmail dot com