Seems A Bit Strange

Crazy Dave

Alleged Uzbekistani Prostitutes rounded up on Walking Street by Immigration Police.

Pattaya’s Immigration Department has received many complaints concerning foreign woman who appear to be selling themselves illegally on Walking Street. Police Colonel Itipon, the Immigration Police Chief gave orders to Police Captain Jackgarit to once again round up these Eastern European women. With the assistance of Tourist Police Volunteers more than 20 women all from Uzbekistan were rounded up on Walking Street, and in other areas in South Pattaya where they are known to stay. Each individual had been arrested before and their profile had been recorded. They had been previously warned that should they be arrested again, they would be expelled from the country and would not be allowed back. The group were transported to the Immigration Department in Soi 8 off Pattaya Beach Road and were told that they had run our of chance and they would all be deported back to their native country at the earliest opportunity and would be placed on the Immigrations Persona non grata blacklist.

the linky thingy

This is the second time recently they have been rounded up,but I wonder who's complaining?

I go to walking street a fair bit,I have never seen them accost anyone,they just seem to hang around for a few minutes in one place then move on.

I think the Russian go-go is here to stay,for a while anyway,as its been said the girls have work permits to dance.They have recently made it an upstairs bar,and the show is that,a show for tourists, like the Moulin Rouge LOL

I go to walking street a fair bit,I have never seen them accost anyone,they just seem to hang around for a few minutes in one place then move on.

Nods as good as a wink in that trade. Or merely pass a piece of paper with there mobile number.

I first saw the Ruskies in Pattaya in the late 90's. The Russian mafia chanced there arm in Pattaya but four of them were machine gunned down in there condo. It was shortly after this the Russians had there visa on arrival stopped. But that lasted a year, and alls back to normal for them. Dont think you will see these girls again, they will be shortly back on the Stepps of Uzbekistan. Not a great loss, they have to be some of the ugliest ###### i have seen in my life.

Pattaya’s Immigration Department has received many complaints concerning foreign woman who appear to be selling themselves illegally on Walking Street.

now who would complain? Thais wouldnt bother, farangs wouldnt bother, so where did all these complaints come from?

Not up front or in your face, so I dare say complaints may have come from beer bars or gogos.

i really dont believe either farangs or thais would bother going down to soi 8 to make a complaint, if a thai was going to complain they would phone the normal police, the normal police have a foriegn crime suppression unit, i really cant see a farang even thinking about complaining down soi 8 let alone at the tourist police station.its a bit like complaining about a gogo bar that has shows, i mean thats what most of us are looking for, and we spend our time complaining that not enough do shows...

Crazy Dave- here what you say, but I was thinking more Thai complaints than farang. However too much hassle as you stated to make a trip down to Men in Brown's home or ring. (most likely blow you off in my experience) I'd rather they deport the russian <deleted> that cause trouble than a few working gals.

These girls have flouted big time on Walking st. I used to sit and watch the plain clothes police eyeballing them from afar. As soon as the Russian girls were spoken to by a farang the police would spring into action. Well not so much spring as, crouch & bob & weave his way into an obsevation area two meters from his unsuspecting ( :o ) victim. Not really sure of what he was trying to witness .

(britmaveric @ 2005-02-16 21:46:45)

Not up front or in your face, so I dare say complaints may have come from beer bars or gogos.

Complaints would not have come from Thai go-go's or bars. If the Thai's had any grief with these girls they would not have lasted the night.

Purely & simply a case of the Thai police getting pi$$ed of with them.

Working without a permit?

Like the pseudo cops!!

Pattaya’s Immigration Department has received many complaints concerning foreign woman who appear to be selling themselves illegally on Walking Street.

now who would complain? Thais wouldnt bother, farangs wouldnt bother, so where did all these complaints come from?

Astral has the answer above... make a complaint... then do the write up in pattaya city news as a follow up.

Can women sell themselves legally in Thailand?

My guess would be the Thai mafia!!

It will be taking profit away from their businesses.

Or some do-gooders farangs?

Can women sell themselves legally in Thailand?

My guess would be the Thai mafia!!

It will be taking profit away from their businesses.

Or some do-gooders farangs?

my guess... it's the thai girls making the complaints. it's a territorial thing.

ha ha wrote.

my guess... it's the thai girls making the complaints. it's a territorial thing.

Really disagree again on that. While the Thai girls are 100% territorial when it come to their patch, be it a bar or corner of Soi etc. They seem to have no problem with whatever or whomever is offering the same service, as long as it does not impose itself on their territory. Bangkok used to be a good example of this, and still is to a small degree. The Thai girls can, and do live in harmony on that score. I personally have never seen any animosity shown towards the Russians from Thai bargirls.

As Walking St. goes its pretty much a vacant lot in so far as freelancers. Hardly any Thai freelancers operate it.

You also have to remember behind the whole facade of the girl/bar/prostitution arena, lurks the Thai guys who are running the show. So any grief the Thai girls have is dealt with from them. And as they can be ruthless & swift at looking after buisness, this small matter of Russians would have been dealt with many months ago, had it been a problem to them.